York Stadium getting a bit more capacity

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Shame it's all seated 

Yep would be good if these community stadiums could install rail seats - lot cheaper to design them in at design and  build stage - also helps the capacity increase.

Standing a lot better than sitting for most fans and lower league football allows standing so really no excuses as to why they went all seater.

17 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Standing a lot better than sitting for most fans and lower league football allows standing so really no excuses as to why they went all seater.

Apart from the £2.5m loan from the Football Foundation that demanded it was all seater for the loan to turn into a grant.

But other than that, no excuses at all... 

Just now, Gav Wilson said:

Apart from the £2.5m loan from the Football Foundation that demanded it was all seater for the loan to turn into a grant.

Yep that's the point marra - no need for it as you can stand in lower league football - as I said in my post.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Looks a pretty characterless stadium to be brutally honest. Swings and roundabouts.

Well I'm very much looking forward to the safe, spacious, modern and (most importantly for me) accessible facilities in the new ground anyway, along with hospitality facilities (the directors box at Bootham Crescent faced out onto the car park!).

It'll give the Knights the perfect platform for Super League anyway.

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

Well I'm very much looking forward to the safe, spacious, modern and (most importantly for me) accessible facilities in the new ground anyway, along with hospitality facilities (the directors box at Bootham Crescent faced out onto the car park!).

It'll give the Knights the perfect platform for Super League anyway.

Yeah, I hear that but it is bland.

My lower league football team is building a new stadium and while the commercial opportunities will likely be transformational, it’s similarly lacking character. Outside the elite, these things tend to be built to a price.

It’s a pity there’s no standing, but again, same situation as with my football club and grants. Beggars can’t be choosers.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

LSV received a very sizeable football grant , we got standing ?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

LSV received a very sizeable football grant , we got standing ?

Both York Council and the Football Club tried desperately to get the Football Foundation to change their stipulations but sadly to no avail.

It is what it is. I'd much rather have a brand new 8,500 all seater than a 98 year old 7,500 capacity ground (less a few hundred each year as the safety certificate condemns another section) with the option to stand on a crumbling terrace and a piece of guttering against a wall for a toilet. 

Each to their own I guess.

7 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Both York Council and the Football Club tried desperately to get the Football Foundation to change their stipulations but sadly to no avail.

It is what it is. I'd much rather have a brand new 8,500 all seater than a 98 year old 7,500 capacity ground (less a few hundred each year as the safety certificate condemns another section) with the option to stand on a crumbling terrace and a piece of guttering against a wall for a toilet. 

Each to their own I guess.

So just to clarify - is there any standing??

Archived