Australia U23 v France

Pulga

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

The french brought a very amateur team. No Fages, Escare, Gigot, Julien, etc

They should have called it the French development side or something. It's damaging to the brand.

new rise.jpg

39 minutes ago, Damien said:

They should have certainly done this because in no way, shape or form is this anything like a full French team.

The problem is it is their full team because it's the best 17 they could obviously get to make themselves available. Shows there are some massive underlying issues in the French game as highlighted by Baitieri.

If I was England, NZ or Aus I'd be looking at this and wondering if it would be worth commiting to a test against them when come the week of the game they could announce a squad missing 15 of their top 20 players essentially making it a training run.

It's very damaging to French Rugby League in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

The problem is it is their full team because it's the best 17 they could obviously get to make themselves available. Shows there are some massive underlying issues in the French game as highlighted by Baitieri.

If I was England, NZ or Aus I'd be looking at this and wondering if it would be worth commiting to a test against them when come the week of the game they could announce a squad missing 15 of their top 20 players essentially making it a training run.

Exactly this. 

This is why Australia is so insular.

new rise.jpg

18 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

The problem is though, everyone knew this was essentially a development team and this game was scheduled against the Aussie U18s. Then suddenly Mal Meninga announces they're playing the Junior Kangaroos instead, and we end up with this mismatch. It's not just one governing body at fault, the entire sport is run by people who can't see beyond next week. 

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Archived