Jump to content
weloveyouwakefield2

The Greatest Rugby League Player of All Time

Recommended Posts

I didn't get the chance to see Bevan or Sullivan play so I can't really comment. 

I think there is a very decent argument for either Hanley or Lewis to be the best of all time.

I think that covers all of them!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All depends on who is voting. Someone who has watched SL and Leeds for the past 20 years would probably think Sinfield is the greatest but he maybe doesnt know who say Andrew John's is or ever saw Ellery Hanley play.

Likewise someone in Oz maybe doesnt know any British players except maybe the likes of Morley or Burgess etc.

Same these days when every kid argues about the best ever soccer player- Messi or Ronaldo but anyone over 30 will laugh and say Maradona was far better than both as he played in a tougher era on poor pitches etc - older fans will say Best or Pele etc

It's all relative to who is voting.

The Answer to this question by the way is Ellery Hanley.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Sinfield!

KEVIN Sinfield!

KEVIN SINFIELD!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kevin Sinfield! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Excuse me for a minute!

  • Like 6
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only one who could make an actual top 5 would be lewis.   names that are better than the residue :

johns, lockyer, messenger, churchill, gasnier, langlangs, raper, sterling, meninga

fittler daley

i could probably name loads more too

Edited by aj1908
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh darn, I came back into this thread!

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

????????????????????????????????

sorry... I need to leave again.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Kevin Sinfield!

KEVIN Sinfield!

KEVIN SINFIELD!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kevin Sinfield! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Excuse me for a minute!

 

I see you got the joke.


Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Kevin Sinfield!

KEVIN Sinfield!

KEVIN SINFIELD!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kevin Sinfield! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Excuse me for a minute!

Not very nice laughing kid...

Now so we all dont laugh at you - just let us know how many SL games you played, points you scored, dream teams you made, GFs you won, CCFs you won, GB caps  England caps and I'm assuming you won at least 2 golden boots for best player on the world as Sinfield only won that the once.....

Edited by Mr Frisky
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

the only one who could make an actual top 5 would be lewis.   names that are better than the residue :

johns, lockyer, messenger, churchill, gasnier, langlangs, raper, sterling, meninga

fittler daley

i could probably name loads more too

Well this post has confirmed something I already suspected.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

the only one who could make an actual top 5 would be lewis.   names that are better than the residue :

johns, lockyer, messenger, churchill, gasnier, langlangs, raper, sterling, meninga

fittler daley

i could probably name loads more too

Hanley in the top 5 for me.

As modern Forwards goes Jamie Peacock all day long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not very nice laughing kid...

Now so we all dont laugh at you - just let us know how many SL games you played, points you scored, dream teams you made, GFs you won, CCFs you won, GB caps  England caps and I'm assuming you won at least 2 golden boots for best player on the world as Sinfield only won that the once.....

The list is the top 5 players of all time apparently , and in no instance in the whole history of the universe can you put Sinfield in there .

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not very nice laughing kid...

Now so we all dont laugh at you - just let us know how many SL games you played, points you scored, dream teams you made, GFs you won, CCFs you won, GB caps  England caps and I'm assuming you won at least 2 golden boots for best player on the world as Sinfield only won that the once.....

Give over. Sinfield. Fantastic player and a great career. Top 5 of all time? He wasn’t even the best player in his team!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not very nice laughing kid...

Now so we all dont laugh at you - just let us know how many SL games you played, points you scored, dream teams you made, GFs you won, CCFs you won, GB caps  England caps and I'm assuming you won at least 2 golden boots for best player on the world as Sinfield only won that the once.....

He's right though.  Maybe you can argue for Bevan.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Hanley in the top 5 for me.

As modern Forwards goes Jamie Peacock all day long.

Hanley not in the top five but not far off imo 

He got found out a bit against the kangaroos 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aj1908 said:

Hanley not in the top five but not far off imo 

He got found out a bit against the kangaroos 

Keep digging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

He's right though.  Maybe you can argue for Bevan.  

Never said Sinfield top 5, I said Hanley is though.

All I said about Sinfield was that we have a keyboard warrior laughing at a great player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 5 players selected by the RFL's 125 "super fans", presumably one of the criteria was having played for a British club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Never said Sinfield top 5, I said Hanley is though.

All I said about Sinfield was that we have a keyboard warrior laughing at a great player.

Only bc sinfield was in the top 5

He's a great player but nowhere near the best ever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JonM said:

It's 5 players selected by the RFL's 125 "super fans", presumably one of the criteria was having played for a British club. 

That would make more sense 

Johns played for Warrington so he goes to the top of the list 

Edited by aj1908
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aj1908 said:

 Johns played for Warrington so he goes to the top of the list 

Three fairly forgettable games. I'd still put him just behind Wally Lewis, in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JonM said:

Three fairly forgettable games. I'd still put him just behind Wally Lewis, in any case.

If it's how they played in England of course he had only one good game 

Then if so what about Jamie Lyon? He probably did more than Lewis In England

 

Edited by aj1908

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aj1908 said:

Only bc sinfield was in the top 5

He's a great player but nowhere near the best ever

 

Sinfield was a top player, but not in the best 5 players ever. He didn't really excel at International level.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...