Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheLegendOfTexEvans

Argentina join rival to RLIF

I googled WRL and all I got about Rugby League is the Welsh RL and Wheelchair RL. Who are the WRL? Doesn’t sound like anything to be worried about though, do they even play League in Argentina?

Glad they listened to me !!! 😉

At Buenos Aires in February this year ... apparently the only rugby shop in Argentina (obviously for the 15-a-side code) which just opened last year. I went in and asked if they knew of the 13-a-side game, which they didn't. Therefore I showed them a clip on You Tube. The man there was very impressed, especially with our play-the-ball system after a tackle and himself said it appeared quicker than Union.

314958605_17BAires(28)-Copy.jpg.9a3c411d89e6a2bdc0164291492e4c4e.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Glad they listened to me !!! 😉

At Buenos Aires in February this year ... apparently the only rugby shop in Argentina (obviously for the 15-a-side code) which just opened last year. I went in and asked if they knew of the 13-a-side game, which they didn't. Therefore I showed them a clip on You Tube. The man there was very impressed, especially with our play-the-ball system after a tackle and himself said it appeared quicker than Union.

314958605_17BAires(28)-Copy.jpg.9a3c411d89e6a2bdc0164291492e4c4e.jpg

You should really see a doctor about that rash..

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I googled WRL and all I got about Rugby League is the Welsh RL and Wheelchair RL. Who are the WRL? Doesn’t sound like anything to be worried about though, do they even play League in Argentina?

World Rugby league

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Its hugely worrying for anyone who is involved in developing the sport abroad.

Google Sol Mokdad.

5 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Its hugely worrying for anyone who is involved in developing the sport abroad.

Google Sol Mokdad.

It sounds like even rugby enthusiasts in Argentina haven’t heard of League and that website hardly comes across as a high level organisation ready to take on the RLIF. If one of the Pacific Islands, PNG or France joined it might be concerning, but not Argentina where quite frankly the game will never be anything?

World Rugby League is a non organisation, “used” by the vichies as a stooge to allow them to attempt muddy the waters of our game internationally where the idea of 2 codes is not widely understood. 

They have no competitions to speak of and exist in a bubble of their own. It was first thought of by the Greek lunatic, and have roped in other vichies or attention seekers like Ikram Butt and the Italian RU “alternative” league. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It sounds like even rugby enthusiasts in Argentina haven’t heard of League and that website hardly comes across as a high level organisation ready to take on the RLIF. If one of the Pacific Islands, PNG or France joined it might be concerning, but not Argentina where quite frankly the game will never be anything?

Its already played there.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

By how many people? And how many of those play exclusively League rather than Union with a bit of RL on the side? 

Do you have point or are just looking for a bit of casual trolling?

In no way is this good for the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Have you ever tried to start a sport outside of the uk?

You’re not answering any of my questions (incidentally no I haven’t). Anyway I really can’t be arsed to argue about it, if you’re worried then fine. 

28 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

World Rugby league

Tbf it’s a better name than Rugby League International Federation 

Just now, Eddie said:

You’re not answering any of my questions (incidentally no I haven’t). Anyway I really can’t be arsed to argue about it, if you’re worried then fine. 

The point is can actually be illegal if you dont get the backing from the authorities and you wont get access to the facilities.

What question do you want me to answer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Argentina join rival to RLIF

Worrying developments with Rugby League with Argentina breaking away joining the Rugby Union leaning WRL.

Do they actually know about the IRLF ?

If not, perhaps someone from the official governing body should try and contact them about it.

50 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

World Rugby League is a non organisation, “used” by the vichies as a stooge to allow them to attempt muddy the waters of our game internationally where the idea of 2 codes is not widely understood. 

They have no competitions to speak of and exist in a bubble of their own. It was first thought of by the Greek lunatic, and have roped in other vichies or attention seekers like Ikram Butt and the Italian RU “alternative” league. 

It’s very clever though as you can’t join any of the world wide sporting movements. From the Olympics to sport accord if there is a dispute in your sport as to who is the worldwide governing body. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

It’s very clever though as you can’t join any of the world wide sporting movements. From the Olympics to sport accord if there is a dispute in your sport as to who is the worldwide governing body. 

that locks out funding for a lot of countries, but rugby league is not a 'real' sport.

It is concerning that Carlos Varela has decided to take the Argentinian RL across to the World Rugby League from the RLIF.  I have to admit I was very much surprised by the news, especially as the RLIF had actually been assisting groups like Argentina with taking the steps to get government recognition and outlined the steps for them to become Affiliate members.

I would have thought if South American nations were going to 'jump ship' it would have been 2-3 years ago when World Rugby League was actually doing something and the RLIF had zero interest in the region...maybe the extra attention created scrutiny that wasn't well received? 

Anyway, hopefully it is just a joke or designed to get some attention and the CARL come back to the RLIF... With Brazil and Chile now Affiliate Members of both the APRLC and RLIF, confirmed and funded Americas Nines & RL Championship every 2 years and other nations in the region pushing for membership, they'll find themselves very lonely and very much left behind if they stay with the WRL.... 

• Like 4

signature.jpg

16 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

that locks out funding for a lot of countries, but rugby league is not a 'real' sport.

I think it was the reason sport accord turned us down on our last application. Guess who objected to us being recognised because of this. 

• Like 3