Elite 1 is back this weekend

19 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Limoux v St Gaudens is streaming at the same time, but on YouTube.

Excellent, I tested positive for Covid yesterday so have the perfect excuse to sit on my backside watching an Elite 1 game. Come on Limoux ❤️🖤❤️🖤

42 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Well deserved victory for the home side. Good all round performance against a rather sterile ASC outfit. Yes, Pedrero is rapid.

Disappointing performance from Carcassonne. Albi too good for them on the night. Disipline seemed to carry on over from Limoux last week. They had players missing but that doesn't excuse them. Will have to sort themselves out to get anywhere near Lezignan next week. Young Fabre again shinning. TO must surely be looking at him.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

Disappointing performance from Carcassonne. Albi too good for them on the night. Disipline seemed to carry on over from Limoux last week. They had players missing but that doesn't excuse them. Will have to sort themselves out to get anywhere near Lezignan next week. Young Fabre again shinning. TO must surely be looking at him.

Yes, Fabre is quality. Really surprised Houles hasn’t snapped him up yet. He’s still only 20 so time for him. His mum is in charge of the local academy. I think his grandad is with the Occitan league set-up.

Not great from ASC, I bet Boyer wishes he had stayed at TO now !!

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Excellent, I tested positive for Covid yesterday so have the perfect excuse to sit on my backside watching an Elite 1 game. Come on Limoux ❤️🖤❤️🖤

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 hours ago, oiseau said:

Yes, Fabre is quality. Really surprised Houles hasn’t snapped him up yet. He’s still only 20 so time for him. His mum is in charge of the local academy. I think his grandad is with the Occitan league set-up.

Not great from ASC, I bet Boyer wishes he had stayed at TO now !!

Yes about Boyer! Wants to win a Elite 1 Trophy ditto too with Ader at Limoux after both played in the Championship across the Channel.

Fabre went to Melbourne Storm summer school along with the Dragons Rougé. Same age but the latter played SL last season while the Tarn lad had a bad injury  which kept him out for a full season. He looks class as you say. 2022 WC should see Fages-Mourgue in the halves maybe. Waiting for Fabre-Rougé then to arrive in France 2025.Exciting possibility.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

The French team won't have any elite players in the team, they'll all come from super league or the championship, 

Fabre is a very good player and doing well at full back, Boyer was playing and helping with the coaching in Toulouse elite team, he is looking to get a club in Australia at cup level if possible, 

11 minutes ago, barnyia said:

The French team won't have any elite players in the team, they'll all come from super league or the championship, 

Fabre is a very good player and doing well at full back, Boyer was playing and helping with the coaching in Toulouse elite team, he is looking to get a club in Australia at cup level if possible, 

Like to see Fabre and lancas? End up at a super league squad 

Thomas lacans  is very dedicated, he's not very big but handles himself well at 9 and 6. He's quick with a good step too, His kicking game could be better but in a full time environment he'd excel, Baptiste is very skillful, especially his kicking game, he's quicker than he looks, maybe he has a flaw in his defence but again it could be worked on, if the Aude team ever appeared in the championship I reckon they'd both be recruited. 

Thomas was in the Catalan academy u19s as a 16 year old. They both played elite 1 at 17/18.

Edited by barnyia
  • Like 1

Round 12

All four games interesting this weekend end. Bottom two sides meet up at St Gaudens hosting TO Elite 1. Limoux sit out. St Esteve with half a dozen from the Dragons including Romano and Cozza who both travelled to Leeds yesterday. Le Cam back from injury. Avignon  visitors after hammering Villeneuve/Lot last weekend .The excellent channel ViàOccitaine will cover this game. Should be interesting.

Albi flying at the moment after fine performances at Lezignan and Carcassonne recently go up to the Lot country. The weekends Big Game is in Carcassonne when FCL come to town on Sunday for the 4th Aude derby. Be interesting as the Canaris cut it's wings in the Tarn last week.

Edited by audois

UK times and sources for the French matches.

Saturday 26th
3:30pm St-Esteve XIII Catalan v Avignon (Via Occitanie)
6:00pm Villeneuve XIII v Albi (YouTube)

Sunday 27th
3:00pm Carcassonne XIII v Lezignan (Facebook)

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

UK times and sources for the French matches.

Saturday 26th
3:30pm St-Esteve XIII Catalan v Avignon (Via Occitanie)
6:00pm Villeneuve XIII v Albi (YouTube)

Sunday 27th
3:00pm Carcassonne XIII v Lezignan (Facebook)

Sorry sweetheart we’re not going out on Saturday evening, Villeneuve v Albi is on. 

• Haha 1

See that St Gaudens have pulled out again v TO Elite 1. Don't think we can continue like that unfortunately. They've no reserves or U19s. It's a shame. Remember them winning the Championship against Treize Catalan (Dragons to come) at Aime  Giral.

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, audois said:

See that St Gaudens have pulled out again v TO Elite 1. Don't think we can continue like that unfortunately. They've no reserves or U19s. It's a shame. Remember them winning the Championship against Treize Catalan (Dragons to come) at Aime  Giral.

What’s the issue there @audois, players or money, or both? Such a shame if another team drops out of Elite 1. 

• 3 weeks later...

Villeneuve v toulouse today at 15h French time on via Occitanie, 

Catalan a Lézignan on Catalan YouTube today 16h30 French time 

Tomorrow

Carcassonne v st Gaudens 15h Carcassonne Facebook

Limoux v Albi 15h limoux YouTube ? 

30 mins away, a village in the Minervois, 30 mins from Carcassonne and 25 from Lézignan

Sorry I thought the question was aimed at me until I read it again

Edited by barnyia

All four ties to be streamed this weekend.In Perpignan the Dragons reserves receive Lezignan. Last November just 24-22 for FCL. Should be close again with Maloney, Maria and Baitieri  returning home. Some of the local youngsters will I imagine wanting to impress with the Featherstone match next week.

The other game with real interest tomorrow up the Aude valley with Limoux hosting Albi. The last time they met up in the Tarn Albi where hopeless losing 12-44. Since then thought they're turned things round sitting nicely in 4th place afer getting the better of Carcassonne 34-16 and St Esteve 32-26. Things now moving on. Round 14 this weekend with just four matches left after this weekend. Here that the Finals will be in Narbonne on 22nd May.

St Esteve-FCL turned up as expected. The Aude side led at the break 4-10 but couldn't hold on as the Catalan youngsters - average age 21 - ran away with it 32-16. Even with Maloney, Maria and Baitieri on board made no differenve. McNamara, Bosc and Moa watching on would have been pleased.

Maybe a coming of age for the towering back row Le Cam. Scored two tries and made another. The choir boy look was every where using his height impressively. He played for France against England at Stade  Brutus back in October and scored a try. Could well feature Saturday against Featherstone in the Cup. The other forward who showed up was another lad from Provence in Vailhen - scored a try and broke the line several times.

Edited by audois
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Carcassonne v Villeneuve at 18h30 French time tonight,

Lézignan v limoux at 15h French time Sunday. 

At Lézignan the u15s u17s play limoux in the morning followed by the u19s v limoux then first grade. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Carcassonne v Villeneuve at 18h30 French time tonight,

Lézignan v limoux at 15h French time Sunday. 

At Lézignan the u15s u17s play limoux in the morning followed by the u19s v limoux then first grade. 

Come on Limoux 🖤❤️🖤