Thur 28 May: NRL: Brisbane Broncos v Parramatta Eels (Sky TV 10.55am)

Enjoyable game and great to have something to watch! Adding crowd sounds makes a bug difference. I watched Dortmund v Bayern the other day and the added sounds made it a much better watch than the Bundesliga games I'd watched earlier. It feels like the cameras are trying to maintain an angle that doesn't show too much of the stands too which is a good if I haven't just imagined it!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Enjoyable game and great to have something to watch! Adding crowd sounds makes a bug difference. I watched Dortmund v Bayern the other day and the added sounds made it a much better watch than the Bundesliga games I'd watched earlier. It feels like the cameras are trying to maintain an angle that doesn't show too much of the stands too which is a good if I haven't just imagined it!

At first when I heard the background dubbed crowd noise I thought it was a little corny but it works as long as they keep it low....I had the same feelings about the soccer games as you.

Then it dawned on me...the empty seats with a few promos for beer....: "Why not have a full cutout of Webb Ellis at midfield about 10 rows up?"....there he is ..old Web Ellis watching Rugby League...now that would be a nice touch to get into the cameras!

31 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I tried watching some Bundesliga last weekend, but without crowd noise, I couldn't get into it. I think what Fox did for today's game has a lot going for it. It just takes the edge off that sensation that you're watching a game in an echo chamber. It'll be interesting to see if other sports follow suit.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I tried watching some Bundesliga last weekend, but without crowd noise, I couldn't get into it. I think what Fox did for today's game has a lot going for it. It just takes the edge off that sensation that you're watching a game in an echo chamber. It'll be interesting to see if other sports follow suit.

There were a few times when it was dubbed at too high of a volume and seemed corny like one of those gameshows...it worked well but they need to keep it low and in the background.

9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Vossy’s commentary certainly helps ! And I really hope Trump and Boris really were watching ... keep them out of mischief for a couple of hours 

16 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The Dortmund v Bayern game was very good though. They must have had someone playing different sounds to match what was happening e.g. there was whistling when Neuer held the ball too long. Actually felt like there was an atmosphere which as a TV viewer was all that was missing. It worked on the NRL too, I thought they did a good job.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 hours ago, Allora said:

I can not stand  “Vossy”

He has no connection to the game.

I get that his style can make him a bit marmite but personally I think he is very engaging and I imagine that especially for the more casual or newer viewer it would be far more likely to get them to tune in again than a more matter of fact play by play description of the game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived