Elite 1 is back this weekend

There's only two Elite 2 games on Sunday Baho (Perpignan)-Salon (Provence) & Villegailhenc (Carcassonne) - Entraigues (Provence). Full Elite 1 fixtures restart next weekend hopefully.

Local support around Stade Gilbert Brutus tomorrow in Perpignan for Dragons-TO

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

We're back on track this weekend with four Elite 1 games with 3 being streamed. Big interest tomorrow with St Esteve hosting Limoux. 9 Dragons players in the group including De Costa, Julien, Romano, Seguier and Le Cam. The last two played against England in October. That game on Youtube KO local time 4.30pm. Limoux won the earlier game.

The other games are on Sunday with Carcassonne  having a game at last. First this year with Avignon as visitors 4pm start there with TO Elite 1-Albi earlier start KO 3pm - both these games are being streamed too. St Gaudens at home to leaders Lezignan will be difficult after their hammering against St Esteve last time out.

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

2 minutes ago, audois said:

We're back on track this weekend with four Elite 1 games with 3 being streamed. Big interest tomorrow with St Esteve hosting Limoux. 9 Dragons players in the group including De Costa, Julien, Romano, Seguier and Le Cam. The last two played against England in October. that game on Youtube KO local time 4.30pm. Limoux won the earlier game.

The other games are on Sunday with Carcassonne  having a game at last. First this year with Avignon as visitors 4pm start there with TO Elite- Albi earlier start KO 3pm - both these games are being streamed too. St Gaudens at home to leaders Lezignan will be difficult after their hammering against St Esteve last time out.

There's a women's game being streamed too, according to https://treizemondial.fr/programme-tv-rugby-xiii/ 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

50 minutes ago, audois said:

We're back on track this weekend with four Elite 1 games with 3 being streamed. Big interest tomorrow with St Esteve hosting Limoux. 9 Dragons players in the group including De Costa, Julien, Romano, Seguier and Le Cam. The last two played against England in October. That game on Youtube KO local time 4.30pm. Limoux won the earlier game.

The other games are on Sunday with Carcassonne  having a game at last. First this year with Avignon as visitors 4pm start there with TO Elite 1-Albi earlier start KO 3pm - both these games are being streamed too. St Gaudens at home to leaders Lezignan will be difficult after their hammering against St Esteve last time out.

All good stuff Gordon.

I hope that the Dragons loan a few players to Toulouse as those players need game time in SL.

Paul

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

ko times and links please anyone?

Saturday 5th February

3:20pm You Tube  - youtube.com/watch.....

French Elite 1

3:30pm St-Esteve Catalan v Limoux

3:30pm St-Esteve Catalan v Limoux

Edited by robins up north
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, audois said:

Good to see Romano back from that terrible injury. 

Shame Seguier didn’t end up going to Melbourne as was touted

Catalans 20:18 Limoux, very close to the hooter.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Catalans 20:18 Limoux, very close to the hooter.

And that's how it finished, despite plenty of pressure from the visitors in the final minutes. Good game.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

And that's how it finished, despite plenty of pressure from the visitors in the final minutes. Good game.

Looked like Limoux got an easy penalty at the death, someone ran it and knocked on. Hard to tell as the camera was busy showing replays and missed it. A draw would have been a fair result.

4 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Looked like Limoux got an easy penalty at the death, someone ran it and knocked on. Hard to tell as the camera was busy showing replays and missed it. A draw would have been a fair result.

Several player putting their hands up indicating go for the ‘2’ and then the camera went away from the action.  Next thing Esteve are playing the click down after a dropped ball by Limoux!

Limoux actually deserved at least a draw.  Esteve play a very reserved, no risk game which imo doesn’t suit them.

19 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Good to see Romano back from that terrible injury. 

Shame Seguier didn’t end up going to Melbourne as was touted

Yes Romano has done well to get back on the field after that bad leg injury. He did it at St Esteve playing for reserves very early on in 2021. The coaches have been impressed with his efforts to over come the injury.

Thought Seguier and Julien were OK yesterday. Late on Cozza raised his game too. Tiaka Chan also went well. He ran off the pitch quickly to the sheds for the half-time talk. It reminded me of his dad who always marched back to the goal line after a try had been scored.

Enjoyable game. The youngsters wanting to get the better of the older and more experienced Limoux team. The visitors lost their last two now - week before to Villeneuve - who are at St Esteve weekend next. The Grizzlis  Aussie full back Santo is a fine player too and Carcassonne are at there place next Sunday - should be another good'en too.

Edited by audois
  • Like 3

Carcassonne 14:10 Avignon at HT.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Carcassonne 30:10 Avignon with 15 minutes to go.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blowing out a bit now - 44:10 with a few minutes left.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great stuff Alan!

• Like 1

Watching with interest at Pia. Catalan region need a replacement for Palau in Elite 1. They had a crowd of 1800 recently too. A refurbished stadium and a great past.

Elite 2  Pia 70-8 Carpentras

National   Salses 92-0 Cavaillon/Caumont

Federal    St Laurent 42-20 Ille 2

Salses are the reserves of Pia and St Laurent the reserves of Salses

I think there is something about this joining-up lark  these days

Elsewhere

Elite 1 U19s

St Esteve 76-12 Limoux

Baho 6-78 Lezignan

TO 87-0 Albi

Carcassonne  26-30 Avignon

TO along with St Esteve as you would expect well ahead. Pleased to see Avignon result as they didn't have a team at the start of the season

Edited by audois

The president's of Lézignan, Carcassonne and limoux got together last night for a chat about how they're running their clubs and the future, good to see the three clubs getting along, I'm looking forward to the limoux v carcassonne derby this Sunday and the carcassonne v  Lézignan return match the 26th or 27tg February. 

• Like 1