York Stadium getting a bit more capacity

huh? Splitting hairs. License, franchise, membership of the RFL/SL is what I meant.....

On this forum, any mention of licensing/franchising is enough to change the course of a thread. There's been no mention of it coming in. Currently, if London and Wakefield are ok, York will be fine.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a link to a webcam of the new stadium development or photos anywhere?

There are fragments on the York Council website and also the Contractor has set a Twitter account up.  Latest video is from around April in the link.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ycssiteteam?lang=en

But, to answer your question.  No live time lapse that I can find.  Maybe the timescale was too tight and the Contractors conscious of posting negative info on delays.  

16 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Stadium won’t be raeady till end of March at the earliest. Can’t see city wanting to move so close to the end of their season

Looks to me like it’s the rest of the complex that is getting the focus.  The ground doesn’t look that far off.

13 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Any standing?

What's the score with regards to income for the RL club, is it based on a % of the investment in the stadium (disregarding the other parts of the complex), are York buying their share of the stadium or is it long term lease/rent?

I just about remember my first visit to York/Clarence st, it was a mid week match, I was 9 and went with my mum IIRC, normally went to away matches with my auntie as she worked at the Boulevard BITD. York fans always seemed to be a nice bunch from what I remember but haven't been back since 1980 in the old Div1.

That was the very first game of rugby I attended as a young lad. Seem to remember York being well in the game until the last 10 minutes when you blew us away down the wings. Nowadays, with Fordy in charge, we'd have had ya! ? 

York Knights are fairly secretive when it comes to ticket sales, targets etc but I reckon they’ll be aiming for 3k average next season, no doubt the first match there will get 6k or so plus with Leeds dropping down to the Championship that should see a sellout.

There are some pictures of progress so far here: 

https://twitter.com/YCFCStadium?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Amid all this talk/speculation about York's new stadium, it's great to see the old Clarence Street/Wigginton Road ground hasn't been forgotten. This impressive commemorative plaque (in distinctive white and black rather than the standard blue and white that proliferates across the city) was positioned earlier this year, on the side of The Hut, near what was the ground's main entrance on Wigginton Road. Thanks to everybody who made it happen.

York RLFC_Wigginton Road ground commemorative plaque_01_23-08-19_LR_edited-2.jpg

2 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Amid all this talk/speculation about York's new stadium, it's great to see the old Clarence Street/Wigginton Road ground hasn't been forgotten. This impressive commemorative plaque (in distinctive white and black rather than the standard blue and white that proliferates across the city) was positioned earlier this year, on the side of The Hut, near what was the ground's main entrance on Wigginton Road. Thanks to everybody who made it happen.

York RLFC_Wigginton Road ground commemorative plaque_01_23-08-19_LR_edited-2.jpg

There’s a little mention there if the Inter Works games which are sorely missed.  Fenners, BOCM, Railway, Reckitts and many more.

Cant ever imagine them being revived.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The missus and I sheaths do a North Yorkshire Post Xmas weekend 

Would like to match this with going to the new stadium

What sort of time scale we looking at? Any pre season friendlies in Feb? 

Go to the match and then take her for a special romantic treat in the Three Cranes around 9pm.  

On 23/08/2019 at 16:09, AB Knight said:

York Knights are fairly secretive when it comes to ticket sales, targets etc but I reckon they’ll be aiming for 3k average next season, no doubt the first match there will get 6k or so plus with Leeds dropping down to the Championship that should see a sellout.

There are some pictures of progress so far here: 

https://twitter.com/YCFCStadium?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

3k average would be nice but i think they will slip down next year once they move to the new stadium, imo the crowd increase has had a lot to do with it been in the centre of town (bootham crescent) which makes for a good day out with most walking to the match and staying out in the close by pubs. 

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

6 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Clifton Hotel ?.

Other than the rugby and a couple of hours sightseeing we won't be in York long. Certainly not at night..... We saw a glassing there at the 1970s themed club place (the one on the corner) about 3 years back and vowed not to do nights out there any more..... Knaresborough/Harrogate a nicer night out! 

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Other than the rugby and a couple of hours sightseeing we won't be in York long. Certainly not at night..... We saw a glassing there at the 1970s themed club place (the one on the corner) about 3 years back and vowed not to do nights out there any more..... Knaresborough/Harrogate a nicer night out! 

None of that in the York pubs I go in.  Got to admit, I don’t go in Three Cranes though.  A bit like stepping into the muppet show.

But there again, if you knew it, you would know where to go.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• 1 month later...

Archived