Bye Bye Toronto

ernieone

On 04/11/2020 at 18:52, Blind side johnny said:

I hear that whoever gets invited will only be offered £1M of TV money.

The interesting feature is that it is the SL that is offering a place in their league, on application,  yet the decisions about who is or isn't eligible for promotion theoretically lies with the RFL.

I would think the 'lucky' club has already been chosen. 

3 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

It certainly looks like the clubs didn't want a well funded club that could challenge and compete, it looks like they just want to recruit a whipping boy, to help them to stave off relegation for another year. 

But,if they were that well funded wouldent they still be here,?

Were has this information come from about the million pound share is it fact or just another RL rumour?. 

I agree with you Ainley that the preference has already been debated by the Super League clubs and I can safely bet Batley will not have been in the frame.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

4 hours ago, ernieone said:

Were has this information come from about the million pound share is it fact or just another RL rumour?. 

I agree with you Ainley that the preference has already been debated by the Super League clubs and I can safely bet Batley will not have been in the frame.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/promoted-super-league-club-set-22961338

There are a few other sources too Ernie, it looks like a poisoned chalice, if ever there was one.  😉

8 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

I would think the 'lucky' club has already been chosen. 

Interested clubs have been invited to apply and their applications will be considered by an "independent" panel.

Maybe Kevin is filling in the forms already?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, ernieone said:

From people with their ears to the ground Ernie.

😉  😋

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 03/11/2020 at 20:35, 9' oller said:

Leigh have had a go.

Ok fev have thrown brass at success past 5 years but I'll go with toulouse for the next invitation....

I can fully understand why most championship spectators want Toulouse to get the gig. Because they don't want "Toulouse" us Fev lot😄😄😄

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Interested clubs have been invited to apply and their applications will be considered by an "independent" panel.

Maybe Kevin is filling in the forms already?

Has he moved to France?

7 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Apparently there are a few interested with Bradford, Fev, Halifax, Leigh, Toulouse and York said to be in the process of considering  making applications.

Not London then?

On 07/11/2020 at 19:20, POR said:

and Newcastle

I thought that the invitation was only open to Championship clubs but now Rochdale are reported to have thrown their hat into the ring too. Looks like only the HW clubs have retained any semblance of common sense.

Now it has been revealed that only clubs who have finished in the top six in the Championship in 2018 and 2019 are eligible to apply. That brings it down to seven clubs.

Archived