If

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

I can see why they were rejected if these were your ideas. 

Never got that far Bob , if they had taken on the merchandising idea I'm fairly confident they'd all be drawing in an extra six figure sum every year by now 

25 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Basically , yes , it's what I would want to see to continue supporting my club in a licencing/franchising situation 

Some of the ideas I suggested last time ( on working collectively for mutual benefit ) 

I really don't see a rival competition that openly is semi pro working mate. 

I think the mutual working together stuff you've proposed before, kits etc., could be really good. Indeed it would be beneficial even at Super League level. Just as long as the kits weren't rubbish haha!

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I really don't see a rival competition that openly is semi pro working mate. 

I think the mutual working together stuff you've proposed before, kits etc., could be really good. Indeed it would be beneficial even at Super League level. Just as long as the kits weren't rubbish haha!

I'd rather die on my feet Tommy 

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Weren't you just saying people would have to change their perspectives a lot to have your idea work??

Certainly were 

Hence my reference to Oliver Twist , I'd dare to ask for more , others may be happy with the one bowl of gruel and piece of mouldy bread 

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So it's wrong to blacklist a player ? , But not a team ? , 🤔

Yes, and if you don't understand why I am genuinely surprised.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So players can improve themselves and test themselves at a higher level , but only singularily , not collectively ?

A team and a club are quite different, as I am sure you do understand really.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Certainly were 

Hence my reference to Oliver Twist , I'd dare to ask for more , others may be happy with the one bowl of gruel and piece of mouldy bread 

Ah yes, and depend upon a rich benefactor making everything alright.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

Ah yes, and depend upon a rich benefactor making everything alright.

No , go out there and make your fortune , have faith in yourself 

" Somebody said " Edgar Guest 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No , go out there and make your fortune , have faith in yourself 

" Somebody said " Edgar Guest 

Bouncing around again Gubs - you start by quoting Oliver Twist begging for our sympathy, then suddenly switch authors.

Deus ex machina.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

Bouncing around again Gubs - you start by quoting Oliver Twist begging for our sympathy, then suddenly switch authors.

Deus ex machina.

No I wasn't begging for sympathy , I wasn't accepting crumbs from the table , that is what the offer will be , unfortunately too many others will , they won't have the confidence in themselves to make something better 

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

We do see a closed shop again , what do the various different fans see the lower tiers looking like if it comes about ?

Personally this is what I would want to happen 

A lower tier CEO appointed by the clubs ( I'd happily do it ) a la Elstone 

A complete break from all things SL

No signing of any SL players over the age of 20 , 

No SL coaches moving down to Championship 1 or 2 , 

All Championship players tied into the Championships for 10 years ,

The British Championships to contest the RL Challenge Cup ,

All the Championship Clubs to set up player pathways via the community clubs ,

No Championship players or coaches to move up to SL without serious financial compensation 

As long as people can pay half a crown to get in, smoke as many woodbines as they like and buy a pint of bitter for 2 and 4 then I think a lot would be happy 😊

9 minutes ago, meast said:

As long as people can pay half a crown to get in, smoke as many woodbines as they like and buy a pint of bitter for 2 and 4 then I think a lot would be happy 😊

Not impressed meast ? 😉

These fantasies get trotted out on Fev pages quite a lot and there are some basic problems with them. I get the feeling of unfairness, it’s legitimate, especially for Fev and also for many other clubs. I still feel for Keighley who weren’t able to capitalize on their crest of a wave, who knows what they could have done.

unfortunately, the sad fact of the matter is that any breakaway would be suicide. It would be a demotion to amateur status. All the clubs know that, including the SL clubs, many of which would be in the same boat.

So, you have a situation where some want in and some are desperate to stay in. They all know what they are and that is why it’ll never happen. There are at best 6 professional clubs and about 15 semi pro clubs who are where they are due to circumstance and luck. Our sport is great but insignificant.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

3 hours ago, SL17 said:

Not sure about that. Change is required and this SL lark is killing the lower tiers along with the game. 

Most will again bow to the money in order to survive. That’s what needs change. An alternative another avenue a different pathway.

None of that works at present and will become even worse if things don’t change.

Totally agree, yet you've argued till you're blue in the face against change in the form of expansion teams. So it seems change is only ok if its on your terms.

On 02/08/2020 at 12:11, GUBRATS said:

I'm asking people ( not just you Tommy but thanks for the engagement 😀 ) what they would want the Lower tiers to look like ' IF ' ? 

I'd want them to go their own way completely , I'd even consider some radical rule changes and would alter the season timings 

Hi Gubs, if 'IF' becomes a reality I think it would knock the stuffing out of a lot of people including Owners and Fans, do you honestly believe that people would have the witherall, determination or impetus to push forward with an alternative competition in effect holding their hands up and settling for second best, I think our owner would be one of the first to jump in his vehicle and tell us I'm off I've done and if he had a spare seat I will jump in the car alongside him.

I am hoping that SKY will have a say in how they would like a structure that appeals to them, it seems no sense to me at all that a broadcaster would only want interest at one end of the division involving approx 6 clubs for a good portion of the season, especially after last season's very interesting and very watchable relegation battle, Sky also screened the Championship qualifiers and GF creating more content for the viewers, it just seems ludicrous to me if Sky don't insist on a format that best suits their needs after all they are paying for it, and it is not as though SL have any other options to consider.

Archived