Championship & L1 2022 mid-season pickups

16 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Off the top of my head.... I would be considering looking at Olly Ashall-Bott, Chris Hankinson, Matty Russell, Joe Bretherton or maybe even a year for Harrison Hansen from Toulouse and Lewis Murphy, Lee Kershaw, Corey Hall and Max Jowitt from Wakefield. Some of those would be first 17 players others I think would add cover/depth.

Nice short answer from me…….

I wouldn’t take any of them ! 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Nice short answer from me…….

I wouldn’t take any of them ! 👍

I think it would be naive to think that there aren't players at every super league squad that can improve Leigh. We have a very good squad, probably the best I've seen in my days watching the club including our previous SL teams, but it's not THAT good.

3 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

I think it would be naive to think that there aren't players at every super league squad that can improve Leigh. We have a very good squad, probably the best I've seen in my days watching the club including our previous SL teams, but it's not THAT good.

Just my opinion Rob. I like Russell but we don’t need Journeymen anymore. 

If we want to consolidate in SL, picking up scraps shouldn’t be the strategy. 

Without sounding rude, with the right guidance and coaching, there are probably better players in the Championship but I’d much rather us splash out on a good Academy and grow our own. 

Finally, it seems lessons have been learned and it’s no longer ‘Jobs for the Boys PLC’

7 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Off the top of my head.... I would be considering looking at Olly Ashall-Bott, Chris Hankinson, Matty Russell, Joe Bretherton or maybe even a year for Harrison Hansen from Toulouse and Lewis Murphy, Lee Kershaw, Corey Hall and Max Jowitt from Wakefield. Some of those would be first 17 players others I think would add cover/depth.

Wouldn't be my choice of new (and some old, in both senses) of recruits Rob, albeit I could see as you say some cover there, I would not envisage many regular starters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Templegreen said:

Excuse my ignorance, but when are the deadlines for signings/loans/dr? and are the deadlines for signings/loans/dr the same in SL/champ/L1 ?

Deadline for signings is today, although loan deadline is slightly later I think

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Deadline for signings is today, although loan deadline is slightly later I think

Same deadline (and for DR) although loans can be extended if they expire after the deadline and loaned (or DRd) players can sign permanent contracts with the loaning club providing they do so during the loan period.

Only other exception to post deadline signings are Covid replacement players 

• Thanks 2

On 21/07/2022 at 22:20, LeytherRob said:

They'll stay up. It would mean both Toulouse and Wakey would have to win 3 games each, Toulouse have 2/3 possible wins left with the games they've got to play but I can't see Wakey picking up more than one. Certainly going to be an interesting run in regardless and if Leigh are promoted, there are players at each of those clubs who would be worth a punt on once the relegation clauses start activating.

Re Warrington in bold.

Has they say Rob, the thick plottens after tonight's result.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Leigh being linked with .......... Tom Briscoe.

Please no, no, no,  I would much sooner keep Krisnan Inu or Jy Hitchcox, we already have 2 wingers for next season in Ferguson and Charnley and back up with Brand.

Of the 2 brothers I would sooner have the 4 years younger Luke than the 32 year old Tom.

On 13/08/2022 at 17:25, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh being linked with .......... Tom Briscoe.

Please no, no, no,  I would much sooner keep Krisnan Inu or Jy Hitchcox, we already have 2 wingers for next season in Ferguson and Charnley and back up with Brand.

Of the 2 brothers I would sooner have the 4 years younger Luke than the 32 year old Tom.

Inu or Hitchcox would take up a quote spot we don't have. Tom Briscoe as a squad player providing cover for our first choice wingers(Ferguson and Charnley) would be a handy acquisition.