Derek Beaumont accuses delay tactics being set to prevent Championship return

58 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Haha Spellcheck.

I think we are at cross purposes. For some reason Harry was arguing that if we didn't relegate someone from SL  we couldn't crown an SL champion. 

We can have champions of all divisions, we don't have to promote or relegate anyone.

I didn't say that at all Scotchy,  what I was saying was that if in a truncated season where fixtures are reduced from it's original concept the same should apply to either end of the division, if the 'new' season is deemed of sufficient number to play for a Champion via a GF then it should be of sufficient quantity to relegate a club, nothing at all to do with what you consider ethical values of a relegating a club.

If any kind of season was to go ahead, would you be carrying over the points already won and lost by each club?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Griff said:

In fact, it could be argued that there's a better case for relegation, bearing in mind that the loop fixtures look likely to be dropped.

Then that would be a 'proper' League table, it wouldn't require a GF the League Leaders would be the Champions having every club playing every other team the same number of times without any additional fixtures like the 'Magic Weekend' upsetting the equilibrium, I am useually averse to qouting other sports but it would be the same scenario as the Premier League, and the bottom club would actually be the last in the table on actual merit.

26 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Which is a silly and preposterous argument.

We are perfectly capable of crowning a champion and not relegating anyone. It's a perfectly reasonable outcome

We know what you keep repeating.

Will you be carrying over the points already won and lost?

37 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Which is a silly and preposterous argument.

We are perfectly capable of crowning a champion and not relegating anyone. It's a perfectly reasonable outcome

Ah - so we're not talking about promotion.

Just crowning a Champion.

Yes, I'm sure we can manage that.  If you can get enough clubs to play.  Which may be your major obstacle.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

We know what you keep repeating.

Will you be carrying over the points already won and lost?

That is the stated intention by the governing body for SL Harry, that's why each of the three restart proposals put forward for SL included the games that had been postponed prior to the season suspension being played in the two weeks prior to the full restart so that all teams would have played 7 by the point at which the season would resume.

It may have escaped the notice of those who think they can make a profit as a business out of the furlough. In that one iof the ways in which the Government will claw athe money back is through HMRC auditing furlough payments looking for furlough fraud  https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/government-gives-companies-30-days-18425537

Could we soon be seeing TRL Headlimes such as "Scutterton Scorpions face HMRC winding up order following a hefty fine".I

I think there is a rather big case for all clubs to be wanting to get back on the field in a meanigful competition.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

16 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

That's not an answer to the question.

Leigh being promoted may be the be all and end all for you. But there are 36 other clubs in the structure.

The format that comes back will be the deciding factor in whether or not previous results are counted. Not the obsession of a few empty vessel Leigh fans.

Wow, your obsession list is far greater than the combined hopes of the Leigh fans, ours is centered on one club, you have happily told us previously that nothing below SL matters, no promotion and no funding should be made available, which would affect 25 clubs.

43 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wow, your obsession list is far greater than the combined hopes of the Leigh fans, ours is centered on one club, you have happily told us previously that nothing below SL matters, no promotion and no funding should be made available, which would affect 25 clubs.

Who is the self-centred one, nob head.

Harry , the ignore button is your friend 

Archived