Sat 26 Mar: CC6: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 16:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/03/22 at 17:00

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

I have said on numerous occasions on this board that in the natural order of merit I know where my club sits, it is somewhere between 10th and 15th, we will never be a big player nor do I expect we will be a basement dweller.

Why would I and others want it all dragged down to our level, no, we relish playing against those we would love to beat, it doesn't happen all to often and is much the sweeter when it does, look at Whitehaven yesterday I would wager that some of those from the town who attended The Rec yesterday had not been for years, we need big clubs, but please excuse our curiosity in seeing a big club who should not be anywhere near where they are now struggling, through nothing but totally bad management.

Thanks for proving my point Harry, my point is that if the sport grows then your clubs won't be 10th to 15th.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Live after death said:

Why do people keep going on about the pitch, its being dug up and replaced in a few weeks as was planned all along.

But they do 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

Normally when a coach loses their job there is a positive effect on performance, certainly in the short term with players worried about self preservation if nothing else. It's pretty worrying for Leeds to instead get 40 put on them. 

There isn’t always a positive effect in the very next game as it obviously disrupts preparation.

Leeds have very rarely had a ‘bounce back’ straight away its a myth

12 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Thanks for proving my point Harry, my point is that if the sport grows then your clubs won't be 10th to 15th.

That's the challenge for all clubs , be they the biggest or smallest 

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Probably only natural but still a shame if fans are staying away from Rhinos in numbers.  Its not as if there is a decent soccer club in the area to attract those fans.

Wigans crowds are as much if not more of a concern than Leeds fans, leeds have the excuse of poor on field performances at least

Mea culpa: Just for a moment there, I thought I was posting on the "Sat 26 Mar: CC6: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 16:30 (BBC)" thread.  

Just re-read what I put: "shame if fans are staying away from Rhinos in numbers.  "

You obviously think that it's not a shame.

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Mea culpa: Just for a moment there, I thought I was posting on the "Sat 26 Mar: CC6: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 16:30 (BBC)" thread.  

Just re-read what I put: "shame if fans are staying away from Rhinos in numbers.  "

You obviously think that it's not a shame.

Of course it’s a shame.

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Probably only natural but still a shame if fans are staying away from Rhinos in numbers.  Its not as if there is a decent soccer club in the area to attract those fans.

There'll be no bites there ,dig a bit deeper 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

There isn’t always a positive effect in the very next game as it obviously disrupts preparation.

Leeds have very rarely had a ‘bounce back’ straight away its a myth

I can't think of a time when we've sacked a coach mid season and gone on to win the next game.

Reilly to Ward - no.

Lance to Powell - no. 

McDermott to Sinfield - no.

Furner to Agar - no.

Agar to Jones-Buchanan - no.

So I think we're looking back at the Fox to Bamford transition in 86/87 for the last time they won after sacking the coach.

Not that this proves anything mind and it would have been very nice to break that record yesterday.

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If all clubs grow equally - is that not what is desirable - they will retain the same position.

That is impossible when growth from outside is the way growth is coming from. Some will rise, others will stand still (which is to say go backwards). 

If the same clubs remain then your theory would run true, but if the same clubs remain the game will shrink.

If you want my tuppence on the future Harry, 2x10 will come in because 20 teams are a majority, then 10 will be cut off because the sport can't afford it.

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

I can't think of a time when we've sacked a coach mid season and gone on to win the next game.

Reilly to Ward - no.

Lance to Powell - no. 

Furner to Agar - no.

So I think we're looking back at the Fox to Bamford transition in 86/87 for the last time they won after sacking the coach.

Not that this proves anything mind and it would have been very nice to break that record yesterday.

I bet that’s pretty much the same for any club, as I say the bounce back in the first game after is a myth.

Reilly to Ward - no.

Lance to Powell - no. 

Furner to Agar - no.

I talked about performance, I'm not sure why you are trying to twist this to win or why such a general point is being made Leeds specific. Did those coaches conceed 40 points in their first game? That would be more relevant.

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Who was the Leeds captain yesterday? There didn't seem to be anyone calling the shots, directing things on the field. Are they really missing Myler, too. Seems to me they are.

Yes definitely missing Myler 

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Who was the Leeds captain yesterday? There didn't seem to be anyone calling the shots, directing things on the field. Are they really missing Myler, too. Seems to me they are.

Leeming, then Handley.

yes were missing myler but the biggest problem we have is the lack of props, compacted with them getting banned constantly.

Its also no coincidence that the best 40 minutes we have played is when we had Newman and Fusitua playing

57 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Can only sell what's going on there, and what is going on there is Rugby League. A village sport which is attracting village crowds.

Jeez give it a rest will you.

Banging on about how ###### you think Rugby League is or how you don't care for what have been some of the sport's essential characteristics since forever is tedious at the best of times.

Deciding to bang on about them here, coincidental to Leeds wetting their pants again on national tv, just gives the impression that the two might be for some reason connected.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I talked about performance, I'm not sure why you are trying to twist this to win or why such a general point is being made Leeds specific. Did those coaches conceed 40 points in their first game? That would be more relevant.

Well the last change of coach we lost to a championship side.

Jeez give it a rest will you.

Banging on about how ###### you think Rugby League is or how you don't care for what have been some of the sport's essential characteristics since forever is tedious at the best of times.

Deciding to bang on about them here, coincidental to Leeds wetting their pants again on national tv, just gives the impression that the two might be for some reason connected.

"Everything is fine"

You evidently haven't been paying attention on this forum much pal if you think that assessment of RL from myself has been a recent phenomenon or is connected to the fortunes of Leeds Rhinos.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'm not sure my statement of fact can be considered to be twisting anything.

I'm not sure what my reply @Chrispmartha has to do with you anyway.

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeming, then Handley.

yes were missing myler but the biggest problem we have is the lack of props, compacted with them getting banned constantly.

Its also no coincidence that the best 40 minutes we have played is when we had Newman and Fusitua playing

We have a few really talented players who once they are off the pitch everything collapses in attack.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

I'm not sure my statement of fact can be considered to be twisting anything.

I'm not sure what my reply @Chrispmartha has to do with you anyway.

Its a public forum, back off. If you don't want outsiders to comment on a private chat make that chat in private.

Archived