And now the news where you are.

4 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Morrisons in Bradford has stopped providing baskets for shopping.

There'll soon be another Morrisons in Bradford that won't even have staff or tills.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/20/morrisons-to-open-store-with-no-staff-where-shoppers-can-just-walk-out-14959318/ 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

There'll soon be another Morrisons in Bradford that won't even have staff or tills.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/20/morrisons-to-open-store-with-no-staff-where-shoppers-can-just-walk-out-14959318/ 

Customers should invoice them for the work they did for them as being a check-out operator is a paid job. 

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Not a headline you see every day 

Rampaging bull shot dead in Cheshire

why did it feel the need to rampage?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

Probably mental disturbance due to the cost of living crisis , not being able to speak to a real person on the phone anymore when ringing customer services , and heavy drug use and alcohol dependency . 

On 20/04/2023 at 15:36, DavidM said:

Not a headline you see every day 

Rampaging bull shot dead in Cheshire

On 20/04/2023 at 17:39, graveyard johnny said:

Dual Registration with the poxy Rhinos.

• Haha 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

My third favourite shop ... Arco safety ware ... has closed its branch in Bradord.

First favourite shop: The Welsh shop in Abergavenny (Welsh Gifts)

Second favourite shop: The Yorkshire shop in Skipton (Lighthouse Lane)

How did the Authorities ever suspect??

Bradford Telegraph & Argus:

A Calverley woman is among a group waiting to be sentenced after admitting smuggling money from the UK to Dubai.

Stacey Borg, 41, of...Calverley ... was arrested in May 2021, along with Nicola Esson, 56, of ...  Leeds.

Esson travelled from Heathrow to Dubai on three occasions in August and September 2020, checking in 19 suitcases with a combined weight of almost half a tonne.

Edited by Wolford6
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

How did the Authorities ever suspect??

Bradford Telegraph & Argus:

A Calverley woman is among a group waiting to be sentenced after admitting smuggling money from the UK to Dubai.

Stacey Borg, 41, of...Calverley ... was arrested in May 2021, along with Nicola Esson, 56, of ...  Leeds.

Esson travelled from Heathrow to Dubai on three occasions in August and September 2020, checking in 19 suitcases with a combined weight of almost half a tonne.

I think the suitcase shop in Bradford might have been getting a bit suspicious, let alone the airport security, when the same woman kept coming in, buying a new one and saying the airline had lost her previous suitcases 18 times, especially when she said it was Dubai she was flying to seen as Ryanair don't fly there. I mean I've known some women who insist on taking everything but the kitchen sink on holiday with them but it sounds like this woman was pretending to take the kitchen sink as well. 

Ps. I originally read that headline as a carvery woman and was wondering for a few seconds there whether the fact she worked in a carvery was what led authorities to her. Its been one of those days... 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For over two years, the masthead of the Western Mail has featured a heart in the colours of the Ukrainian Flag.

This week the heart has been revised to feature the rainbow colours of the LBGT movement.

Trouble is, that heart now looks like a pair of lesbian knickers.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/