Jump to content

2022 squad.


White Knight
 Share

Recommended Posts


Another excellent signing.  Backs looking very strong now with threats right across the park.  Just need a couple more big forwards to help punch holes in the opposition and create some space.  But then what do I know!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think the backs look much better than last season, much faster and the average age has dropped, defence will be better which is a good thing, 16 players signed on upto now think we need about 10 more, 6 or 7 forwards I reckon.

Edited by spanishknight
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nige Arro said:

Same place that said Danny ward was taking over from fordy 🤔🤔😉

You scoff... 

Flatman didn't wanna blow anymore money than he had paying ford's contract off

 

500k was quite enough for one season

Why do you think all the big rollers are retiring 🤔🤔

Cut the wage bill.. Do the mathematics 🤔🤔

3 of your players were more than our entire wage bill 🤔🤔

Ask to see the books 🤔🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BridKnight said:

Another excellent signing.  Backs looking very strong now with threats right across the park.  Just need a couple more big forwards to help punch holes in the opposition and create some space.  But then what do I know!

Still would like to see another half back,can't go with just 2 like last season and maybe another winger,don't know if Dixon has been offered a contract for next season and he can kick goals as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Puk said:

Still would like to see another half back,can't go with just 2 like last season and maybe another winger,don't know if Dixon has been offered a contract for next season and he can kick goals as well

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Puk said:

Still would like to see another half back,can't go with just 2 like last season and maybe another winger,don't know if Dixon has been offered a contract for next season and he can kick goals as well

Towes is a winger, think we need at least 3 or 4 props same with backrow forwards and 2 or 3 backs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think overall we need to learn lessons from last season.We need the balance of youth and experience. 

I take what Coolie says with a pinch of salt,but he is probably right that last years squad with the ex super league players in it would have been on good contract plus paying out extra for a lot of loan players.

The way the squad is been pieced together so far I think they are been alot more cautious about having a squad of ex super league and focusing more on championship experience.I think we need to see who is retained really,but we will need experienced players to keep us in with a chance of a top 6 place

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

I think overall we need to learn lessons from last season.We need the balance of youth and experience. 

I take what Coolie says with a pinch of salt,but he is probably right that last years squad with the ex super league players in it would have been on good contract plus paying out extra for a lot of loan players.

The way the squad is been pieced together so far I think they are been alot more cautious about having a squad of ex super league and focusing more on championship experience.I think we need to see who is retained really,but we will need experienced players to keep us in with a chance of a top 6 place

According to James Glover he's excited with the calibre of players we are retaining and bringing in to the club for next season

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Puk said:

According to James Glover he's excited with the calibre of players we are retaining and bringing in to the club for next season

Suppose he’d have to say that

  • Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Masi Matongo signs from Hull FC. Quality signing that. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. marsh . oakes . ogden . glover . brown . ellis . harris . matongo . jubb . dixon . thompson . porter . stock .   ( bench) pauli . teanby . davis . towse ,harrison  or warren .not bad that and it,s still only october😀😀😀
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:
  1. marsh . oakes . ogden . glover . brown . ellis . harris . matongo . jubb . dixon . thompson . porter . stock .   ( bench) pauli . teanby . davis . towse ,harrison  or warren .not bad that and it,s still only october😀😀😀

Has Porter re-signed?.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/10/2021 at 19:58, Puk said:

According to James Glover he's excited with the calibre of players we are retaining and bringing in to the club for next season

He played for Sheffield so the only way is up after last seasons league tables, I'd be excited if I'd played under Tubby then going to play under Ford.. Going from playing in a borrowed stadium hitching up your caravan every 2 weeks to playing at your gaff... So he's excited is he 🤔🤔

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, coolie said:

Hope with the Paulie Paulie signing your not falling into last seasons trap🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

the guys only 27 , far too young and powerfull for the rams😜

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...