Elite 1 is back this weekend

23 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

A third Welsh born player, Kieran Lewis, started at 9 for Saint Gaudens.

Watched the twins earlier whilst in the gym. The glimpses I caught, both did well. Though only small in stature they mixed it well. Connor didn’t quite have the legs to score after breaking away but good start for both. 

When I first read that I thought your gym was streaming Elite 1 😂

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Impressive (Even if it was bloated by a few hundred:) Its 100% important that the FFR13 gets behind  the traditional clubs.

Paul

Well Pia yes. And I’d expect them to be in Elite 1 next year. Baho are just a feeder/reserves club though and shouldn’t be in Elite 1

Edited by DoubleD

Baho let coach Jamal Fakir go after their loss at Villegailhenc up in the Aude. Vinnie Anderson's side are now the only undefeated side along with Pia. They meet up on the last weekend of the year at VARL. Should be good with locals having a very experienced side including a quartet of Pacific Islanders.

Villegailhenc are the reserve side of Carcassonne XIII and their basic recreation ground venue wouldn't I imagine be excepted in Elite 1 if they won the Championship. Pia have by far the best ground - indeed as good  as most Elite 1 clubs have. It would be good to get them back and create a local derby of note with St Esteve.

The only figures I've seen of late are 800 at St Esteve for Albi game and 300 at Toulouse for Villeneuve. FCL would have had I presume  good numbers for Carcassonne game as the main granstand was full and their appeared a good turn out Sunday at Limoux for the Lezignan clash.

PS - Albi on their opening game of the season looked up to a near 1,000.

Edited by audois
  • Like 3

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Who’s promotion do you think would garner national interest? 

Perhaps bring the elite back to 12 clubs & see some one-time clubs like Marseille, Lyon & say a Paris team perhaps. Might be a start to get more consistent free to air coverage like they have to ccasionally with Occitaine TV & who knows from there. 

13 minutes ago, Heritage XIII said:

Perhaps bring the elite back to 12 clubs & see some one-time clubs like Marseille, Lyon & say a Paris team perhaps. Might be a start to get more consistent free to air coverage like they have to ccasionally with Occitaine TV & who knows from there. 

Lyon had to drop out of Elite 2 at the start of this season, Marseille are in the 4th tier and as far as I’m aware there isn’t a Paris team. 

I used to love going to PIA lovely club and really happy for them to be back up there again (Well almost) Guy the Marie in the old days (Around 2004) did a short spell in the clink or suspended sentence for putting too much council budget into the club end result was he was eventually re-elected with a larger majority.

The classic was 4 Aussie road sweepers who didn't do much road sweeping but they were pretty good at rugby league :))))

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Pretty much, what would you suggest Professor Pumpernickel?

I’d suggest that you don’t even know if they exist, and if they do if they’d want to join elite 1, and if they do where their players would come from, where they’d play, or who would fund this ridiculously expensive pie in the sky idea. 

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’d suggest that you don’t even know if they exist, and if they do if they’d want to join elite 1, and if they do where their players would come from, where they’d play, or who would fund this ridiculously expensive pie in the sky idea. 

I just asked a question about Paris- Charenton and whether or not they’re still kicking?

Looked up online, looks like they still are...

Gee you need to relax mate.

Just now, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I just asked a question about Paris- Charenton and whether or not they’re still kicking?

Looked up online, looks like they still are...

Gee you need to relax mate.

No you said they should get teams from Paris, Lyon or Marseille in as if Pia go up the game is dead. I merely queried that. 

Saturday the 11th of December
2pm Albi v Avignon (Via Occitanie)
6:30pm Villeneuve v Saint-Gaudens (YouTube)

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Heritage XIII said:

Never going to happen they have to concentrate on traditional clubs + areas where the game has a history.

Paul

6 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Never going to happen they have to concentrate on traditional clubs + areas where the game has a history.

Paul

Lyon is a traditional club and has history. It’s a shame their open age side is suffering because there is lots of good junior development ongoing. They should be supported, Elite needs big name teams to raise the profile, but not vanity projects. I thought Toulon was promising given they were also focusing on junior development but sadly it seems to have fallen by the wayside 

• Like 1

Marseille too have history. For an organisation that calls itself 'elite' & itself has ambitions beyond the South, larger city clubs are a must. How long have the likes of St Gaudans, Villeneuve etc had to go beyond a few hundred species these past 3 decades? It obviously isn't even working in the 'heartlands'