Jump to content

Featherstone (A) Championship Round 1


Keep The Faith
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gittinsfan,

What are the COVID-19 protocols for calling games off? Because I don’t see anything that says a game can’t go ahead if one or more players are banned/in self isolation for breaking the RFL rules or the law of the land, quote from article on Ferris from the RFL site: “...having taken part in a behind-closed-doors gathering...”. If you could point me at these rules please feel free to do so. As far as I can see the games get cancelled as they did last year in SL, after players/officials test positive for Covid-19, which is not the case here.

For me any players/officials that attended the gathering behind closed doors should be banned/fined as appropriate by the appropriate authorities (RFL/law of the land), if that means Fev have to play a weakened side on Friday then that is the consequences of their actions.

  • Like 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Gittinsfan,

What are the COVID-19 protocols for calling games off? Because I don’t see anything that says a game can’t go ahead if one or more players are banned/in self isolation for breaking the RFL rules or the law of the land, quote from article on Ferris from the RFL site: “...having taken part in a behind-closed-doors gathering...”. If you could point me at these rules please feel free to do so. As far as I can see the games get cancelled as they did last year in SL, after players/officials test positive for Covid-19, which is not the case here.

For me any players/officials that attended the gathering behind closed doors should be banned/fined as appropriate by the appropriate authorities (RFL/law of the land), if that means Fev have to play a weakened side on Friday then that is the consequences of their actions.

How could anyone know for sure, just how many of the Featherstone squad broke the rules? 

The only people that could answer that, are likely to have vested interest in playing what happened down. The less number players found guilty of breaching the law, the less the punishment the club, officials and players are likely to receive.

Unless of course, Gill was behind the photo and wants to stick the knife in, as he is so disgusted by the actions of his former employers.

Actions which may, or may not have forced him to leave his job as it made his position untenable. 

What is the safest way for the RFL to deal with this scenario? 

Can the RFL risk looking like they are turning a blind eye, or playing this sort of behaviour down? 

Whatever they do, it will set a precedent for every other club in the future.

 

 

 

Edited by DOGFATHER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Gittinsfan,

What are the COVID-19 protocols for calling games off? Because I don’t see anything that says a game can’t go ahead if one or more players are banned/in self isolation for breaking the RFL rules or the law of the land, quote from article on Ferris from the RFL site: “...having taken part in a behind-closed-doors gathering...”. If you could point me at these rules please feel free to do so. As far as I can see the games get cancelled as they did last year in SL, after players/officials test positive for Covid-19, which is not the case here.

For me any players/officials that attended the gathering behind closed doors should be banned/fined as appropriate by the appropriate authorities (RFL/law of the land), if that means Fev have to play a weakened side on Friday then that is the consequences of their actions.

I don't care what protocols may or may not be involved.At the moment we do not know how many or who was involved in this gathering.The fact that an official of your club has resigned because of it ,suggests he considered it to be a serious breach of rules/laws of the land.

The RFL have been landed with a PR disaster,and if they allow the game to go ahead and any infections are spread to the Batley squad they would really be in the S,,t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I don't care what protocols may or may not be involved.At the moment we do not know how many or who was involved in this gathering.The fact that an official of your club has resigned because of it ,suggests he considered it to be a serious breach of rules/laws of the land.

The RFL have been landed with a PR disaster,and if they allow the game to go ahead and any infections are spread to the Batley squad they would really be in the S,,t.

What infections? Who has tested positive?
You like I have no idea who was there and who wasn’t. In the same way that I have no idea whether other players across the leagues have broken the rules in the last week and gathered indoors with other people they should not have, though I do suspect that the truth is it is not just people from Fev that have broken that rule in the last week. As I have said previously I hope the people that were there along with Ferris will hold their hands up and take their punishment.

As for you not caring about the protocols set by the RFL, I suspect that the RFL will not care that you don’t care, however it is the rules for these protocols that they will follow, not your wishes or wants.

As for Steve Gill’s resignation I described this situation to my wife and the first thing she said to me is that by resigning he looks to be the guilty party for allowing the gathering to happed and has jumped before he is pushed. Now again I don’t know the reasons for the resignation, in the same way that you don’t.

