super 8

Rugby league should create an 8 team super league. Team names not associated with any town or city. The 8 then play each other 3 times with top four making semis. All the games could be taken to cities across the UK , Europe , America and Canada. Two matches played Saturday and two Sunday . All live on TV.   

Chief Crazy Eagle

We’ve had some good ideas on this site before, plenty that don’t mess too much up and are just because of the application of things like common sense. 

We’ve also had some bad ideas that are pie in the sky fantasy nonsense, are not cost effective or requires funding that the game doesn’t have. 

Then we’ve had this suggestion. I’m going to put this in a category of its own and call it the worst of all time. 

Congratulations. 

8 minutes ago, superten said:

Team names not associated with any town or city.

What does that mean ? What are the teams then... who do you support if there’s no affinity with a place ? Either I’m very thick or there are slight flaws in this plan 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

What does that mean ? What are the teams then... who do you support if there’s no affinity with a place ? Either I’m very thick or there are slight flaws in this plan 

LOTS of fans these days in sports support a brand . Teams from towns and cities that they have no association with . Look at F1 teams there not from any town or city but people still support the team . Plenty of Uk fans support American football teams . We could create 8 teams packed with super star RL players . We can have weekend gaps to allow for travel adjustments in time zones . Weekends in New York , Toronto. Ottawa , London . Paris . Barcelona .     

Chief Crazy Eagle

1 minute ago, superten said:

LOTS of fans these days in sports support a brand . Teams from towns and cities that they have no association with . Look at F1 teams there not from any town or city but people still support the team . Plenty of Uk fans support American football teams . We could create 8 teams packed with super star RL players . We can have weekend gaps to allow for travel adjustments in time zones . Weekends in New York , Toronto. Ottawa , London . Paris . Barcelona .     

American Football teams are based in actual places and their names have a place name in them, like, you know MIAMI Dolphins or the NEW YORK Jets. 

The season's only been over for two days. There are still internationals to play. 

Take this down. Wait for a bit. And then...when we are all really bored from discussing Toronto and new kits throw this into the mix. BOOM! ?

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

American Football teams are based in actual places and their names have a place name in them, like, you know MIAMI Dolphins or the NEW YORK Jets. 

yes i know that . But look when it comes to London . Most fans have never been to these places have no association at all with the teams .  

Chief Crazy Eagle

59 minutes ago, superten said:

yes i know that . But look when it comes to London . Most fans have never been to these places have no association at all with the teams .  

Away you go , you sort it out and I'll go watching Leigh , hope it works out for you 

We often can’t  fill grounds with big clubs rooted in communities on fans doorsteps...but 80000 are gonna travel or turn up in far flung parts to watch The Coca Cola Reds v The Bert’s Agricultural Supplies Blues . Call me old mr unadventurous but I struggle to see this taking off

Archived