Sign in to follow this  
Bearman

Scheduled home games

If the cup draws are unkind then we have only one home fixture between the start of the season in early Feb to the home game in April on Good Friday. I have to be realistic that that first home game might not be the biggest draw of the season.

Perhaps the fact that it will be the first home of the season might draw a few Barrovians to the Matt Johnson Prestige Craven Park to see in the new season?

I know I am reopening the can of worms but how can the town support two old stadiums?. I know there are a few people that support both codes but surely even the most rabid die hard must see that their club of choice is being damaged by the crippling cost of the (white) elephant in the room?

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

I agree Ron both clubs should be playing in one stadium ... its the way forward

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/18046630.head-coach-paul-crarey-puzzled-barrow-raiders-get-yet-another-away-start-2020-season/

Fully behind Paul and the board with this statement. If we don’t get at least a few home draws in the Cup games then we could seriously struggle financially. Even so cup games only give you half of the gate revenue! The RFL insist on making it difficult for us as we aren’t a “favoured club” so let’s shove it back at them and get through it by winning every week.

UP THE RAIDERS🔵⚪

1 hour ago, Barroooww said:

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/18046630.head-coach-paul-crarey-puzzled-barrow-raiders-get-yet-another-away-start-2020-season/

Fully behind Paul and the board with this statement. If we don’t get at least a few home draws in the Cup games then we could seriously struggle financially. Even so cup games only give you half of the gate revenue! The RFL insist on making it difficult for us as we aren’t a “favoured club” so let’s shove it back at them and get through it by winning every week.

UP THE RAIDERS🔵⚪

Yet Town have 4 home games in first 5 fixtures. 

HW

I can see absolutely no reason why the league fixtures can't be organised on a simple alternating home and away basis. 

• Like 1

Hopefully an increasing number of people paying for their season ticket by direct debit / standing order will provide a bit more stabilitity both in the off season and when games are few and far between.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Havenwarrior said:

Yet Town have 4 home games in first 5 fixtures. 

HW

Sounds like they'll find themselves with hardly any home games during the best part of the summer as happened to us the other year. 

Hopefully more games at home in the better weather will work in our favour for crowd numbers, just need to get through the early lack of income.

Edited by Penno
typo
  • Like 1