club statement

tms

I applaud the action taken regarding a centre who shall remain nameless and welcome the club statement in relation to it but where is the club statement regarding the reserves or should I say the lack of reserves next season???

2 hours ago, POR said:

I applaud the action taken regarding a centre who shall remain nameless and welcome the club statement in relation to it but where is the club statement regarding the reserves or should I say the lack of reserves next season???

I know its a long shot at the moment but if Fev did a "London" and got promoted then they would need to have a reserve team under the new rules and perhaps the statement might be a while coming.

On 26/08/2019 at 05:03, J Phil Loxton said:

I know its a long shot at the moment but if Fev did a "London" and got promoted then they would need to have a reserve team under the new rules and perhaps the statement might be a while coming.

not really toronto won't have to field a reserve side the new league has been sorted bradford widnes halifax and newcastle have  all been included and FEV haven't but the club haven't had the decency to tell us why

6 minutes ago, POR said:

not really toronto won't have to field a reserve side the new league has been sorted bradford widnes halifax and newcastle have  all been included and FEV haven't but the club haven't had the decency to tell us why

Not released officially by the club but in a nutshell, from someone who knows how the 2nd team pretty well, the simple answer is that after talks with the RFL, we didn't apply.

19 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Not released officially by the club but in a nutshell, from someone who knows how the 2nd team pretty well, the simple answer is that after talks with the RFL, we didn't apply.

that may be true but why all the secrecy?

18 minutes ago, haskey said:

Also WHY did we not apply.

We approached the RFL who made it clear, as with Keighley and others, that our application would not be successful. That is why we didn't apply. As to why the club hasn't made an official announcement to this effect I have no idea, and like you think it is a pretty poor show on the club's behalf. Communicating stuff to the fans is certainly one area that leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.

2 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

We approached the RFL who made it clear, as with Keighley and others, that our application would not be successful. That is why we didn't apply. As to why the club hasn't made an official announcement to this effect I have no idea, and like you think it is a pretty poor show on the club's behalf. Communicating stuff to the fans is certainly one area that leaves a lot to be desired at the moment.

Is there a reason that you are privy to this imformation,yet other fans are not.Maybe you should start posting up to date press releases

9 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Is there a reason that you are privy to this imformation,yet other fans are not.Maybe you should start posting up to date press releases

It is not privy information, it is just old fashioned talking to people rather than relying on the internet! Sometimes when you need to know something it is wiser to ask directly the people concerned that you may happen to see in the town, getting it from the horses mouth as it were. ? 

12 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

but why wouldn't our application   be succesfull we already run a succesful reserve team and newcastle who don't have been included and they didn't' tell kieghley until after they applied and not before quote from the rfl

“We have explained to Keighley Cougars and Whitehaven that their applications fell short i

and quote from kieghley

decision by the Rugby Football League to reject our application 

maybe blue ox got it right " The cynic in me says that Fev won't need a reserves team instead sending players to play for Leeds reserves in some sort of joint venture?"  

1 minute ago, POR said:

but why wouldn't our application   be succesfull we already run a succesful reserve team and newcastle who don't have been included and they didn't' tell kieghley until after they applied and not before quote from the rfl

“We have explained to Keighley Cougars and Whitehaven that their applications fell short i

and quote from kieghley

decision by the Rugby Football League to reject our application 

maybe blue ox got it right " The cynic in me says that Fev won't need a reserves team instead sending players to play for Leeds reserves in some sort of joint venture?"  

Blues Ox is Mystic Meg and I claim my £5! ?

57 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

It is not privy information, it is just old fashioned talking to people rather than relying on the internet! Sometimes when you need to know something it is wiser to ask directly the people concerned that you may happen to see in the town, getting it from the horses mouth as it were. ? 

but why isn't  the horses mouth telling everybody else

14 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Blues Ox is Mystic Meg and I claim my £5! ?

your way down the list hundreds of people have already claimed that fiver over blue ox musings ?

41 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Maybe because they know at least 80% of members would like a reserve team.Quick enough to let us know when they want our cash.

