Elite 1 Update

audois

4 minutes ago, langpark said:

I don't think Elite 1.can afford to lose TO and St Esteve. And I doubt those clubs you mention have the budgets to compete in Elite 1. Lyon have struggled in Elite and even showed up to some games with 14 or 15 players. 

And in general, I have never been a fan of dual-reg.

I get what you say at the end of the day though its all down to the Marie if they want to write the cheque.

100% would like to see Carpentras back and maybe also Pia (New version) other clubs in the frame from the passed Villefranche de Rouergue Le Reole Tonniens.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I get what you say at the end of the day though its all down to the Marie if they want to write the cheque.

100% would like to see Carpentras back and maybe also Pia (New version) other clubs in the frame from the passed Villefranche de Rouergue Le Reole Tonniens.

Carpentras u19s are in the elite juniors this year as st gaudens don't have u19s at the elite level, not a nice place to play for away teams is carpentras! 

33 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Carcassonne don't play at home again until the 5th December, I think its st gaudens v Albi next week on via occitane, lezignan go to Avignon but I'm not sure if Avignon will be streaming the game. 

St Gaudens/Albi tomorrow Barnyia

3 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Toulouse are live too on their Facebook page, association toulouse olympique xiii i think it is versus palau 

But again its filmed from a distance, this is the quality you get for doing your analysis of games at most grounds. 

I cannot see it. Do you have a link? 

Sundays results

St Gaudens 18-12 Albi

Toulouse Olympique Elite 36-18 Palau

The St Gaudens first win with Minga to the fore along with Dumas (son of Gilles).TO second win too - showing already improvement on last term with hooker Bouscayrol grabbing a hat-trick of tries supported by a pair from winger Laguerre. Both Miloudi brothers on show for Palau - the vistors still searching for first win along with Albi.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

5 minutes ago, audois said:

Sundays results

St Gaudens 18-12 Albi

Toulouse Olympique Elite 38-18 Palau

The St Gaudens first win with Minga to the fore along with Dumas (son of Gilles).TO second win too - showing already improvement on last term with hooker Bouscayrol grabbing a hat-trick of tries supported by a pair from winger Laguerre. Both Miloudi bothers on show I think for the vistors.

Much improved Toulouse team in Elite 1 this year which is good.

I was impressed Gordon with the ball handling yesterday Avignon moved the ball well in the backs.

Very little dropped ball retention was good.

Paul

7 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Much improved Toulouse team in Elite 1 this year which is good.

I was impressed Gordon with the ball handling yesterday Avignon moved the ball well in the backs.

Very little dropped ball retention was good.

Paul

I am wondering if Toulouse improved, or if a lot of their players that would otherwise be playing Championship, simply got bumped down into this team. 

They've improved, only one or two players have played a few games in the first team, young  lima is concentating on his studies  so is just playing elite for a year or two, the players have matured as they're a very young team and are mainly 21/22 years old. Theyve been playing elite 1 for the last year or so, so theyre getring used to it now.plus a couple of players have come in, i think they've an English player in the team .  the hooker who had signed with Ottawa has come back to toulouse to play elite.

The  game against the xiii catalans team was almost a rerun of the u19s cup final from 2018/19 season as the team lists where almost the same. 

Will St Esteve from now on utlise the four lads who were part of the Dragons SL squad viz. Chan J, Cozza, Le Cam and Laguerre?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

23 hours ago, barnyia said:

I would think so as theyve not played for a long time now. 

It would do them no harm? Another season or so in Elite 1 - against the Aude clubs and Villeneuve et al. Especially as three of them are forwards aged 18yrs/20yrs/21 yrs.

Archived