Jump to content

Sat 2nd Oct : BetFred Championship Play Off SF : Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers KO 17:30 Sky Sports Mix


Who will win?  

80 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Featherstone Rovers
      67
    • Halifax Panthers
      13


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

With davo5 in the forefront.

Yeap,still haven’t a clue,but maybe some professional help for your Featherstone paranoia is needed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, POR said:

They actually came third in 17  and in all that time this will be  FEV's 6th appearance in a grand final and don't forget  for four years we had middle 8 qualifiers which FEV got into twice and when they didn't they won the championship shield 

So in 10 seasons  that's 6 grand finals  2 qualifiers  and 2 shields That's  not a bad record

Counting the championship shield as success is a bit of a stretch don’t you think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure what consistency over a number of years has got to do with promotion,under the present format all that counts in s an 80 minute performance in a one off match surely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Not sure what consistency over a number of years has got to do with promotion,under the present format all that counts in s an 80 minute performance in a one off match surely.

So you agree , if Fev beat Toulouse they will deserve their promotion ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeap,still haven’t a clue,but maybe some professional help for your Featherstone paranoia is needed 

Do you support a team Davo?

Or are you a fan in general?

There's no right or wrong answer lol. I just wondered. As you probably know I support Batley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you agree , if Fev beat Toulouse they will deserve their promotion ? 

Under the present system,Yes,can’t recall ever saying otherwise.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Niels said:

Do you support a team Davo?

Or are you a fan in general?

There's no right or wrong answer lol. I just wondered. As you probably know I support Batley.

Yes but seeing how they weren’t in the games yesterday I was wanting Toulouse to win for personal reasons & Fax because they were underdogs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Davo5 said:

Yes but seeing how they weren’t in the games yesterday I was wanting Toulouse to win for personal reasons & Fax because they were underdogs.

So not the actual best performances on the day ? , Both just ' personal ' ?

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Next year only one Lancashire team in the Championship 

As always, that depends how you want to define Lancashire.

Barrow, Leigh & Widnes are all in the traditional county.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

5th in a 12 team league is still mid table to me. 

In isolation for one year yes , do an average over the decade and look at where Fev are ?

Edited by GUBRATS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GUBRATS said:

In isolation for one year yes , do an average over the decade and we where Fev are ?

That wasn’t what was stated. 5th was listed as an achievement/success, I don’t believe it is that’s all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

As always, that depends how you want to define Lancashire.

Barrow, Leigh & Widnes are all in the traditional county.

Ah , yes , forgot about them , Widnes I'll give you , Barrow is Cumbrian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

That wasn’t what was stated. 5th was listed as an achievement/success, I don’t believe it is that’s all

A top half finish , and it was made as part of a decade , so the worst finish in a decade was still only 5th 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

A top half finish , and it was made as part of a decade , so the worst finish in a decade was still only 5th 

Again that wasn’t what was stated in the post I replied to originally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Ah , yes , forgot about them , Widnes I'll give you , Barrow is Cumbrian

Not wanting to derail the thread (that's not a Leigh/railway joke, honest) Barrow started being administered by Cumbria CC (rather than as part of Lancashire) when Leigh began being administered as part of Greater Manchester and Widnes by Cheshire CC. So what is the distinction you see between Leigh & Widnes, and Barrow? If you consider the first 2 are in Lancashire, why isn't Barrow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barley Mow said:

Not wanting to derail the thread (that's not a Leigh/railway joke, honest) Barrow started being administered by Cumbria CC (rather than as part of Lancashire) when Leigh began being administered as part of Greater Manchester and Widnes by Cheshire CC. So what is the distinction you see between Leigh & Widnes, and Barrow? If you consider the first 2 are in Lancashire, why isn't Barrow?

Because they talk funny 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...