NRL Match Thread Round 20

Graham

Souths have been excellent today. That last try just about sums up their performance today. And they probably should have had two more tries..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well who saw that coming.

Walker 14, A. Johnston 18, A. Johnston 30, C. Graham 32, C. Allan 50, C. Walker 60, C. Murray 70, A. Johnston 73, A. Johnston 75, A. Johnston 78 Tries J. Morris 4, D. Tupou 57
A. Reynolds 15, A. Reynolds 20, A. Reynolds 31, A. Reynolds 34, A. Reynolds 52, A. Reynolds 62, A. Reynolds 74, A. Reynolds 77 Conversions  
A. Reynolds 39, A. Reynolds 80

Graham you`re a smart bloke. Parra will beat Tigers and jump the Roosters. Raiders would have to win by 130 to pass the Roosters therefore will remain in 5th.

You tell me that the Roosters wouldn`t prefer to play a potentially nervous Panthers than a red hot Storm in Brisbane. They will more than happy for the Eels to play the Storm. Brad Arthur won`t be happy with this result. And if Eels lose they are out of the 4 so they have to win.

I`m not saying the Roosters meant to lose by that much, I think that it all probably got a bit out of hand. Robinson wouldn`t have been saying to lose, but the players would have been aware of the fact that it wouldn`t have been the end of the world if they lost.

There are others who reckon this result will work in favour of the Roosters with the finals draw too. The manner of their losing though does set the alarm bells ringing. Roosters before this looked indomitable and in a great position to sweep all before them in the finals. While this might give them a better draw possibly, it’s not a good way to enter the finals. 
It’d be daft to write them off but it’s not a good look.

No team has ever won the competition after conceding 50 points or more in a game that same season, while the Rabbitohs scored the most points and tries ever against the Roosters. 

It’s fair to give Rabbits the full measure of admiration for their performance today.

Wow . Excellent performance by the Titans against a lacklustre Knights . AJ Brimson quickly becoming one of my fave players . Good job by Justin there with much more to come . As for Souths , they took the Roosters to the cleaners , back home again then back to the cleaners . Incredible . Cody Walker is going as well as anyone in the game , he can take them deep into the finals . Very strange from a Robinson Roosters side , could that poke the hornets nest though ? And hopefully someone above him has a word with the touchjudge trying to squash the moment of Johnston’s award winning last try by wanting it checking when you could have built a house on the grass between him and the touchline and they were winning by 50 . And I’m sure I saw Wayne smile or maybe it was just wind 

As a 50 year old, I think its about 34 years since I said I have a favourite player but I have one now... Cody Walker is a wonderful player to watch play Rugby League.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

As a 50 year old, I think its about 34 years since I said I have a favourite player but I have one now... Cody Walker is a wonderful player to watch play Rugby League.

He’s been allowed to just play , wherever and whatever he sees . He’s on fire 🔥 

Just caught up with the Souths Roosters game.

Absolutely unbelievable game.  The Roosters started the game full on, every pass stuck and they were punishing in defence.  If you told me that one of those two teams would win by 50 after the first 10 minutes I would have said 100% it would be the Roosters.  Then Souths caught on fire and it could have been more as they had three tries struck off by the video ref.

It does make you wonder what would have happened if the Roosters score at 4-0 had been given and gone 8 or 10 up.   Again it shows how much Rugby League is a momentum sport.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I love AJ Brimson . He’s moving high up my list of favourite players . And he’s got initials rather than a real name so he’s doubly cool 

Yes I hope that’s his full name. He sounds like an intellectual, author or historian who just happens to be another brilliant Aussie full back.

Archived