superleague show new low

15 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

unless i need to go to specsavers - correct me if i am wrong  (sure you will) are those 2 women presenters really superimposed on to the footage of some warm up at a hull game? pretending to be there? what an insult to the viewer - dont bother - just show extended highlights instead - even the sportsman can extend to a studio - the bbc get worse - the licence fee is a joke 

No, no Johnny, cameras have the abillity to put the background out of focus while making the subject crystal sharp, phone cameras with two lenses can form the same function on still images, the more expensive ones can do it in video mode.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

No, no Johnny, cameras have the abillity to put the background out of focus while making the subject crystal sharp, phone cameras with two lenses can form the same function on still images, the more expensive ones can do it in video mode.

For broadcast pro video cams, tis easy.  Large aperture, short focus point, large sensor X 3 and bingo, foreground in focus, distant background out of focus.

As a side issue, do you know how much it costs to buy the camera lens combo the broadcasters use? 

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

For broadcast pro video cams, tis easy.  Large aperture, short focus point, large sensor X 3 and bingo, foreground in focus, distant background out of focus.

As a side issue, do you know how much it costs to buy the camera lens combo the broadcasters use? 

No Sorry John.

Not directly relevant to this topic, true. Not sure but thinks it's easily upwards of £40K including lens and wireless data transmission kit.   Not cheap to hire either I guess. Thus the equipment cost of the SuperLeague show is not trivial.

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Not directly relevant to this topic, true. Not sure but thinks it's easily upwards of £40K including lens and wireless data transmission kit.   Not cheap to hire either I guess. Thus the equipment cost of the SuperLeague show is not trivial.

Wonder how much it's costing to show NCL games on Our League, and what the return on that is. (Which probably isn't anything anyone can work out!)

On 20/04/2022 at 18:22, graveyard johnny said:

unless i need to go to specsavers - correct me if i am wrong  (sure you will) are those 2 women presenters really superimposed on to the footage of some warm up at a hull game? pretending to be there? what an insult to the viewer - dont bother - just show extended highlights instead - even the sportsman can extend to a studio - the bbc get worse - the licence fee is a joke 

Get yourself booked in

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

ok-ok  I asked the question? and the answer is the modern technology makes it look unnatural , false and superimposed - time to get the black and white portable back out  for me - plus the licence is cheaper!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 20/04/2022 at 21:54, Eddie said:

Essential viewing for everyone that isn’t working on a Tuesday afternoon. 

Who watches stuff live these days?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

19 hours ago, JohnM said:

I think I saw one in Poundland.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

ok-ok  I asked the question? and the answer is the modern technology makes it look unnatural , false and superimposed - time to get the black and white portable back out  for me - plus the licence is cheaper!

Better get the paper, quill and ink out also and write to TRL instead of using these computer type thingy's😁

Just joking.

Archived