First north-east club with own home

Need to clone that Steve Beatty fella and scatter around the UK.

I've never met him but he seems to be powered by Duracell and has got through a huge amount of work over the past 2 decades,or so.

I am probably doing him a disservice - because he has done all manner or rugby league work.

Huge congratulations to him,Mr Ball,and Cramlington Rockets. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Need to clone that Steve Beatty fella and scatter around the UK.

I've never met him but he seems to be powered by Duracell and has got through a huge amount of work over the past 2 decades,or so.

I am probably doing him a disservice - because he has done all manner or rugby league work.

Huge congratulations to him,Mr Ball,and Cramlington Rockets. 

Excellent news - but you don't need to clone Steve - there are  already plenty like him throughout the game.

The North East  has no rep outfit in Tier 4 since the withdrawal of Gateshead Storm. Someone needs to step up in due course to give Thunder that player pathway link. Before Storm it was Peterlee.....roots , structure and travel funding have proved to be the problem and have  to be in place.

I suspect a regional offer ( Tyneside ) under a collegiate  banner might  likely be considered  favourably by for instance the  NCL. once the facilities et al prove  solid..... The RU do that sort of thing all the time.

And  we have just seen NCL Premiers  York Acorn  struggle  at the Navy and the Army had a great tussle  against Orrell St James ( NWML  front runners ) . Would love to see them (  military commitments permitting ) up there in Tier 4 where they clearly rank.

Is it time to rank clubs as Tier 4 because of what they bring to the game  rather than  just the competition in which they play ?

7 hours ago, del capo said:

Excellent news - but you don't need to clone Steve - there are  already plenty like him throughout the game.

The North East  has no rep outfit in Tier 4 since the withdrawal of Gateshead Storm. Someone needs to step up in due course to give Thunder that player pathway link. Before Storm it was Peterlee.....roots , structure and travel funding have proved to be the problem and have  to be in place.

I suspect a regional offer ( Tyneside ) under a collegiate  banner might  likely be considered  favourably by for instance the  NCL. once the facilities et al prove  solid..... The RU do that sort of thing all the time.

And  we have just seen NCL Premiers  York Acorn  struggle  at the Navy and the Army had a great tussle  against Orrell St James ( NWML  front runners ) . Would love to see them (  military commitments permitting ) up there in Tier 4 where they clearly rank.

Is it time to rank clubs as Tier 4 because of what they bring to the game  rather than  just the competition in which they play ?

Isnt that Tier 3?!

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Isnt that Tier 3?!

No.

Tier 3 is League 1 ( in some cases believe it or not )......

The RFL re adjusted the bands a couple of years ago to cater for the clear divide between the Championship and a good number of League 1 outfits.

A clear strategy meanwhile  from the guys at  the Rockets seems to be developing.......

Archived