Elite 1 is back this weekend

46 minutes ago, fcl said:

James Maloney trained with Feuceuleu and could start this weekend at Limoux.

Will the excellent Thomas lacans be playing 9 now 😉. He's having a great season and could definitely step up a division/level or two I reckon,

No the last couple of games he's been in the halves. I was speaking to one of the coaching staff who said it's a shame to play him 9 as he's playing really well in the halves. Personally I prefer him at 9 as he's quick, always makes th right choice. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

I remember that ground from 2010. What's changed? Has the old clubhouse been demolished?

I think so and the old grand stand. They were hoping to develop the ground but locals objected. The city authorities then came up with the idea of joining them up with Stade Toulousain at Ernest Wallon - which hopefully will be a winner.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

8 minutes ago, audois said:

I think so and the old grand stand. They were hoping to develop the ground but locals objected. The city authorities then came up with the idea of joining them up with Stade Toulousain at Ernest Wallon - which hopefully will be a winner.

Ta.

I liked Minimes, but Wallon is much more appropriate for SL.

Do the reserves play at Minimes? I'm right in thinking Stade Arnaune is just a different name for it?

4 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Ta.

I liked Minimes, but Wallon is much more appropriate for SL.

Do the reserves play at Minimes? I'm right in thinking Stade Arnaune is just a different name for it?

Yes near the centre of the city ideal. Minimes is the name of the suburb. Ernest Wallon one of the best rugby  grounds in France. The city council gave €4M for a state of the art hybrid pitch to enable both codes could utilise.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Looks like we have a couple of Sunday matches streaming this weekend.

https://treizemondial.fr/programme-tv-rugby-xiii/

2:00 and 2:30pm, UK time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Looks like we have a couple of Sunday matches streaming this weekend.

https://treizemondial.fr/programme-tv-rugby-xiii/

2:00 and 2:30pm, UK time.

Limoux -v- Lezignan (the 2pm KO) has the makings of a cracker.  These sides so far have, between them, played eight league fixtures and won them all.

Both Welsh lads feature for Villeneuve/Lot today against Carcassonne. Curtis hooker starts and brother Connor from the bench.

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Weather seemed okay. There was heavy rain forecast for Sunday in that part of France a couple of days ago.

Slow and scrappy game. Fractious at times. Ref had an unenviable job. Just as well the officials can disappear underground before they reach the main stand.

Wasn`t sure what was going on towards the end, but I think Jimmy won it with a golden-point field goal. He didn`t look too sharp in general play.

5 hours ago, audois said:

Both Welsh lads feature for Villeneuve/Lot today against Carcassonne. Curtis hooker starts and brother Connor from the bench.

A third Welsh born player, Kieran Lewis, started at 9 for Saint Gaudens.

Watched the twins earlier whilst in the gym. The glimpses I caught, both did well. Though only small in stature they mixed it well. Connor didn’t quite have the legs to score after breaking away but good start for both. 

57 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

A third Welsh born player, Kieran Lewis, started at 9 for Saint Gaudens.

Watched the twins earlier whilst in the gym. The glimpses I caught, both did well. Though only small in stature they mixed it well. Connor didn’t quite have the legs to score after breaking away but good start for both. 

Thought Curtis at hooker looked good. Villeneuve started poorly but came alive late on. Lewis must have done something special as St Gauden's best effort so far.

St Esteve 32-4 Toulouse Elite

Limoux 18-19 Lezignan (Golden point)

St Gaudens 22-24 Avignon

Villeneuve/Lot 18-38 Carcassonne

Edited by audois

Maloney's arrival exquisite.Three times he's done it, golden point -HKR, Saints and now here in the last year. Also to see players in Elite 1 who have just done things across the Channel, Maloney in SL team of the year plus Grand Final and Inu year before with Salford in Wembley turn out. Giving the French comp something to shout about.

Edited by audois
  • Like 4