RL in Slovenia - Needs Your Help

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Zlaterog a mythical goat is the national symbol of Slovenia, so presumably that’s why they want it on their badge. 

Fair enough. 

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 24/03/2020 at 20:31, ATLANTISMAN said:

We have written to them last week in fact.

I am pretty much retired nowadays so have plenty of time on my hands for this the wife has agreed she is funding it so away we go.

Slovenia was not one of the 10 countries the 3 of us (4 in fact with the cameraman) drew up however 1 could be replaced fairly easily.

Without naming places we have 2 in Europe (I have mentioned 1 Belarus which is 100% nailed on my wife has a couple of clients in Minsk so we have contacts there already) 1 in Africa 2 in Latin America 1  Caribbean 1 Asia 2 and a further 2 places which no-one would ever think of but the locals are fairly well built fighting types whom we think would love it:)

So if you think I am mentally impaired having just appeared on this site writing this I fully understand LOL:)

Watch this space ?

Slovenia is certainly beautiful , why dont you head down to Montenegro while you are around?

Now thats a thought Ian:) I just hope everything clears up by October when we have planned the first of 10 trips.

We may have to make a few changes if some countries start to function before others I just checked Belavia (Belarus airlines) and they are still flying to Minsk which at present has few cases.

Belarus could become a really good place for RL plenty of good strong young lads who love sport and the government sports ministry is very supportive.

On 25/03/2020 at 07:29, gnidir said:

Lock down has me bored already 

Jamaica-clubs1.png

Jamaica-clubs.png

I like the first one but include the rugby ball too,maybe a small one to set it off and eyes in the goat. hope it all works and we have some away days/weekends for a couple a games.:kolobok_popcorm1:

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Now thats a thought Ian:) I just hope everything clears up by October when we have planned the first of 10 trips.

We may have to make a few changes if some countries start to function before others I just checked Belavia (Belarus airlines) and they are still flying to Minsk which at present has few cases.

Belarus could become a really good place for RL plenty of good strong young lads who love sport and the government sports ministry is very supportive.

Didn’t rugby league in Belarus take its first baby steps a year or so ago? Am I right in saying that?

Your plans sound amazing mate 

Hi Welsh Magpie,

YES they did a nines comp but all seems to have gone quiet since then.

MINSK is an amazing city little or no crime very clean and great sports facilities and Belarusians are very nice people (Totally different to Russians) the difference between the 2 countries is staggering mainly because Belarus has no oligarchs as there was nothing to steal when the Soviet Union broke up NO OIL/GAS/MINERALS just trees:)

Gradually over the last 7/8 years its totally opened up Minsk is booming when I was last there 7 weeks ago I met a guy from MasterCard USA who were opening up an office there.The digital economy is where its at my wife has 2 large clients there WARGAMING huge (World of Tanks) its a place totally ignored by everyone and has great potential for Rugby League at a decent level.

Paul

Archived