Super League ready

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Another incredible result from Toulouse beating the recent Super League side London Broncos 66-6. Toulouse have now scored 522 points while only conceding 100 points across their 11 game unbeaten season so far. Toulouse are Super League ready, it was a foolish decision not to promote them last year, the Super League in 2022 will be a much better competition with Toulouse replacing the relegated bottom placed side.

' recent Super League side ' ? , Club yes , ' side ' ? , No 

How many of the Broncos current ' side  ' , played for them in SL in 2019 ?

3 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

We say that, but Catalans (a French side) are one of the teams to have played the most matches without cancellations this year. Might have been safer 😳 

Hindsight 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

nah, if you are promoting the Grand Finalists either way, then the Grand Final is a bit irrelevant. 

No , no , no , NO Dave , winning the GF and getting the trophy is much more important than any other benefits like promotion , ' Worth winning in its own right ' springs to mind 😉

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No , no , no , NO Dave , winning the GF and getting the trophy is much more important than any other benefits like promotion , ' Worth winning in its own right ' springs to mind 😉

I'm a Wire fan, I put no value on actually winning Grand FInals.

Scubby briefly touched on the transfer windows earlier. Does anyone have any more details on what that looks like?

Cometely agree that if the window effectively closes before you know where youll be playing then thats massively stupid. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

6 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Scubby briefly touched on the transfer windows earlier. Does anyone have any more details on what that looks like?

Cometely agree that if the window effectively closes before you know where youll be playing then thats massively stupid. 

It will be closed by default Matt as all the desirable players will be signed up. Thirty years ago you could spend some money in the transfer market and get anyone you wanted within reason. Today, players and agents are the ones calling the shots and they want their players sorted as early as possible for as long as possible.

5 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Our problem is that we don't really have a transfer window as we don't have much of a transfer market. Most players sign for free at the end of their contract.

Out of contract players are allowed to officially begin discussions with other clubs from I think 1st June? And given the wages in RL are relatively not very high and the career is pretty short, most want to have their future's sorted before the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Our problem is that we don't really have a transfer window as we don't have much of a transfer market. Most players sign for free at the end of their contract.

Out of contract players are allowed to officially begin discussions with other clubs from I think 1st June? And given the wages in RL are relatively not very high and the career is pretty short, most want to have their future's sorted before the end of the season.

Absolutely makes sense. Is there a way in that this could be adapted to suit promoted teams?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

I can only think of Lovell and there's is a reason he hasn't moved on to bigger and better things .... like when we cut him as he wasn't good enough and then brought him back two years later.

I know TO were good, but anyone watching that game from a Broncos perspective cant help but ask 'where did it all go wrong?'

4 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

I can only think of Lovell and there's is a reason he hasn't moved on to bigger and better things .... like when we cut him as he wasn't good enough and then brought him back two years later.

I know TO were good, but anyone watching that game from a Broncos perspective cant help but ask 'where did it all go wrong?'

I think you've quoted the wrong post 🤔

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

So the answer to my question to SKS was , 1

So SL ready indeed 🤔

Broncos half hearted attempt to take the place that went to Leigh was nothing more than window dressing, a feeling they had to. Since relegation (having won 10 games I add) the wheels came off and unlike Beaumont, Hughes didn't have the ooomph to invest for a quick return. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The Championship should start before the Super League season and finish in August. Start the 1895 Cup after the Grand Final and play in pools. 

What's going on ? 

6 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The Championship should start before the Super League season and finish in August. Start the 1895 Cup after the Grand Final and play in pools. 

The whole point of the 1895 cup is to get to Wembley. How would that be possible playing it in Autumn?

Archived