For me I’ll wait and see what the outcome of the RFL investigation is rather than speculating or wishing for a particular result to happen because that suits me (you) best.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So how long is this investigation going to take? When will a decision be made? Surely an announcement must be made before, say 6pm, today in order that people can decide if they wish to purchase the viewing package. Or if people go ahead and purchase the package and the match is subsequently cancelled, what will happen to their subscriptions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Grinder said:

What infections? Who has tested positive?
You like I have no idea who was there and who wasn’t. In the same way that I have no idea whether other players across the leagues have broken the rules in the last week and gathered indoors with other people they should not have, though I do suspect that the truth is it is not just people from Fev that have broken that rule in the last week. As I have said previously I hope the people that were there along with Ferris will hold their hands up and take their punishment.

As for you not caring about the protocols set by the RFL, I suspect that the RFL will not care that you don’t care, however it is the rules for these protocols that they will follow, not your wishes or wants.

As for Steve Gill’s resignation I described this situation to my wife and the first thing she said to me is that by resigning he looks to be the guilty party for allowing the gathering to happed and has jumped before he is pushed. Now again I don’t know the reasons for the resignation, in the same way that you don’t.

For me I’ll wait and see what the outcome of the RFL investigation is rather than speculating or wishing for a particular result to happen because that suits me (you) best.

We are going to have to disagree on this.I just don't see how the RFL can take the risk(however small this is)that anyone becomes infected by playing on Friday.They would get slaughtered in the press ,and on here,if this were to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

We are going to have to disagree on this.I just don't see how the RFL can take the risk(however small this is)that anyone becomes infected by playing on Friday.They would get slaughtered in the press ,and on here,if this were to happen.

I can understand your worries for  your team but think they are unfounded the only one who has recently tested positive for covid  at FEV is tom minns tom  was originally named  but was later  removed  from last weekend’s squad. and has been omitted from this weeks Minns has been self-isolating and will now wait to pass return-to-play protocols.  before he is allowed to rejoin the squad and play every one else at the club is clear from tests that  have taken place this week so pose no threat to anybody on a rugby pitch or anyone they meet in their daily comings or goings 

however  brett ferres has received a 10 day ban  from any rugby league including training and  a £250 fine for being stupid last week so will miss the game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, POR said:

I can understand your worries for  your team but think they are unfounded the only one who has recently tested positive for covid  at FEV is tom minns tom  was originally named  but was later  removed  from last weekend’s squad. and has been omitted from this weeks Minns has been self-isolating and will now wait to pass return-to-play protocols.  before he is allowed to rejoin the squad and play every one else at the club is clear from tests that  have taken place this week so pose no threat to anybody on a rugby pitch or anyone they meet in their daily comings or goings 

however  brett ferres has received a 10 day ban  from any rugby league including training and  a £250 fine for being stupid last week so will miss the game

Ferres is the only one banned because he is the only one identified.If everyone in that room is identified and banned do you think Fev would be able to put a game on?

I still don't think the RFL can risk any more fallout by allowing the game to go ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ten day ban Brett Ferres received is a ten day self isolation period for breaking lockdown rules.  Every person that can be recognised in the photo should do likewise. It is protocol for a lot of businesses who have staff that break the Covid rules. If it does come out that there was more staff/ players in attendance then they should do likewise. Maybe the person that took the pic should publicly say if there are any more pics that might incriminate those who don't step forward. I really hope it isn't any more than those idiots that we all can see, because I like all fans are looking forward to a long awaited first league match of the season. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dog Forever,

If you go onto the RFL site click on Match Centre and scroll to Featherstone V Batley both squads are there, I would say this is our strongest squad so far.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

Dog Forever,

If you go onto the RFL site click on Match Centre and scroll to Featherstone V Batley both squads are there, I would say this is our strongest squad so far.

I think that we have lost a couple of "form" players in Morton and Kaye.  Good to see Brown, Manu and Gledhill back, mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are we to understand that the Investigation has been completed then?

If so, I'm more than a little surprised there has not been a statement from the RFL or either club regarding the issue.

If it hasn't been completed and is ongoing, why has the game not been called off?

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...