Elite 1 is back this weekend

Half time - Lescure 10 Catalans 4.

I assume they`ve revived the pink socks for Monsieur Le Ref because it`s a women`s game - Sweet Lord!

He`s providing ample evidence that a knock-on is now any fumble in any direction. And if a player regathers after an opposition error, he still blows up. There`s an epidemic of this everywhere. Plus two phantom forward passes, probably called by a touch judge. In RL, we basically send 3 blokes out there with instructions to make it as hard as possible for the players to do anything with the ball.

I`d like to hear more from the female pundit - beautiful voice❤️

Edited by unapologetic pedant

Currently Lescure 10:4 Catalans, early in the second half.

As for the standard of Rugby, it looks a bit slower than the UK women's game, but there's no shortage of commitment. The pitch looks very bobbly.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Full time - Lescure 28 Catalans 4.

Surprise result. Well-deserved for Lescure, who produced enough with ball in hand despite soggy difficult conditions.

The usual raft of leg injuries. I`m becoming inured to this in female RL. Thankfully, nothing looked too serious.

Next up, Pia v Toulouse.

The last French women`s game I saw was the upset win for Toulouse over Catalans in the 2019 GF. Never seen Les Baroudeuses play.

Not looking good for Pia - trailing 0:18 after 20 minutes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

All a bit odd. Thought Elite 1/2 was not playing till February. Carpentras hosted Lescure from the Tarn last weekend (44-22) and now we find out the much anticipated clash Villegailhenc (VARL)-Pia will be played tomorrow. Plus another two Elite 2 games to be played on Sunday.

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Tomorrow should have been the cup round, a junior U19 game was played last week too. 

Normally there's a full round of elite 1 fixtures next week, then a week off as it was a cup round, 

Carcassonne won't play again until the 4/5 February

Lived up to its expectations. Last Saturday it poured down but today a clear blue sky and perfect conditions. Vinnie Anderson and his seven Antipodeans against an all French team. The locals more experienced and carrying more weight and years. 12-12 a piece at the break. Up the hill the visiters just had enough with centre Durand kicking goals from every where. Ugo Perez the Pia leader leading them on. He played for the Dragons a few years back and was captain of their reserve last term. (26-32).Pia still undefeated.

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

It looks like we're up and running again. If the TO Elite-Avignon fails the coved test unfortunately it still gives us the following 

This Saturday St Esteve traval to St Gaudens. To be streamed by ViàOccitanie channel 2pm KO BST

Day after Lezignan-Albi and Villeneuve/Lot-Limoux both being streamed. FCL KO 2pm BST Villeneuve KO 2.30pm BST

Not to miss out a treat with the streaming of the Elite 2 game of the day up in the Tarn with Lescure hosting Pia KO 1.30pm BST. Lescure turned over VARL as did Pia recentley so it should be worth a look.

Edited by audois
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, audois said:

It looks like we're up and running again. If the TO Elite-Avignon fails the coved test unforrtunately it still gives us the following 

This Saturday St Esteve traval to St Gaudens. To be streamed by ViàOccitanie channel 4pm KO BST

Day after Lezignan-Albi and Villeneuve/Lot-Limoux both being streamed. FCL KO 4pm BST Villeneuve KO 4.30pm BST

Not to miss out a treat with the streaming of the Elite 2 game of the day up in the Tarn with Lescure hosting Pia KO 4 pm BST. Lescure turned over VARL as did Pia recentley so it should be worth a look.

You can buy the Lescure jersey, I like it, though I wouldn’t wear it to go to the boozer. 

https://www.oneills.com/uk_en/shop-by-team/rugby/rugby-league/rcla-xiii.html

St Gaudens v xiii Catalan at 15h French time live on via Occitanie and sport en France. 

4 Catalan squad members in the team ( vaillhan, Franco, le cam and Rougé) 

A young English lad (Lewis) at hooker for St Gaudens who managed to get back to France after being at the Montpellier sharks club at the beginning of the season, and I believe a kiwi has arrived to strengthen the st Gaudens team. 

Both teams haven't played since the 12th December,

Lézignan v Albi tomorrow on the clubs Facebook page,

Villeneuve v limoux Normally on the leopards you tube page.

Toulouse v Avignon called off 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A try to the flying beanpole, Corentin le Cam!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

St Gaudens 0:28 St Esteve Catalan at half time.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

A try to the flying beanpole, Corentin le Cam!

His last try was aginst England !

• Like 2