Dragons spreading their wings

NRL transfer news 2022: Catalans Dragons chasing Sharks legend Wade Graham (theaustralian.com.au)

France has come calling for Sharks champion Wade Graham.

And it all started with a story in The Daily Telegraph.

Graham, 31, has revealed Catalans – the Perpignan-based club in Super League – has made contact about luring him to the south of France.

And Graham is certainly keen on the idea.

Off contract after this year, Graham has spoken briefly to the Sharks about another season in the NRL before fulfilling a desire to play in France.

They know I’m off contract and did ring me about a month ago.

“I told them it (playing in France) was in my future plans. It hasn’t progressed much further than that but it’s still on the cards.

“I’m still looking into it and it’s definitely somewhere where I’d be keen to finish. My partner (Karianne Lafrance) has a French background.

“I manage myself so it would be to good go through the process and talk to them. At this stage, they have expressed interest and I have said it’s certainly a goal of mine at some stage of my career to head over there.”

You could do a lot worse than signing Wade Graham, he`s all class.

On 18/05/2022 at 15:59, Eddie said:

Give over lad, stop making stuff up. If you’re not interested in which clubs are self sustainable and which aren’t then just don’t comment. I am, which is why I asked the question. 

If you are interested in the sustainability of clubs, you could always start a topic specifically about that, across all clubs. 

As it is, your post gives the impression that you are looking for the negative in what is undoubtedly a good news story.

This forum is going great guns, but what would happen if League Publications pulled the plug?

21 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

NRL transfer news 2022: Catalans Dragons chasing Sharks legend Wade Graham (theaustralian.com.au)

France has come calling for Sharks champion Wade Graham.

And it all started with a story in The Daily Telegraph.

Graham, 31, has revealed Catalans – the Perpignan-based club in Super League – has made contact about luring him to the south of France.

And Graham is certainly keen on the idea.

Off contract after this year, Graham has spoken briefly to the Sharks about another season in the NRL before fulfilling a desire to play in France.

They know I’m off contract and did ring me about a month ago.

“I told them it (playing in France) was in my future plans. It hasn’t progressed much further than that but it’s still on the cards.

“I’m still looking into it and it’s definitely somewhere where I’d be keen to finish. My partner (Karianne Lafrance) has a French background.

“I manage myself so it would be to good go through the process and talk to them. At this stage, they have expressed interest and I have said it’s certainly a goal of mine at some stage of my career to head over there.”

You could do a lot worse than signing Wade Graham, he`s all class.

Who would have thought, France has become the most attractive and highest profile place for NRL players to play?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

See that a Dragons U19' lad - Renato Ammaro Silva has been called up by Brazil to participate in a session in Sydney this weekend involving South Africa. Was born in Brazil.

• Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

U19s Dragons turning over Carcassonne in the Cup Final at Pia last Sunday 16-58. Coached by Dragons former winger Justin Murphy. The intention being that now that some will move up to U23s playing in Elite1 in the autumn. Centre Levi Atiga could be one moving up with four tries on Sunday. League and Cup winners undefeated in 2022. Will be interesting to see also how many join the French U19s team for the Europeon Cup in September too.

Peut être une image de 4 personnes, personnes debout et plein air

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

• Thanks 2

You going to Toulouse or PIA v BAHO on Sunday Gordon.

Driving back with the doggie tomorrow night )Far easier than daytime less traffic and a couple of motorway stops for a sleep:) If I leave Kent at 3PM will be home by 10AM the following morning allowing for 4/5 hours sleep:)

My predictions this weekend wins for the Dragons/Toulouse and PIA:)

Should get around 5000 on Sunday for the Elite 2 Final:)

Paul

20 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

You going to Toulouse or PIA v BAHO on Sunday Gordon.

Driving back with the doggie tomorrow night )Far easier than daytime less traffic and a couple of motorway stops for a sleep:) If I leave Kent at 3PM will be home by 10AM the following morning allowing for 4/5 hours sleep:)

My predictions this weekend wins for the Dragons/Toulouse and PIA:)

Should get around 5000 on Sunday for the Elite 2 Final:)

Paul

Paul hoping to go to Ernest Wallon Sunday last weekend 2 losses at home for Dragons/TO fingers crossed this time allez le treize

Edited by audois

On 07/06/2022 at 14:32, audois said:

U19s Dragons turning over Carcassonne in the Cup Final at Pia last Sunday 16-58. Coached by Dragons former winger Justin Murphy. The intention being that now that some will move up to U23s playing in Elite1 in the autumn. Centre Levi Atiga could be one moving up with four tries on Sunday. League and Cup winners undefeated in 2022. Will be interesting to see also how many join the French U19s team for the Europeon Cup in September too.

Peut être une image de 4 personnes, personnes debout et plein air

If that's the same centre I saw play a few weeks ago I wouldn't be surprised if he got promoted to the Elite One team, he looks like a real talent. 

I think he's the number 4 in this video. Looks like a man playing against toddlers.

Edited by The Daddy
  • Thanks 1

As well as sending players to Cumbria presently getting the the young'ins too  involved

http://www.catalansdragons.com/articles-9/258-9769-les-dragons-a-lecole/

Atiga wasn't the only one not listed in the start-off group. The half-back and captain.Salles-Bardes also a late arrival.