The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I don't think Argyle, a man that has failed to pay numerous bills on time over the past three and a half years, a man who has failed to pay player wages on time for the past 6-7 months and has made racist comments to a player in the last year, needs any help in looking the fool.

What are all these failed bill payments that you have details of?

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Who knows? We don't have licencing so its all conjecture. Widnes managed it before.

When applying in 2008 the RFL ignored an 85% finished LSV , but we're happy to include a nice drawing of a stadium proposed in Bridgend , and similar at CAS , Wakey and Salford 

We don't trust them , they tell lies , as does Mr Argyle , he has just seen an opportunity to reorganize his club , dumping the unwanted and too expensive , and give his club a chance to remain in SL ,if they play this year they will be relegated , that's why he has gambled , he is now talking about ' junior development ' in Canada to garner support 

Not happy 

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It should be pointed out that the Visa issue has been resolved, thanks to the RFL, as acknowledged by Bob Hunter. 

what I couldn't understand about the visa anomaly is why didn't the players all go home instead of sitting about in the uk? 

FEV have 3 in aus and 1 in france so if they had temporary visas they would still be valid 

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

When applying in 2008 the RFL ignored an 85% finished LSV , but we're happy to include a nice drawing of a stadium proposed in Bridgend , and similar at CAS , Wakey and Salford 

We don't trust them , they tell lies , as does Mr Argyle , he has just seen an opportunity to reorganize his club , dumping the unwanted and too expensive , and give his club a chance to remain in SL ,if they play this year they will be relegated , that's why he has gambled , he is now talking about ' junior development ' in Canada to garner support 

Not happy 

You know it’s twelve years on, don’t you? It’s pure conjecture saying Leigh wouldn’t ever get a place. 

1 minute ago, POR said:

what I couldn't understand about the visa anomaly is why didn't the players all go home instead of sitting about in the uk? 

FEV have 3 in aus and 1 in france so if they had temporary visas they would still be valid 

They were on 6 month visas, so not run out yet - but would do before the end of the extended season.

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

You know it’s twelve years on, don’t you? It’s pure conjecture saying Leigh wouldn’t ever get a place. 

Mr Beaumont will leave Leigh if licencing returns , he , like me knows Leigh will never be offered one , I know this because he told me so , he only came back to Leigh ( he rejoined the ownership of Leigh by buying my shares off me ) when on the pitch P and R returned , and will not remain if it ends 

If you tried your best to find a location least suitable to be offered a licence , you would put a pin in the map on Leigh , probably next would be Fev , we are under no illusions , and as Harry and Robin have stated what they will do if it returns , so will I , I did so last time , it took a couple of years , but I lost interest , I attended more away games than home more for a day out than the RL 

Just now, dboy said:

It's really not.

It was down to the Covid-19 pandemic stopping every source of income they have.

But the fundamental issue with the TORONTO Wolfpack IS they aren't from Canada 

Which other Sports club is based on a different continent to its ' home ' ?

42 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It should be pointed out that the Visa issue has been resolved, thanks to the RFL, as acknowledged by Bob Hunter. 

The horse has left the barn.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

None that I am aware of - is it a condition of membership?

Why do you describe it as the fundamental issue? Do you understand the phrase?

Fundamentally, TWPs issue is, they don't have the money to complete the season.

22 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Mr Argyle , he has just seen an opportunity to reorganize his club , dumping the unwanted and too expensive , and give his club a chance to remain in SL ,if they play this year they will be relegated , that's why he has gambled , he is now talking about ' junior development ' in Canada to garner support 

That’s an overreading of the situation. I don’t think this is ‘moral hazard’ a la the bankers.

Toronto didn’t have the dollars to continue and withdrew.

They are now on their best behaviour- ‘it’ll be different next time, if you take us back we’ll change etc.’ - because Arygle will get less for his equity if Toronto is a Championship/L1 club when he sells up.

I wouldn’t expect anything less from anyone in that situation.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

That’s an overreading of the situation. I don’t think this is ‘moral hazard’ a la the bankers.

Toronto didn’t have the dollars to continue and withdrew.

They are now on their best behaviour- ‘it’ll be different next time, if you take us back we’ll change etc.’ - because Arygle will get less for his equity if Toronto is a Championship/L1 club when he sells up.

I wouldn’t expect anything less from anyone in that situation.

Toronto are a guest club so dont even have a licence to sell, what equity do they have?

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

Toronto are a guest club so dont even have a licence to sell, what equity do they have?

When they ' purchase ' west Wales and get their membership and set up an academy there for a couple of years , all will be good 😉

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

a lot of formula 1 teams

1 minute ago, RobertAM said:

a lot of formula 1 teams

Only if you consider tracks in individual countries as "home".

F1 teams are generally based in the UK.

Regardless, I refuse to accept F1 as a sport. It's a sham.

Just now, dboy said:

Only if you consider tracks in individual countries as "home".

F1 teams are generally based in the UK.

Regardless, I refuse to accept F1 as a sport. It's a sham.

thanks for the insight..I'll stop watching then.

Just now, GUBRATS said:

So a stupid answer deserved a stupid question 

Do you want to give any more stupid answers ?

keep those stupid questions coming

Archived