Central American RL social media

2 hours ago, langpark said:

Well done! So does Rugby League gets its own federation now? That is a massive game changer if so. 

So this is step 1 to get a federation. Basically they need 3 departmental associations (states) and then an overarching Nicaraguan Federation can be formed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

new rise.jpg

2 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

In what way ridiculous mate? Easy or hard?

So hard. Mainly through corruption I believe. There's always another step that requires payment. This has been in the pipeline since 2019. This also has to be done two more times to be able to establish a Federation...

• Like 1

new rise.jpg

10 hours ago, Pulga said:

So hard. Mainly through corruption I believe. There's always another step that requires payment. This has been in the pipeline since 2019. This also has to be done two more times to be able to establish a Federation...

It’s surprising that rugby Union hasn’t got a greater presence there then, given their ‘values’

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, langpark said:

I'm a bit confused. Is that the Chile flag and also the new Canadian League logo, both on a Nicaragua shirt?

The Chilean flag is incorporated into GMA's logo. It's a travel company owned by a Chilean. Just to add to the flavour he also sits on the El Salvador Rugby League committee. Haha!

The CCRL is the Central American Confederation Rugby League. It's a body to furthur Central American interests and to eventually keep Central America's 7 nations voting in a block. 

• Like 2

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, Pulga said:

The Chilean flag is incorporated into GMA's logo. It's a travel company owned by a Chilean. Just to add to the flavour he also sits on the El Salvador Rugby League committee. Haha!

The CCRL is the Central American Confederation Rugby League. It's a body to furthur Central American interests and to eventually keep Central America's 7 nations voting in a block. 

My mistake, I got it confused with that new Canadian League that is starting up.

Has CCRL been in touch with IRL?  Because they are in the process of setting up an Americas Confederation.  Hopefully everyone can join forces and work together for a positive outcome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, langpark said:

My mistake, I got it confused with that new Canadian League that is starting up.

Has CCRL been in touch with IRL?  Because they are in the process of setting up an Americas Confederation.  Hopefully everyone can join forces and work together for a positive outcome.

The IRL know of the CCRL but it's not really something that will ever be recognised. It's more a voluntary group of nations working together. I was originally in the working group for the Americas Federation but I've asked to be removed. I have no time for it and don't really see how it would benefit Central America. 

new rise.jpg

8 hours ago, Pulga said:

3 out of 4 jerseys have been released.

This one`s quite mesmerising. Originally I was looking at it 3-dimensionally, so it appeared as a series of superimposed geometric silhouettes. And the "Chasing Kangaroos" black V in the middle as two sides of a cube. Put me a bit in mind of the Kaaba. Took a while to notice those streaks of aqua.

Good on C.K. for their sponsorship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pulga said:

The IRL know of the CCRL but it's not really something that will ever be recognised. It's more a voluntary group of nations working together. I was originally in the working group for the Americas Federation but I've asked to be removed. I have no time for it and don't really see how it would benefit Central America. 

Right, so going back to the part where you say you want 7 nations voting as a block, what do you mean? Where are they voting? On IRL issues?

9 hours ago, langpark said:

Right, so going back to the part where you say you want 7 nations voting as a block, what do you mean? Where are they voting? On IRL issues?

Bingo. And RLE/Americas Federation issues when/if it ever comes about.

new rise.jpg

30 minutes ago, Pulga said:

Bingo. And RLE/Americas Federation issues when/if it ever comes about.

Right, so the federation(s) that you don't want a bar of, you simultaneously want to be there voting?  How does that work?

Also, you talk about 7 central american nations voting, I checked the IRL members list, I cannot see a single central american nation there, let alone 7... https://www.intrl.sport/member-nations/

Edited by langpark

2 hours ago, langpark said:

Right, so the federation(s) that you don't want a bar of, you simultaneously want to be there voting?  How does that work?

Also, you talk about 7 central american nations voting, I checked the IRL members list, I cannot see a single central american nation there, let alone 7... https://www.intrl.sport/member-nations/

Those two questions kind of answer each other. At the moment there is no real benefit for us coming from the IRL or RLE because nobody qualifies for membership. 

Multiple Central American nations are developing so that they can become members. At least two will be members this year. Membership also doesn't guarantee you any real benefits. 

new rise.jpg

3 hours ago, Pulga said:

Those two questions kind of answer each other. At the moment there is no real benefit for us coming from the IRL or RLE because nobody qualifies for membership. 

Multiple Central American nations are developing so that they can become members. At least two will be members this year. Membership also doesn't guarantee you any real benefits. 

Great news again Pulga, from Central America. I offer great encouragement to all those involved in this exciting development. I hope it can continue to grow and become a force to be reckoned with in world Rugby League.

As an aside, I saw on one of the twitter feeds, that good things are happening in California too. What an exciting future the America's has in our great game. 

• Thanks 1

On 21/03/2021 at 06:39, Pulga said:

Last jersey to be released for the Chinandega Nines!

Who are you backing?

I like this one, it’s got a touch of the Borussia Dortmund about it, and the Monseraptors is the coolest name too. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Thanks 1