Todays Games

RPH

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well a weekend off to put our feet up and rest before a potentially tough game against Haven. I'll be at Whitbiza working on my tan and cheering Swinton on 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 23/08/2021 at 19:54, Blind side johnny said:

As a matter of interest, what are the plans for clubs playing at Toulouse in the play offs, given that there are no longer any restrictions on travel between the countries?

According to TO

Toulouse Olympique XIII will host the semi-final of the Championship (2nd division) in its Ernest-Wallon stadium on Saturday October 2 (time to be determined).

It's official, the English Rugby Union (RFL) has confirmed that the finals of the 2021 championship will be played on the top ranked pitch. Guaranteed to finish in one of the first two places in the standings, directly qualifying for the last four, the TO will therefore play this chopper match at home.

Better still, in the event of qualification and if the Olympian club is still the leader at the end of the regular season, the final for accession to the Super League will also take place at Les Sept Deniers, on October 10.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

English Rugby Union? RFL? Which is it?

BTW after today that just about settles the top 6, just positions 3 to 5 to battle for.

that's what google translate gives you TO had it as la fédération anglaise de rugby à XIII 

Dewsbury Rams 22 Newcastle Thunder 43
Halifax Panthers 48 Swinton Lions 12
London Broncos 42 Sheffield Eagles 12
Oldham 10 Featherstone Rovers 48
Whitehaven RLFC 64 Widnes Vikings 6
York City Knights 18 Bradford Bulls RLFC 36

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

12 hours ago, phildog said:

English Rugby Union? RFL? Which is it?

BTW after today that just about settles the top 6, just positions 3 to 5 to battle for.

As I said google translate so for a bit of fun looked at some other translator sites and funny enough they all had union in the answer one beauty was

THE UNION OF ENGLISH RUGBY

but my favourite shows those running it know all about rugby but could't make up their minds so came up with

RUGBY LEAGUE UNION 🤣

21 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

That table going to be even tighter next week after losses for Bradford and Fax. Going right down to the wire with everyone clamouring to play London.

And our game isn't going to be a walk in the park against Whitehaven who have gone 6 unbeaten 

IMG_0583.JPG

It looks like a few teams have put their cue in the rack so to speak with nothing to play for. Haven know they have to win all their remaining games to push London for 6th so it won't be an easy game, but with home advantage we should win I reckon. Been a good season and more importantly watched some very entertaining and polished performances. Well done Linners

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

And our game isn't going to be a walk in the park against Whitehaven who have gone 6 unbeaten 

They lost to York last week but I get your point. They have been in great form and for Fax I see a loss to Fev next week and I see us sneaking it at home against you guys but the trip to Haven is the one I feel will cost us 3rd place. We are not playing well enough to win up there.

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

It looks like a few teams have put their cue in the rack so to speak with nothing to play for. Haven know they have to win all their remaining games to push London for 6th so it won't be an easy game, but with home advantage we should win I reckon. Been a good season and more importantly watched some very entertaining and polished performances. Well done Linners

Lucky you.    😭😭

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Friday 3rd September 

Newcastle Thunder 16 York City Knights 29

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Featherstone Rovers 54 Halifax Panthers 22
Swinton Lions 32 London Broncos 34
Widnes Vikings 62 Oldham 4
Bradford Bulls RLFC 6 Toulouse Olympique XIII 60
Batley Bulldogs 14 Whitehaven RLFC 22
Sheffield Eagles 20 Dewsbury Rams 24

On our last few games I can't see Fax winning either of their remaining games which would probably get us 5th with Bradford 4th and Batley 5th. Picked up so many injuries yesterday that I can't see us getting owt up Haven and didn't have the luxury of a bigger squad where we could rest players for our loss.

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

On our last few games I can't see Fax winning either of their remaining games which would probably get us 5th with Bradford 4th and Batley 5th. Picked up so many injuries yesterday that I can't see us getting owt up Haven and didn't have the luxury of a bigger squad where we could rest players for our loss.

So who are you placing in 3rd place?

😃😃😃😃😃😄😄

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Batley Bulldogs 24 Dewsbury Rams 31
Oldham 24 Newcastle Thunder 38
Widnes Vikings 10 Bradford Bulls RLFC 9
London Broncos 28 Featherstone Rovers 48
Whitehaven RLFC 19 Halifax Panthers 6
Sheffield Eagles 28 Swinton Lions 34

It's as you were I guess, a shame really we are disappointed not to have beaten Haven and the Rams might have seen us third, but I'd have bitten your hand off for 5th at the start of the season lol

If we finish in 5th who do we play, would it be 3rd away?

15 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's as you were I guess, a shame really we are disappointed not to have beaten Haven and the Rams might have seen us third, but I'd have bitten your hand off for 5th at the start of the season lol

3rd v 6th

4th v 5th

48 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

That's correct with those two wins you would have been sitting pretty in 3rd place with WP% of 70

Archived