• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it is raining on today's stage of the Giro, I hope Sunweb have place Nonnas along the route to dress their riders after yesterday's panic at the top of the climb, when the stage winner, and eventual Pink Jersey nearly crashed because the couldn't dress themselves in windcheaters. 

It was hilarious & scary at the same time, it was the only bit of the S4C commentary that I understood,   

Ooooh, hahaha. 

Ably assisted by super domestique Rohan Dennis, Geoghan Hart pulls off another superb effort in the mountains to win the stage and leave himself on the brink of winning the Giro. Not a bad situation for a bloke who thought he was coming to help Geraint Thomas win it.

All on today's final time trial in Milan.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, shaun mc said:

Thursdays stage on the Stelvio and yesterday were brilliant viewing

The racing's been great and I would have watched both just for the scenery.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

Stunning result.  Well done Tao.  :kolobok_clapping:

Apparently the first time Giro has been won by a rider not having previously worn pink in that same race.

I was totally unaware of that before today. Makes it all the more remarkable.

Really pleased for him. Seems like a good lad living his dream. Commiserations to Jai Hindley who also rode a fantastic race.

Superb Tao Ghaegon Hart, but when will the teams realise that if their number one rider has an accident/falls behind, there should be a plan B?

A second rider to lead the group, a second rider to take the lead? Giro & Vuelta Ineos plans have gone to pot this year, but they have pulled it around by letting the team free themselves out for themselves.

Maybe Team Leaders & Domesteques are past there tactical primes? 

23 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

Stunning result.  Well done Tao.  :kolobok_clapping:

Apparently the first time Giro has been won by a rider not having previously worn pink in that same race.

Just occurred to me that the Giro actually finished as Hindley crossed the line. You could argue that not only had TGH not worn the Rosa before winning the Giro but he still hasn't. Yes he wore it as winner when on the podium but the race had finished at that point. Good quiz question for the future perhaps.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

15 hours ago, corvusxiii said:

Just occurred to me that the Giro actually finished as Hindley crossed the line. You could argue that not only had TGH not worn the Rosa before winning the Giro but he still hasn't. Yes he wore it as winner when on the podium but the race had finished at that point. Good quiz question for the future perhaps.

Intriguing  and geeky!

On 26/10/2020 at 16:29, corvusxiii said:

Are you in a tier 3 lockdown area per chance 😀

17 hours ago, LEEDSLADGONE SOUTH said:

Are you in a tier 3 lockdown area per chance 😀

Been effectively a Tier 3 area since the end of the miners strike- sometime last century. Might not not overly good before then according to some.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

Roglic takes the overall lead in the Vuelta in slightly controversial circumstances triggering a good old fashioned rider protest at the start of today's stage.

He looks in great shape to defend his title.

On 31/10/2020 at 13:38, Ullman said:

Roglic takes the overall lead in the Vuelta in slightly controversial circumstances triggering a good old fashioned rider protest at the start of today's stage.

He looks in great shape to defend his title.

I have kept a vague eye on the Vuelta.  How cold it must have been in the mountains!

🚲  Hugh Carthy on for an fabulous 3rd place overall. :kolobok_clapping:

11 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

I have kept a vague eye on the Vuelta.  How cold it must have been in the mountains!

🚲  Hugh Carthy on for an fabulous 3rd place overall. :kolobok_clapping:

Been some most un-Vuelta like weather conditions. More reminiscent of the spring classics at times with low cloud thrown in on the mountains.

Yesterday's decisive stage was an outstanding race. Carapaz launched a really courageous effort to snatch the overall lead from Roglic but Roglic managed to dig deep and hang on. Pleased for him after his crushing disappointment at the Tour. It was great to see Hugh Carthy mixing it with riders of that ability. He's had a fantastic Vuelta.  

Archived