Fri 18 Jun: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils KO 19:45

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/06/21 at 19:15

13 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

Peasants Revolt Again!

Salford deserved their victory tonight, you can't deny that can you Daz39?

Absolutely not, we were shocking and Salford were faster fitter, smarter and stronger than us though i'm fairly sure our Covid outbreak would have had some impact on our levels but you can only beat what's in front of you and they did without having to do much tbh.

2 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

Leigh now have to win 3 games at a minimum to survive in Super League and that includes being the Red Devils in the return game

Well we have to also consider Salford do not beat anyone else, still it could still come down to points difference that would mean if Leigh's was better they would only have to win 2 games, one being obviously Salford.

3 hours ago, doc said:

Will the referee also receive a ban for sending off the wrong man?

Don’t be daft. The refs are immune. Interested to see what the disciplinary come up with. They invented a new offence for the Atkin sin binning last week. Maybe they will say that Greenwood deliberately dragged the Hudds player down a few inches so that Sarge could hit him on the head.

26 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Salford were there for the taking being down to 12 men, the fact Hudds did not take advantage is down to them and Watson, not the officials!

Correct, we may as well have played without wingers as i think they only touched the ball about 6 times between them and they were all from running the ball in.

Awful tactics and performance.

8 hours ago, Oxford said:

The thing about that is SRD will then have been punished twice for the same offence and wrongly in part.

So Oxford when Zak Hardacre head butts an opponent and gets sent off, and then gets a suspension Wigan are punished twice and that's not fair. I've always admired you as a sensible poster but that is ridiculous. 

18 minutes ago, Wood1 said:

So Oxford when Zak Hardacre head butts an opponent and gets sent off, and then gets a suspension Wigan are punished twice and that's not fair. I've always admired you as a sensible poster but that is ridiculous. 

No That's not what I said, SRD had the wrong person sent off for that offence not the one who did it.

two punishments

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just as I predicted and unsurprising that we lose at home to Salford again.

We were dire for most of it,even with a man advantage for 50 minutes, we still created very little and when we did we dropped the ball.

Our possession turnover was embarrassing at times, almost like we were wanting Salford to have possession so we could work on our defensive structures!

Salford looker fitter, sharper and more up for it, possibly the Watson/Brown factor kicking in? we looked lethargic and clueless for most of it.

13 hours ago, Oxford said:

No That's not what I said, SRD had the wrong person sent off for that offence not the one who did it.

two punishments

I really can't get my head around this.

Punishment 1. Serious offence so player is sent off (in this case the wrong man).

Punishment 2, The genuine offender gets suspended.

The only injustice is that Salford's best player remained on the pitch despite the fact that he had assaulted a Giants player who took no further part in the game and may possibly miss more games due to the injury he sustained.

No, sorry Oxford, Salford actually benefitted from the referee's incompetence.

4 minutes ago, Wood1 said:

I really can't get my head around this.😆

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, meast said:

Salford probably gained an advantage by having the wrong man sent off, as Sarginson was one of their better players all night, even so, you'd still expect a decent side to create overlaps and find gaps in a team with 12 men for 50 minutes wouldn't you?

That's not necessarily true. It looks like the Marshall Plan was to take Huddersfield on down the middle, having (correctly) identified that the Huddersfield forwards* aren't up to much. James Greenwood has been one of Salford's more effective forwards this season (on the disappointingly rare occasions that he's fit), and so him being sent off rather than Dan Sarginson may not have been as advantageous as it first appears.

*For the benefit of Huddersfield fans who, to be fair, are now having to come to terms with Ian Watson's press conferences, to be fair, and, to be fair, are wondering what forwards are, to be fair, well, forwards, to be fair, are what Ian, to be fair, refers to as "middles", to be fair.

On 20/06/2021 at 08:29, Wood1 said:

I really can't get my head around this.

In over 125 years of Rugby League/Northern Union, I think that is the first time anyone has said Salford benefitted from officials incompetence. It is usually the other way round.

Archived