We're officially in hibernation

marklaspalmas

40 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Apart from their rule requiring clubs to have played a minimum of 70% of their league fixtures to qualify for the playoffs, which I understand they waived in Toulouse's case, to the obvious detriment of all other clubs in the championship.

If you think that was fair or just, or didn't give Toulouse a clear advantage, there's some tartan paint I need you to go and fetch for me.

But we were talking  about cup participation not the league  so why have you brought it up our discussion  was about your claim  Can't we just elect to not take part in those competitions, or is that option only available to those championship clubs that the RFL wish to manoeuvre into SL?I

And yes I thought with all that was going on with covid restrictions as long as they played everybody at least once  it was fair to let the one of the  best  teams in the championship qualify for the playoffs.  I wasn't really bothered because I genuinely  thought we  had a team good enough to beat them 

By the way  I  can tell you there was no  was NO  tartan paint at the pit but plenty of long stands 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how much are your season tickets for the 2022 season 

Would be interesting to see everyone's season ticket prices for the 2022 season in the championship 

Huddersfield I believe have offered their season tickets for £125 which is a bargain in super league. 

Championship admission prices are way too high for the product, Leigh apparently charged supporters £30 which is absolutely extortion 🤔

3 hours ago, Adam B said:

You may be right on the sales front, but let's hope not. That's a very fair point re the cost of games, and the whole thing is looking unsustainable in the long term. However the solution to all of this, which nobody wants to consider (least of all SL clubs, who have enriched themselves and lived beyond their means for the past 25 years at the expense of the wider game) is for all RL clubs to go back to being more or less part time.

The way Barnsley are playing at the minute they'd have to pay me to go and watch them.

I went on Saturday against Hull and it was DIRE!!!

6 minutes ago, coolie said:

Would be interesting to see everyone's season ticket prices for the 2022 season in the championship 

Huddersfield I believe have offered their season tickets for £125 which is a bargain in super league. 

Championship admission prices are way too high for the product, Leigh apparently charged supporters £30 which is absolutely extortion 🤔

£240

£180 over 65

£100 16 - 24

Under 16 Free

3 hours ago, POR said:

But we were talking  about cup participation not the league  so why have you brought it up our discussion  was about your claim  Can't we just elect to not take part in those competitions, or is that option only available to those championship clubs that the RFL wish to manoeuvre into SL?I

And yes I thought with all that was going on with covid restrictions as long as they played everybody at least once  it was fair to let the one of the  best  teams in the championship qualify for the playoffs.  I wasn't really bothered because I genuinely  thought we  had a team good enough to beat them 

By the way  I  can tell you there was no  was NO  tartan paint at the pit but plenty of long stands 

You're quite right and sorry for going off on a bit of a tangent. I suppose the point I was making was that when it suits, the RFL are happy to selectively apply their rules.

22 hours ago, coolie said:

went to leigh in 2020 ( last time im champ) paid 22 etrance fee and worth every penny , no extra for parking , best champ ground by a mile , plus a good boozer on site.

24 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It's dire init?

Sad to say YEAH, after last season it's a shambles at the club and not just the team. Will lose £7 MILLION plus when we get relegated , the owners don't care and its always the fans who stick with the club that suffer. 

Anyway no need to be bored with no RL  there's LOADS to read on the Featherstone Rovers Archive website. The old programmes section could even interest opposition fans as their programmes against Rovers are on and worth a look how much they have changed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 20:58, Fevrover said:

Anyway no need to be bored with no RL  there's LOADS to read on the Featherstone Rovers Archive website. The old programmes section could even interest opposition fans as their programmes against Rovers are on and worth a look how much they have changed.

Excellent advice.

Anyway, it's extremely quiet on here again.

What is everyone doing? Christmas shopping? Selecting their Dream XIII from our assembled squad?

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Excellent advice.

What is everyone doing? Christmas shopping? Selecting their Dream XIII from our assembled squad?

Apart from the chocolate my shopping was done yonks ago and I'l wait to pick my dream team on Monday, January 31. So now I just sit with bated breath waiting for

we're not done with recruitment 

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

It's the phoney war time. Waiting for things to happen, the most important of which is, what shape are we going to be in re Covid impacting/not impacting on the 2022 RL season? Hoping it's not going to be too bad but even the experts seem unsure about the overall impact of Omicron.

In terms of the Championship...most teams are close to being complete, but there are several unknowns still. We still have further announcements to make, but we have a pretty good idea of the standard of our squad, whereas the final composition of the Leigh squad, in particular, hasn't been established.

They've announced 19 so far, and will have additional players on Dual Reg from St Helens, but they will need a squad of around 24 minimum you'd think.

The Leigh fans on the general forum seem confident they will be announcing five more players, but whether these are high-profile signings will be interesting, their last couple of signings look very good on paper and if they have another four or five of that calibre then they are probably going to entrench their position as favourites with the bookies, but they are a hard squad to assess at the moment with only 8 or 9 forwards currently announced.

It looks like Halifax will have a DR agreement with Huddersfield and also Bradford will have a DR partnership (perhaps Wakefield?) as well as their loans from Leeds. I don't think we have heard about York doing DR with anyone but they have only announced 25 players so far I think, maybe they will link up with Cas, unless they have other signings in the pipeline? Dewsbury doing DR with Hull KR, Newcastle with Wigan and I believe Widnes might be doing DR too (presumably with Warrington).

58 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's the phoney war time. Waiting for things to happen, the most important of which is, what shape are we going to be in re Covid impacting/not impacting on the 2022 RL season? Hoping it's not going to be too bad but even the experts seem unsure about the overall impact of Omicron.

In terms of the Championship...most teams are close to being complete, but there are several unknowns still. We still have further announcements to make, but we have a pretty good idea of the standard of our squad, whereas the final composition of the Leigh squad, in particular, hasn't been established.

They've announced 19 so far, and will have additional players on Dual Reg from St Helens, but they will need a squad of around 24 minimum you'd think.

The Leigh fans on the general forum seem confident they will be announcing five more players, but whether these are high-profile signings will be interesting, their last couple of signings look very good on paper and if they have another four or five of that calibre then they are probably going to entrench their position as favourites with the bookies, but they are a hard squad to assess at the moment with only 8 or 9 forwards currently announced.

It looks like Halifax will have a DR agreement with Huddersfield and also Bradford will have a DR partnership (perhaps Wakefield?) as well as their loans from Leeds. I don't think we have heard about York doing DR with anyone but they have only announced 25 players so far I think, maybe they will link up with Cas, unless they have other signings in the pipeline? Dewsbury doing DR with Hull KR, Newcastle with Wigan and I believe Widnes might be doing DR too (presumably with Warrington).

Yeah yeah yeah.

But how's your christmas shopping going?

😉

8 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Excellent advice.

Reading the aforementioned archive lol,when iam not slaving away with the Christmas Post.

5 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Yeah yeah yeah.

But how's your christmas shopping going?

😉

Christmas shopping? It's the wrong time of year to buy racehorses!😀

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Archived