Poor communication until as you said they want something from us.  Rumours and speculation and chin wagging would all end if a simple statement of facts were announced. If people in the know can talk on the street why the blankety blank can't an announcement be made.

As many posts above: I am completely bemused by the lack of response by the club on the reserve mystery. I even penned a letter to the |League Express bemoaning the lack of ANY communication from the club. The reserves have performed quite well during this year and have never been out of their depth. The supporters deserve a explanation. 

2 hours ago, haskey said:

As many posts above: I am completely bemused by the lack of response by the club on the reserve mystery. I even penned a letter to the |League Express bemoaning the lack of ANY communication from the club. The reserves have performed quite well during this year and have never been out of their depth. The supporters deserve a explanation. 

I am not wishing to sound flippant, but have you tried writing/emailing the Club itself rather than the League Express?

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

I am not wishing to sound flippant, but have you tried writing/emailing the Club itself rather than the League Express?

But haven't you spoken to people on the street and wondered why the club hasn't made a statement? So why haven't you tried writing to the club or emailing them? Are you just relying on comments straight from the horses mouth? 

2 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

But haven't you spoken to people on the street and wondered why the club hasn't made a statement? So why haven't you tried writing to the club or emailing them? Are you just relying on comments straight from the horses mouth? 

I have no need to write or email because like I said, I saw a person connected with Featherstone Rovers walking in Featherstone and so I asked them directly what was the situation concerning the reserves. They gave me an answer which satisfied my question, an answer I have shared on this forum. 

Way I see it and could be way off the mark as usual but Fev are obviously in Leeds back pockets so it would make sense for firstly Fev to still get plenty of players from Leeds either via Loan/DR/"signings" and secondly for Leeds to have their bit part players playing at a level that will be higher than a non wanted reserves league Ie. The championship. Neither one of those things will happen if Leeds have to fill a team of Reserves each week so the easiest thing would to be effectively have a joint reserves team but obviously i Leeds name. Fev will take their best players from their current reserves and they will get the chance to play for that team and continue their development and will likely produce 1 or 2 players each year good enough to play for Fev while Leeds get to develop their better players at Fev still in the hope that 1 or 2 of those will turn out to be good first teamers each year.

Leeds are not daft they would rather spend money on the first team than a reserve team but doing it this way they can get the best of both worlds.

44 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Way I see it and could be way off the mark as usual but Fev are obviously in Leeds back pockets so it would make sense for firstly Fev to still get plenty of players from Leeds either via Loan/DR/"signings" and secondly for Leeds to have their bit part players playing at a level that will be higher than a non wanted reserves league Ie. The championship. Neither one of those things will happen if Leeds have to fill a team of Reserves each week so the easiest thing would to be effectively have a joint reserves team but obviously i Leeds name. Fev will take their best players from their current reserves and they will get the chance to play for that team and continue their development and will likely produce 1 or 2 players each year good enough to play for Fev while Leeds get to develop their better players at Fev still in the hope that 1 or 2 of those will turn out to be good first teamers each year.

Leeds are not daft they would rather spend money on the first team than a reserve team but doing it this way they can get the best of both worlds.

I wonder where the Leeds Reserves will be playing their fixtures? ?

12 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

I have no need to write or email because like I said, I saw a person connected with Featherstone Rovers walking in Featherstone and so I asked them directly what was the situation concerning the reserves. They gave me an answer which satisfied my question, an answer I have shared on this forum. 

somebody in the know lucky you I've only ever  seen is veronica so next time you see a person connected with Featherstone Rovers walking in Featherstone ask them to post something on the web site please cheers❓

3 hours ago, POR said:

somebody in the know lucky you I've only ever  seen is veronica so next time you see a person connected with Featherstone Rovers walking in Featherstone ask them to post something on the web site please cheers❓

Perhaps he or she was walking away.

6 hours ago, POR said:

I’ve seen Ryan Carr amongst others walking in station lane, perhaps you’re not there at the right times ???

Im Fev and im proud

Archived