Non-Hummel England RL gear

Not sure what the current situation is with Hummel, but quite a bit of 'official but unbranded' England RL stuff has appeared on M & M Direct. They also still have a bit of GB stuff (search GB RL) though most of the training tops and singlets (when did a vest become a singlet?) are sold out now compared to a couple of months ago.

Lovell Rugby also still have the 2018 England shirts for £13. Don't bother with the GB shirts from there though as they're charging £40 whereas M & M are charging £20.

Will be interesting to know what happens with what would have been this year's England shirt and also what will be unveiled ahead of the World Cup (or even the proposed mid-2021 warm up game?)

A lot of suppliers will look to shift old stock to the likes of M+M at the end of, or coming towards the end of a season. TK Maxx is another where you will see a lot of sports product appear at the back end of a season.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

10 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

A lot of suppliers will look to shift old stock to the likes of M+M at the end of, or coming towards the end of a season. TK Maxx is another where you will see a lot of sports product appear at the back end of a season.

Not often RL gear ends up on there. If nothing else, people might stumble across the stuff who wouldn't have thought for a second of going through the RFL shop so we might get an unintended benefit from it. Must admit I ended up buying the full range of the GB training tops.

8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not sure what the current situation is with Hummel, but quite a bit of 'official but unbranded' England RL stuff has appeared on M & M Direct. They also still have a bit of GB stuff (search GB RL) though most of the training tops and singlets (when did a vest become a singlet?) are sold out now compared to a couple of months ago.

Lovell Rugby also still have the 2018 England shirts for £13. Don't bother with the GB shirts from there though as they're charging £40 whereas M & M are charging £20.

Will be interesting to know what happens with what would have been this year's England shirt and also what will be unveiled ahead of the World Cup (or even the proposed mid-2021 warm up game?)

Thanks for this spot Matt, bought myself a couple of England T-Shirts and a hoodie.

8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

My understanding is that Hummel provide the official England player gear, so playing, training and travel wear for the team. All of these are sold as replica versions with the Hummel branding.

England RL are free to arrange their own fan-wear, which is most of this stuff, so I suspect it's a clear out ahead of the new England RL store opening in September.

Wigan have the same arrangement with Hummel so I think it's standard for them.

Right, got myself an England shirt off Lovell, fantastic price, even with the £5 delivery its still only £18, and got myself an England t-shirt off M&M for £17, £5 delivery included. Can't really afford to spend too much money at the moment but you've gotta treat yourself occasionally haven't you? 

7 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Right, got myself an England shirt off Lovell, fantastic price, even with the £5 delivery its still only £18, and got myself an England t-shirt off M&M for £17, £5 delivery included. Can't really afford to spend too much money at the moment but you've gotta treat yourself occasionally haven't you? 

You’ve done yourself a favour there. I have the annual £9.99 free delivery with M&M so I’m always on there. Costs me a fortune  🤣

I wont be using M&M again, I received a package just a little while ago and thought fantastic! I open it and find it is the wrong thing inside! So I've had to send off an email because you cant ring them cos of Covid and I'm gonna have to send that back and they don't offer a free returns service either so what a waste of ###### money! Useless morons!!

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I wont be using M&M again, I received a package just a little while ago and thought fantastic! I open it and find it is the wrong thing inside! So I've had to send off an email because you cant ring them cos of Covid and I'm gonna have to send that back and they don't offer a free returns service either so what a waste of ###### money! Useless morons!!

No such problems when using annual delivery 😉

(In all seriousness I do tend to hear of such stories but - famous last words - I've never had any bother)

29 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

No such problems when using annual delivery 😉

(In all seriousness I do tend to hear of such stories but - famous last words - I've never had any bother)

After a few emails being exchanged it looks like they are sending my order out again, hopefully right this time, and they've sent me a discount code which means I can return the incorrect thing for free, or at least that's what it looks like, so that is something at least. Not gonna send the thing back before the correct thing arrives though.

Just now, An Coats said:

What about the national team, Great Britain Lions? New strip coming out?

New England shop scheduled to open next month.

I suspect there won't be any more GB games for a few years so that will mean no new strip.

