The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I am baffled by the Bank issue , so where does he keep his money ? , Shoe box under the bed ? 

It's a funny old thing the Islamic faith , so many interpretations 

There are sharia banks I believe, though I have no idea how they work. 

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

There are sharia banks I believe, though I have no idea how they work. 

Even in the UK most high street banks have "halal" accounts. I think its something like the interest is still paid but goes to charity

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

"halal"

Why did you call them this? Pretty poor stuff whoever coined it!

Wolfpack Hold 2020 Media Day in Manchester

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/wolfpack-hold-2020-media-day-in-manchester/

Cue why aren't they doing it in Toronto?   Business decision, Spoiler alert!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Toronto are speaking out of self-interest too, let’s get that right.

I’m really not sure Toronto’s Us vs Them strategy is wise given the other clubs hold the cards.

Yeah of course they are but I think they have reason to believe in the us vs them narrative. In L1 and the Championship they were welcomed by clubs whereas continually from some SL chairmen and fans they've faced this sad diatribe. Pearson's article reads like a "What have the Wolfpack done for us?" version of the monty python sketch.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah of course they are but I think they have reason to believe in the us vs them narrative. In L1 and the Championship they were welcomed by clubs whereas continually from some SL chairmen and fans they've faced this sad diatribe. Pearson's article reads like a "What have the Wolfpack done for us?" version of the monty python sketch.

Indeed , when it should be " what can the Wolfpack do for us ? " 

1 minute ago, aj1908 said:

its not called halal i think lol

Nah I'm pretty sure they are. Halal just means "permissible" or "clean" in the religious sense. Naturally we hear it mostly with food but it applies to most aspects of life in certain ways.

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Indeed , when it should be " what can the Wolfpack do for us ? " 

kennedy said ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

then there is this attitude.

its becoming so clear why rugby league has never been able to expand out of the narrow strip it inhabits in england.

Sure but it gives some insight into what other clubs think about TWP’s pleas for help with their salary cap problems/recruitment mismanagement.

Nah I'm pretty sure they are. Halal just means "permissible" or "clean" in the religious sense. Naturally we hear it mostly with food but it applies to most aspects of life in certain ways.

o/t but halal refers to how food is prepared according to the religion so its not applicable.  the food has to face mecca or some such

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Sure but it gives some insight into what other clubs think about TWP’s pleas for help with their salary cap problems/recruitment mismanagement.

Oh yeah, but I don't think that is the whole league's perspective and is totally ironic coming from a moaner in chief in the shape of Pearson. His dummy is still in orbit from when he spat it out over Briscoe signing for Leeds.

4 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

o/t but halal refers to how food is prepared according to the religion so its not applicable.  the food has to face mecca or some such

Yes, as part of the cleaning process, but "halal" the word just means clean/permissible and refers to many aspects of life as does its counterpart "haram". Food is the obvious part and the one most others have interaction with, but it applies to banking, lifestyle choices, etc too.

13 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I've got the Generals personal coat of arms hot off the plasma cutter right now....as we speak!   She is a beauty!

Argyle is going to love it!

image4 (1).jpeg

I managed to get a huge Canadian flag with the white centre panel completely empty.  That would make a PERFECT template for spray painting the logo.  I've already had these ones made in Barrie, and put people in touch with the company  to have their own made as well.

My flag at the London Broncos match.jpg

On another note, I'd love to discuss the idea of implementing a soft salary cap with a luxury tax, with said tax being equally distributed to all other clubs under the cap, as is done in MLB.

39 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't see what relevance your post has with mine

The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

To save it from disappearing over the horizon of irrelevant.

You didn't answer my question though.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived