Match Thread: Championship Round 11, Featherstone Rovers v Newcastle Saturday-26th-June-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Players named are: Brown, Bussey, Cooper, Dagger, Davies, Field, Gale, Hall, Halton, Hardcastle, Harrison, Holmes,Jones, Kopczak, Lockwood, McConnell, Minns.

Assuming the 4 that are omitted are all after Minns in the alphabet I reckon that probably means Parata, Spence, Whitely, and maybe Junior Moors if he's only 18th or 19th man for the All-Star game?

Squad named and those 4 were indeed the missing names from the list on the RFL website.
https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1408363061061238784/photo/1

Confirmation that Lussick has returned to parent club Salford. Who will line up depends on who Webster wants to play it safe with - for instance, there's an opportunity to give Kopczak a rest this weekend in my opinion - but whoever we turn out from that squad you'd be hopeful of an emphatic victory with Newcastle missing one or two regulars.

Interesting squad  on show with plenty of if's and buts😀

lussick gone back do salford need him for leeds or did we not ask because including Jack B we've got enough fit forwards 

Tom M been playing with injury rested last week but back in squad do we play him and drop one of the loanees or does Josh H go on the bench as makeshift forward

Don't you just love being a FEV fan🤣

Plenty of questions but will we get the right answers

Tom M fit to play or not f yes then send Perry W home to york  keep them happy and let  all the backs pick themselves 

In the forwards start Connor J and James L then it's down to fitness of Jack B if fit then swap him for Loui M but if we decide to give craig K a rest as suggested by PH then start them both alongside Junior M and Frankie H

on the bench well that's all down to James H if fit then Dean P Callum F John D and James H if not then Luke C comes in for james

I think either  bench coming on against a young and tiring newcastle would cause havoc

All Newcastle can hope for now is to try and stop up. Defence was a little better this week and it was a bonus to see Harrison back on the field.

Dont expect it to be easy next week. but 10 out of 10 is not bad.

4 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Moors was like a wrecking ball. If he had stopped on it would have been a very humiliating scoreline. Koppy too would have had a field day too had he played. Big wraps to their few fans who got behind their team

Yep they made plenty of noise and not a word of offensive language (which is hard for geordies).  

Shame about conceding 12 points.  Does that mean we go below Batley !........

Could gareth have broken the record?

Listening on rovers TV  and in first half 

Gareth Gale sets one up…

A powerful run down the right hand edge before an offload to Josh Hardcastle to score his first of the afternoon.

5 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Yep they made plenty of noise and not a word of offensive language (which is hard for geordies).  

Shame about conceding 12 points.  Does that mean we go below Batley !........

we cant go below any teams who have lost more games than us

Thought Newcastle had the biggest forwards i have seen in the Championship this season.They were ok for the first three plays but then got a bit disjointed.Scrum half was their play maker and his passes cutting out two players could have brought another two or three tries for the wingers who came up short.We defended our goal line very well although the drop off pass with ball carrier twisting around was easily snuffed out.Gale was far too strong for the Newcastle defence ,apart from a dropped kick off i thought Holmes was busier than last week and John Davies gave his usual 100% in attack and defence.If any team in the Championship have a better pair of hookers than us i would be astonished.I thought the score would be 62-10 to Fev so not far out.

9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Thought Newcastle had the biggest forwards i have seen in the Championship this season.They were ok for the first three plays but then got a bit disjointed.Scrum half was their play maker and his passes cutting out two players could have brought another two or three tries for the wingers who came up short.We defended our goal line very well although the drop off pass with ball carrier twisting around was easily snuffed out.Gale was far too strong for the Newcastle defence ,apart from a dropped kick off i thought Holmes was busier than last week and John Davies gave his usual 100% in attack and defence.If any team in the Championship have a better pair of hookers than us i would be astonished.I thought the score would be 62-10 to Fev so not far out.

Pretty sure Brown dropped the KO not Holmes

50 minutes ago, POR said:

No he was a good 10/20m from the tryline when he passed that ball plus no one was thinking of the record at that point - only really became a discussion for most who were at the game when the stadium announcer announced he had equalled the record - i would assume RoversTV kept mentioning it at least after the 5th if not before

20 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I stand corrected if you are right.Holmes caught most of the kick offs so i thought it was him, may need glasses i was only 20m away.

Hes right - brown and hardcastle dropped kickoffs - though hardys was debateable but he gave himself up I suppose

1 hour ago, POR said:

Listening on rovers TV  and in first half 

Gareth Gale sets one up…

A powerful run down the right hand edge before an offload to Josh Hardcastle to score his first of the afternoon.

we cant go below any teams who have lost more games than us

Note to self.  Don't try to be funny on forum.  Gets lost in translation.......

8 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

No he was a good 10/20m from the tryline when he passed that ball plus no one was thinking of the record at that point - only really became a discussion for most who were at the game when the stadium announcer announced he had equalled the record - i would assume RoversTV kept mentioning it at least after the 5th if not before

Cheers E but it wan't  about the record per se  just thnking could he have scored because Rovers TV bigging up his run and we all know what gareth does to defenders that get in his way 🤣

9 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Hes right - brown and hardcastle dropped kickoffs - though hardys was debateable but he gave himself up I suppose

Hardcastle did drop it behind him at about 30 degrees but looked up at the ref.These days some ref's blow for a knock on for almost any handling error when according to the rules it should only be called when the ball goes in a forward direction.Two thing's our coach told us was play to the whistle,and never fight when in in possession of the ball.Proper hookers in those days so we had to fight for it.

11 hours ago, haskey said:

All Newcastle can hope for now is to try and stop up. Defence was a little better this week and it was a bonus to see Harrison back on the field.

Dont expect it to be easy next week. but 10 out of 10 is not bad.

No championship game should be easy H but the way we are playing we are making it look easy as for london we have a team with a points diff of plus 42 playing a team with one of plus 330 so would have thought london might have a slight problem in stopping us scoring 

What makes me laugh on the main forum every week FEV are always going to play the inform team and this week someone posted

i think Newcastle will be a tough game for Fev, Newcastle don't appear to be a pushover🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don't you just love being a FEV fan😀

Archived