People who are alive but you thought they had died

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Petula Clark - 91 today!

That means that only say, 30 years ago, Pet Clarke was actually only 61. But for whatever reason, I regarded her as really old since the late 60's/early 70's. I had her in the same sort of category as Vera Lynne or the Andrews Sisters or something. Which is possibly just me but shows how your misconceptions can be very strong. 

Edited by The Masked Poster

11 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Petula Clark - 91 today!

And was still recording new music until about five years ago.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Petula Clark - 91 today!

I hope she celebrated her 91st by forgetting all her troubles and cares and going dow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Near to getting reported lol.

why? cos I said she might go downtown for a night out to celebrate? mmmmm- really don't get that post at all

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Michael Aspel, 91 today!

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy 82nd birthday to Carol Cleveland.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Galloping Gourmet Graham Kerr, 90 today.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

after watching an episode of bullseye- trying to find out if player Lionel Smith is still alive?- born in 1928 would make him pretty old but can find no reports of his passing

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

after watching an episode of bullseye- trying to find out if player Lionel Smith is still alive?- born in 1928 would make him pretty old but can find no reports of his passing

There are plenty of entries for him on various websites, and none of them give a death date. You'd assume that at least someone from the Darts community might have heard something. Even IMDB have just a DOB for him, and they are usually a pretty good source.

The guy kept playing at county level 'til his mid-Seventies. Maybe he really does have staying power?

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yoko Ono, 91 today. I follow her on Twitter because although she's quite adorably mad, she's always positive and good-hearted.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 1 month later...

There is one person alive who can claim to have been a silent film star. image.png.b8754db7d9b4370112209bd680eee89f.png

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)