Derek Beaumont accuses delay tactics being set to prevent Championship return

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

22 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

It does say: "The final matter of the signing rests on the 2020 season starting again, with the inclusion of promotion to the Super League... 

But you're right, it does seem an awful lot of effort to arrange and announce if you genuinely have no idea if the season will resume. They must be hopeful.

How many other full-time players do Fev have? (Excluding Dr players and loans) 

18 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

How many other full-time players do Fev have? (Excluding Dr players and loans) 

No idea. It also depends on how you define "full-time", as there have been PT players employed by the club in community roles for a number of years, meaning they are solely employed by Featherstone Rovers...

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 13/06/2020 at 05:46, Blind side johnny said:

You are being evasive. In order for any sanctions, such as forfeiting a game, to be applied the clubs as a whole (not just a few of them) would neeed to agree. I contend that they wouldn't.

I can’t think of any club that would be unhappy at being given the option to do what they want

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

16 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

No idea. It also depends on how you define "full-time", as there have been PT players employed by the club in community roles for a number of years, meaning they are solely employed by Featherstone Rovers...

Yes, and also I suspect there are a few players around in the Championship for whom the phrase "full-time" really means "reasonably paid and don't have another job", rather than training at the club on a daily basis.

17 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes, and also I suspect there are a few players around in the Championship for whom the phrase "full-time" really means "reasonably paid and don't have another job", rather than training at the club on a daily basis.

Brett Ferres for example 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

5 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Without promotion or relegation it is pointless to restart .Why would you risk players getting injured,and if it just for members tickets already sold i am sure most supporters would write this season off after all it is not the Clubs fault.

Its not pointless

We are rugby fans. We want to see games and it is October there will be fans

Also stick a trophy on it and there will be a point to playing 

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Brett Ferres for example 

Rich Moore in his time with us was one that sprung to mind. That's assuming fishing wasn't his full time job. ????

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Rumours are now circulating of an October restart with clubs playing just nine matches and with no P&R. That would be popular don't you think?

Pointless 

44 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Pointless 

Why? If it's deemed safe to play and attend in limited numbers, and the clubs can make that work financially, then why not play a self contained completion for the RFL Championship. Some people will be delighted to be able to support their team in any way after the last few months of awfulness. 

Just now, Toby Chopra said:

Why? If it's deemed safe to play and attend in limited numbers, and the clubs can make that work financially, then why not play a self contained completion for the RFL Championship. Some people will be delighted to be able to support their team in any way after the last few months of awfulness. 

Limited numbers ? , As I've put before , I'd prefer them to just start next season earlier

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Limited numbers ? , As I've put before , I'd prefer them to just start next season earlier

Thats was my thinking too, but I now think they should be looking to run next season as a normal one at the normal time, just do everything possible to not impact on it. To that end there should be a new tournament(s) ran as festivals, get the fans back into the clubs. Maybe have a huge knockout cup involving a free draw, perhaps more a multi league thing with small groups leading into a knock out competition. I dont know whats the best way but I do think they should be looking at whatever impacts on next season the least.

As blind side johnny says Beaumont is the only chairman outside of sooperdooperleague who argues against the unfairness of funding in our sport. Sooperdooperleague couldn't give a damn about the rest. Their only concern is self.

13 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Imagine having such disdain for championship clubs that winning a competition of championship clubs is pointless.

Of course winning the championship is enough of a reason to play it.

If a truncated version of SL is resumed would you still expect it to have a Grand Final? 

20 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Yes. 

A truncated championship without P+R could also have a grand final if that's what they wanted.

I would never have thought in a million years that would be your answer?

Have the SL in the two divisions that operate in that league, being the one's who will be vying for winning a GF and the one's trying to stave of relegation, not invested in the player's they deem of sufficient quality to reach their goals, the only answer to that is yes, sohow does that differ from the Championship clubs the to have ambitions.

But otherwise please explain, how can in a trucated season can a team qualify for a GF if they don't play everyother team, but you can stop relegation for the same purpose?

40 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

What an utterly moronic question.

In the NFL they dont play each other an equal amount of times, some they ay twice, some once, some none. They finish with a grand final.

That we have a grand final has literally no relation to how many times each team plays each other in the regular season.

OK fair comment, so why is it deemed unfair to not have relegation?

And so it should still be OK to promote a club from thise who desire to play for promotion.

14 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Explain how they are different? Those differences seem pretty obvious dont they?

Honestly, it's utterly ridiculous to argue that crowing champions and relegating a side arent obviously and fundamentally different 

Off course they are, but your argument is that in a truncated season it is OK to play a GF and award the ulitmate prize in SL, but in the same truncated fixtures relegation shouldn't be allowed and neither should the prize of being promoted from the Championship, you really have no explanation it just suits your thought process doesn't it.

43 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Because of the obvious differences between them.

If you accept they are different, which you clearly do, then its silly to argue that they should be treated the same. 

Your argument here is preposterous. Its honestly just pathetic. It would be unfair to relegate a club when the season has fundamentally changed. There are significant negatives affects to a club to relegation that are long lasting. That is entirely different to, and indepentant of any decision around awarding a trophy. It is silly and self-serving to conflate the two. 

I don't think they're different at all.  The argument is that a club's final position is - or may be - undeserved because a full season hasn't been played. Same for relegation as promotion.

In fact, it could be argued that there's a better case for relegation, bearing in mind that the loop fixtures look likely to be dropped.

This is just another manifestation of the old debate about we all like promotion but nobody wants relegation.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

They are obviously different. It's silly to pretend they aren't.

Well, you're entitled to your view, with which I respectfully disagree.  One's good and one's bad but they are necessarily corollaries of one another.

Still, unless the RFL decides the Div 2 and 3 championships on five and three games respectively, I suspect that it will remain a moot point.

Just now, scotchy1 said:

They arent necessary corollaries of one another at all.

It's perfectly possible and happens regularly that a team will be crowned champions and there will be no relegation. There is no link between them at all. 

OK - if you say so. I'm looking forward to going back to one division.

7 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

It's self evident. I'm honestly lost as to why you think crowing a champion also means we have to relegate someone?

I'm lost as to why you keep saying crowing.

Where do we stop promoting but not relegating ?  Thirteen ?  Fourteen ?  Twenty ?  Thirty seven ?

There'll be no season outside $uperleague.  Just accept it.

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

We can have champions of all divisions, we don't have to promote or relegate anyone.

Five games is not going to be enough.

How many teams there will be in the future will depend on the new tv deal  I have a feeling there will be more teams in the Championship going part time, and some League 1 teams dropping out. Clubs should be realistic forget egos and spend what they can afford that includes S/L. It won't happen tho.

Archived