Sun 12 Jun: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

1st blood to Barrow maybe a fortunate Sammut try under the sticks 0-6 ……21 mins in.

Town pressure but then Miludi ( 1st game back after the 8 game ban ) feeds Tee 

Tee full length try when Town were threatening 💪💪Miludi fed Tee & we know what happens next, Should be 0-12 😎 Town are very much in this game.

Edited by mickmike wilson

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Barrow heading in comfortable. They are just ruthless right now. That game on end of June versus Fax is going to be a solid contest. 

Getting a few strike players back now as well as a few new recruits & the local lads are getting lots of game time as the adjust to the higher level, Everything is good in the Furness Peninsula 

0-34, 8 mins remaining, Think it’s safe to say we have won this one.

0-58 What a fantastic game by Barrow here, if only we put it up the jumper & beat Leigh instead of pushing it 

FT 🥇

Edited by mickmike wilson

Widnes 14 York 4 HT

Jack Owens playing for Widnes for the first time in ages. Lots of scoring opportunities for the Vikings, but some excellent try saving tackles from Glover and Marsh. Craven sinbinned for Widnes right before halftime.

9 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I dont expect these results to last, (Fax, York and Batley to pull it b ack) but this is exactly where we can be with champ if we dont cut it. Widnes beating York, Newcastle beating Batley, Haven beating Fax and Broncos staying alive if they win this. 

Don't be too sure about York.  We are in a very poor run and Widnes were always going to have a reaction to last week, plus have Owens back and need to impress a new coach. 

22 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Don't be too sure about York.  We are in a very poor run and Widnes were always going to have a reaction to last week, plus have Owens back and need to impress a new coach. 

If Widnes keep arguing with the referee every time he gets something wrong, they have no chance of winning. Need some discipline.

• Like 1

Widnes 14 York 16 FT.  Very much against the run of play. Fair to say that the home crowd and team not happy with some of the refereeing decisions, but dissent gets you nowhere.

• Like 1

As a Fev supporter went to Dewsbury v London game.London much the better and quicker team with the ball.But their defence is poor at times.A plodding Dewsbury side doing the basics managed to keep in touch despite playing into a very strong wind in the second half.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

As a Fev supporter went to Dewsbury v London game.London much the better and quicker team with the ball.But their defence is poor at times.A plodding Dewsbury side doing the basics managed to keep in touch despite playing into a very strong wind in the second half.

Cant see the Rams staying up now, mores the pity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

So no surprises but that result for Thunder even with Batley being Batley is poor. FT team shouldnt be getting pumped by 40 points. For Bulls nothing changes. Need to beat Rams, throw the game against Leigh (rest everyone) then beat Thunder and Broncos to set up our mini final versus Barrow end of July. 

I think it was 46 unanswered points to finish the second half!

I thought Newcastle didn't look too bad when I saw them on tv, so it's a great result for Batley.

Widnes played much better than of lately. Can't blame the ref, although we did see a few dodgy decisions. Watching the York player, 3?, bouncing off player after player, knew it was going to end badly. Also thought Widnes took a few wrong options in second half.

London next. Chance to get back on the winning horse.

• Like 1

Went to the OLC today - Eagles were very flat and Bradford had too much for them in pretty much all areas.

The match day experience is good, though. Definitely something to build on (no pun intended - there looks like work being done on the ground still). They just need to get a couple of players fit and a couple more off the naughty step. Leigh will beat them easily unless they improve rapidly but maybe that's not a big issue at the moment. After that they need to get back on the bike and win some winnable games to get the new fans excited about the team.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"