• QLD by 9 points or fewer
    • QLD by 10 to 19 points
    • QLD by 20 or more points.
    • NSW by 9 points or fewer
    • NSW by 10 to 19 points
    • NSW by 20 or more points
    • 0 - a draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/07/22 at 10:10

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Anyone who has had the pleasure of watching this game has seen one of the greatest games ever played.

That is simply a ridiculous statement. It was a decent game. Watch it again with the sound off.

• Haha 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Q'land 806 kicking Mts,  NSW 564 that was DCE's influence and the chase was exemplary.

How do you think teams get good kicking meters? DCE and Cleary are similar levels, one was playing behind a good pack, one wasn’t. 

3736-mipm.gif

3 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

That is simply a ridiculous statement. It was a decent game. Watch it again with the sound off.

We can't all like the same things Tex, I don't need the commentary to influence me in my opinion, if it differs from yours, well that's just life isn't it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

2 myths broken in this game, the first that Tedesco is head and shoulders above any other full back, and two that Cherry Evan's has lost his Green and Gold jumper, swop him and Cleary teams and NSW win this.

17 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Q'land 806 kicking Mts,  NSW 564 that was DCE's influence and the chase was exemplary.

Is that you using stats to back up your argument there Harry?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

32 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree, but Tedesco is regarded well at the top, to a newbie Ponga would be judged the best on this showing.

But you can't judge who are the best players on 1 game. It's a body of work. 

If a newbie wants to think Ponga is better, then that's fine. They'd be wrong, but it's a good start to a conversation.

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

30 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

The Panthers have a great squad and plenty of go-forward in the pack which gives Clearly and Luai time and space to work. And look good. They didn't get that today, nor in game 1, and looked ordinary.

Also, Luai is a nasty little specimen. 

This. 

However, i also think a decent go forward comes on the back of an option on the edges. NSW seem to be focussed on quickness behind the ruck rather than a 2/3 man shift. Maybe this changes if you have Turbo and Wighton in the centres rather than Burton and Crighton.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

I'm really not sure why NSW played Jake Trbojevic in the front row.  He is a very good player but not a front rower.  He is strong defensively and good with ball distrubution but the latter is what Yeo is in the team for.

When NSW have the likes of David Klemmer available who is a top class go forward and hard as nails prop then Trbojevic just seems lightweight in the front row.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Don’t watch it then if you don’t like it or the commentary. Watch your sub-par northern hemisphere rugby league instead. This is league at its highest standard played by the best players in the world, whether you like it or not. 

Northern hemisphere fans continuously crying because of jealousy over the Southern Hemisphere product is pathetic. 

Edited by Aussie Bronco
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't know any better Tex, but I would say you seem a little bit miffed that Q'sland won.

I honestly don’t care who wins, I’m not from either state. If I had to pick one it’d be Queensland 

3736-mipm.gif

7 minutes ago, Aussie Bronco said:

Don’t watch it then if you don’t like it or the commentary. Watch your sub-par northern hemisphere rugby league instead. This is league at its highest standard played by the best players in the world, whether you like it or not. 

Northern hemisphere fans continuously crying because of jealousy over the Southern Hemisphere product is pathetic. 

Could you increase the font pal, having trouble reading that little cry you had there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3736-mipm.gif

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

We can't all like the same things Tex, I don't need the commentary to influence me in my opinion, if it differs from yours, well that's just life isn't it.

Fair enough. I enjoyed it, I just didn’t think it was what the commentators thought it was. It wasn’t even close in the second half really. Decent scramble/average goal line attack from QL kept it interesting. QL always win at home in deciders. People dissecting the game when ultimately home field advantage counts for a lot when you actually have crowds. Obviously aussies struggle with that concept.

3736-mipm.gif

25 minutes ago, Aussie Bronco said:

Please, don't tar us all with the same brush.

Excellent match.

The kicking game from Cherry Evans was the difference, Hunt also stepped up with some key contributions and Ponga was also superb. Most players were very good to be fair (Nanai, Tedesco, Saifiti possibly the best of the rest)

The fight between Gagai and Burton was something else.

Breathtaking. Loved it.

54 minutes ago, Aussie Bronco said:

Some of the best players in the world.

4 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Talking the game up.

We should try it. 

Yeah, I thought those two call outs  y @Dunbarand @Nothus were a little petty.

the game was definitely intense and that kick was definitely the biggest in history 😂 

Sometime we need to give commentators liberty to big up an occasion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Anyone who has had the pleasure of watching this game has seen one of the greatest games ever played.

I completely agree . If there’s been a game with more intensity I haven’t seen it . Those guys just cannot be human to push yourself that far , I just thought it was off the scale it was non stop . And a great punch up for good measure 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

2 really poor tackle techniques in the first 5 and were force fed bs about bringing back the biff, 80s etc. I like the games I hate the overhype. Australians really don’t have big events do they. They act like delirious children at any kind of actual crowd 

I don’t know where to start. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Yeah, I thought those two call outs  y @Dunbarand @Nothus were a little petty.

the game was definitely intense and that kick was definitely the biggest in history 😂 

Sometime we need to give commentators liberty to big up an occasion.

I'm on the internet... I'm am claiming my right to be petty!

Anyway, all I am calling out is the commentary, the game was great. 

And actually, it may well have been one of the most intense games ever... and that's kind of my point, that is lost in the noise of the fact that the State of Origin commentators always say it is one of the most intense games ever in every single game.  If they are all the most intense games then none of them are.

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, it's too much for me.

I want to make my own mind up that I am watching a great game, not be told it every 60 seconds.

In quoting you previously, I will give you the note that I was watching Foxtel coverage, not Channel 9. Had I been watching 9 coverage like you, perhaps… sorry, I mean, I certainly would have been equally upset with the commentary 😂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree, but Tedesco is regarded well at the top, to a newbie Ponga would be judged the best on this showing.

Ponga was very good tonight . Tedesco was very good tonight and just about every game night , he’s still the man 

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

The much vaunted Cleary/Luai have been completely outplayed

Luai is NSW’s Munster to me , I just don’t like him at all . When he stood up to Tino I was dying for Tino to fill him in 

5 hours ago, Graham said:

Give Ponga his due, he’s having a good game.

Kalyn Ponga has been confirmed as the man of the match for Game 3 of the 2022 State of Origin series.
He was creative in a way that QLD didn’t miss Cam Munster.

Good to see him stand up strong.

I’d have picked him as man of the match if they’d have asked me.

The result was all the more impressive given how QLD bounced back from that hammering in Origin 2.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Luai is NSW’s Munster to me , I just don’t like him at all . When he stood up to Tino I was dying for Tino to fill him in 

Munster is in the team I follow and I understand what you say about him. He’s tough as old boots though and can take it as well as give it. 
Luai though, well I agree with you. He’s unpleasant when he’s winning and absent or never nasty when he isn’t.

6 hours ago, Davo5 said:

The Blues had a few missing to,including both the dominant centres from last year.

Agreed.  Stephen Crichton was pretty poor all series and while Burton showed glimpses, he is nowhere near the class of Tom Trbojevic and Latrell Mitchell.  Those two would have made a huge difference to the Blues... as they did last year.  But that is Rugby League, you have to play the hand you are dealt.