Dewsbury- Pre Season Game 1

Keep The Faith

Thought we looked comfortable until the last quarter, decent game to watch too

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

It was simply a pleasure to see some proper RL again after all this time. Naturally I was pleased with the win but it wasn't the main thing by any means. Both squads will have blown a few cobwebs off and the coaches will have a much better idea of their probable line ups.

It will be interesting to learn how many tickets were eventually sold. I know that it was around 500 by Friday night.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

43 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It will be interesting to learn how many tickets were eventually sold. I know that it was around 500 by Friday night.

How do you know they'd sold 500 on Friday BSJ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

A very enjoyable game and it didn’t look like it was just a pre-season run out either. 
It would have been lovely to have been there as the weather looked just right for a game, not too hot or cold and some sunshine too. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

13 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

How do you know they'd sold 500 on Friday BSJ?

This was according to a comment from "someone in the know" on Facebook PM. It had only been c200 on Thursday morning, according to another informed source, so sales ticked up nicely it would seem.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived