Addin Fonua-Blake

Just now, Dunbar said:

Most Rugby League fans like the respect that the players used to show to referees. I'm not sure punishing players for swearing at a ref and calling him a retard and a spastic is a fad.... it seems to me to have been pretty consistent for the last 125 years.

Agree completely , and what he has done is wrong and should be punished , However I just hope he is not subjected to some of the hung draw and quarter type of punishments suggested to many recently . He’s done wrong educate him and Allie him to understand his error and come back a better person .  

5 minutes ago, Poower Lad said:

Agree completely , and what he has done is wrong and should be punished , However I just hope he is not subjected to some of the hung draw and quarter type of punishments suggested to many recently . He’s done wrong educate him and Allie him to understand his error and come back a better person .  

To be fair mate, his recent press release did not convey the right messages and if I had been his coach, I would have prevented it being released.

Either way, the NRL judiciary will deal with it. 

On 07/07/2020 at 11:58, The Rocket said:

This is the first time this type of offence has occured or at least gone public. I think a very clear line has been drawn in the sand that this is not on, because it may normalise  this sort of name calling. Therefore I don`t think an extended ban is going to prove anything , but if it happens again after this very public condemnation,  throw the book at them. Give him 2 weeks.

Do you know Harbord?

Yes, i spent some time there in the 80's and met a real rugby league character there, an ex-player (like all of us) and he was a RL journalist. He was a mate of ex-kangaroo hooker Fred Jones. His name was Graeme ''Zombie'' Knox. Just had a crazy brain storm that you might have heard of / met him down life's road? 

He died in the last month. 

The outcome 
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/10/addin-fonua-blake-statement/?utm_source=NRLFBContent&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles player Addin Fonua-Blake will be a volunteer referee in wheelchair rugby league and pay a $20,000 fine for use by a wheelchair rugby league club for breaching the National Rugby League’s (NRL) Anti-Vilification Code.

2 hours ago, Copa said:

The outcome 
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/10/addin-fonua-blake-statement/?utm_source=NRLFBContent&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles player Addin Fonua-Blake will be a volunteer referee in wheelchair rugby league and pay a $20,000 fine for use by a wheelchair rugby league club for breaching the National Rugby League’s (NRL) Anti-Vilification Code.

Superb 👏🏼

2 hours ago, Copa said:

The outcome 

Still only two matches! 

In fairness to the NRL, that’s a progressive, dare I say almost impressive sanction.

And with abuse of referees now a mandatory referral to the judiciary, there’s plenty of good to come from this. 

9 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Still only two matches! 

In fairness to the NRL, that’s a progressive, dare I say almost impressive sanction.

And with abuse of referees now a mandatory referral to the judiciary, there’s plenty of good to come from this. 

He will essentially be buying new wheelchairs for the club and then refereeing them. I think it’s a great outcome.

18 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Yes, i spent some time there in the 80's and met a real rugby league character there, an ex-player (like all of us) and he was a RL journalist. He was a mate of ex-kangaroo hooker Fred Jones. His name was Graeme ''Zombie'' Knox. Just had a crazy brain storm that you might have heard of / met him down life's road? 

He died in the last month. 

No I haven`t and I am a bit surprised ,cause you sort of get to know all the League media people ,especially when you read as much League news as I do. I remember going to a pub out that way in the 80`s and Alan Thompson was there and a mate of mine -mad manly fan-  was beside himself reminiscing about Igor Randall and Wombat Eadie etc.

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

No I haven`t and I am a bit surprised ,cause you sort of get to know all the League media people ,especially when you read as much League news as I do. I remember going to a pub out that way in the 80`s and Alan Thompson was there and a mate of mine -mad manly fan-  was beside himself reminiscing about Igor Randall and Wombat Eadie etc.

I met Randall ''crazy horse''' and watched Manly training and of course, Graeme Eadie played for Halifax. Tremendous players. Can you remember Fred Jones?

32 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I met Randall ''crazy horse''' and watched Manly training and of course, Graeme Eadie played for Halifax. Tremendous players. Can you remember Fred Jones?

I don`t remember him playing but I certainly know the name. He must have been hooker before Max Krilich, another Test rake and Australian Captain. I can remember when they had Ray Brown in reserve grade and he was a Test rake as well. People are saying Tom Trybovic is their best ever fullback, they seem to forget about how good Eadie was, but gee they have produced some great no.1`s  ,Mathew Ridge, Brett Stewart  Randall was known for his ferocious tackling, never heard called "crazy horse" always was Igor. All great memories..

Archived