Never had any issues with MandMdirect.

I think all the England leisurewear on there is made by Hummel too and just not branded up.

There's been lots of leftover stock of pretty much everything Hummel did even the nines kit was on sale at MandM in some sizes for a short while. My guess is RFL have probably done a new deal with someone else (maybe Kappa who are doing all the generic merchandise for the World Cup)

The Hummel deal doesn't look to have been much of a success in terms of sales so maybe they are concentrating on football where they have just landed some big teams.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

3 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

I think all the England leisurewear on there is made by Hummel too and just not branded up.

There's been lots of leftover stock of pretty much everything Hummel did even the nines kit was on sale at MandM in some sizes for a short while. My guess is RFL have probably done a new deal with someone else (maybe Kappa who are doing all the generic merchandise for the World Cup)

The Hummel deal doesn't look to have been much of a success in terms of sales so maybe they are concentrating on football where they have just landed some big teams.

TBF hummel are still doing the RFL referees stuff but perhaps a new deal is in the pipeline. Do you know how long the hummel deal was for initially? From what I gather the RLWC team and the RFL are mutual but distinct entities.

Might be a long shot but Union are going with umbro who could be interested in manufacturing for the RL team too.

3 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Well it's hardly going to be a roaring success when we don't play any games, let alone any home games

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Well it's hardly going to be a roaring success when we don't play any games, let alone any home games

Doesn't help that you don't seem to be able to buy the stuff in any shops. Hull has one of the biggest sportsdirect stores in the country, 5 floors, every sport known to human and alien kind offered, some of the most random football shirts ever (who in hull is buying a Colombia shirt for example?) tons of union shirts and not one single RL product of any kind, in one of the biggest RL cities in the world. I've always said at the very least can England stuff not be sold in club shops? The Hull shops sell loads of NRL stuff so can't some sort of deal be done to sell the national teams shirts? A lot of people don't like buying clothes online cos they like to actually try stuff on and have a proper look of it which I think is fair enough when you're thinking of spending £50 on a single garment, a lot of people don't like to buy stuff online at all. I don't really know why the newest shirts haven't been in sports shops, I remember buying the one from around 2013 I think it was in sportsdirect but haven't seen an England shirt in there since and funnily enough that was the last International shirt I got before the one from lovell the other day and I will say the only reason I bought the one from lovell is because of the discount on it. If I had seen it in the shop when it first came out I would have bought it then for definite cos it is a really nice shirt. 

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Doesn't help that you don't seem to be able to buy the stuff in any shops. Hull has one of the biggest sportsdirect stores in the country, 5 floors, every sport known to human and alien kind offered, some of the most random football shirts ever (who in hull is buying a Colombia shirt for example?) tons of union shirts and not one single RL product of any kind, in one of the biggest RL cities in the world. I've always said at the very least can England stuff not be sold in club shops? The Hull shops sell loads of NRL stuff so can't some sort of deal be done to sell the national teams shirts? A lot of people don't like buying clothes online cos they like to actually try stuff on and have a proper look of it which I think is fair enough when you're thinking of spending £50 on a single garment, a lot of people don't like to buy stuff online at all. I don't really know why the newest shirts haven't been in sports shops, I remember buying the one from around 2013 I think it was in sportsdirect but haven't seen an England shirt in there since and funnily enough that was the last International shirt I got before the one from lovell the other day and I will say the only reason I bought the one from lovell is because of the discount on it. If I had seen it in the shop when it first came out I would have bought it then for definite cos it is a really nice shirt. 

England attire not being in club shops is one of my biggest bugbears and one i've raised numerous times before. As you say, they sell NRL gear, so why not England? The lack of collaboration is poor all round............but then England matches/attire has always been an afterthought

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

TBF hummel are still doing the RFL referees stuff but perhaps a new deal is in the pipeline. Do you know how long the hummel deal was for initially? From what I gather the RLWC team and the RFL are mutual but distinct entities.

Might be a long shot but Union are going with umbro who could be interested in manufacturing for the RL team too.

I think hummel have a 4 year deal with the RFL and we are 2 years in, so they will supply the RLWC2021 kit.

Archived