Fri 15th Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 20:00

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/22 at 19:30

16 minutes ago, Damien said:

Talk about a lame attempt to try and take something out of context. If someone is going to moan about a lack of NRL appearances going back to when the said player is a teenager its only fair to point out that his age would have played some part in that.

Plenty of players are not established in the NRL at 19. Plenty does not mean all, that should be fairly obvious to anyone.

Don't be so childish, I never referenced Field by name - a player who I think is as exciting as we have had in SL for a good while - it was you who jumped right in when a poster said he only played 17 games in NRL in 4 years prior to becoming a superstar in the SL. I just expressed my opinion that the standard and difference of the competitions would be the reason for this, and vice versa with some of our 'high profile backs' going over there, but you have not bothered taking up that part of the post.

42 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't be so childish, I never referenced Field by name - a player who I think is as exciting as we have had in SL for a good while - it was you who jumped right in when a poster said he only played 17 games in NRL in 4 years prior to becoming a superstar in the SL. I just expressed my opinion that the standard and difference of the competitions would be the reason for this, and vice versa with some of our 'high profile backs' going over there, but you have not bothered taking up that part of the post.

I mean the my post was about Field, the post I replied to was about your Field and your response was quoting that. Of course you were talking about Field, or this 'him' you referred to must have been someone different. A reply to a poster is not jumping in by the way, its a forum for goodness sake. I suggest you read posts more properly then you may know what you are talking about.

Anyhow, he's an import. I thought they were all the rage for you these days and your latest hobby horse.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I should have mentioned earlier, it was nice to catch up with Padge and Native New Yorker once again, been a while since I saw them last.

I couldn't help but notice their arrivals don't get any more punctual though, although, to be fair, they only missed 5 of Bevan French's tries.

The reason we were so early was that we thought it was a 7:45 kick-off.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

The reason we were so early was that we thought it was a 7:45 kick-off.

Hull FC thought it was 10pm.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Don't get this whole "XXX didn't make it in the NRL, and now he's brilliant over here" line as a stick to beat our competition with. We could reel of a pretty lengthy list of our own of seasoned NRL pros who have come over here and flopped. We're not as good as the NRL, we know that.

But it's a bit sad to try and use that to undermine genuinely exciting players in our own league. French is one of my favourite players to watch, something exciting happens when the ball gets in his hand. He plays the sort of rugby that may get some lapsed Wigan fans watching again after a terrible 2021 and reduction in attendances. Isn't that a good thing?

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Ant said:

If that's the ray of sunshine you're taking after that fair play

I'm glad we didn't lose by a cricket score 

I must admit, when French went off I thought thank goodness for that, Wigan have declared.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

15 hours ago, Jughead said:

I’m bored of Hull FC. There, I said it. 

I’m bored of injury crisis after injury crisis. Every. Single. Season. Without fail. I’m bored Hull getting battered by 40+ four or five times a year. I’m bored of Hull punctuating their hideous form by occasionally looking like a group of blokes who have actually met each other and have actually played the game before. I’m bored of Adam Pearson. I’m bored of Hull being rubbish despite the coaching changes. I’m bored of the KC being a shackles around the club. 

So, yeah, relegate Hull. You’re boring. 

I prefer Iggy's version.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

As far as Bevan French's time in the NRL is concerned, he's admitted that he had some attitude problems as a young player which, on top of injuries, didn't help progress his career.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I mean the my post was about Field, the post I replied to was about your Field and your response was quoting that. Of course you were talking about Field, or this 'him' you referred to must have been someone different. A reply to a poster is not jumping in by the way, its a forum for goodness sake. I suggest you read posts more properly then you may know what you are talking about.

Anyhow, he's an import. I thought they were all the rage for you these days and your latest hobby horse.

Yep all the rage in Wigan Metro, they are the reason both clubs are doing well in their respective divisions take them away and both teams would be very very ordinary.

10 hours ago, Chris22 said:

French is one of my favourite players to watch, something exciting happens when the ball gets in his hand.

On Friday evening it was more a case of curiosity than excitement.

"I wonder if Harry Smith will kick the conversion" is what went through my mind.

• Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 16/07/2022 at 02:20, Ragingbull said:

Could you imagine a Premier League player trying to claim the goal scoring record if the goal was 2 feet wider. Id imagine Shearer would be the first to pipe up.  

Much easier to score a try today for a winger than it was 15 years ago

You do know that French never touched a corner flag for any of his tries and was never in danger of doing so.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

54 minutes ago, Padge said:

You do know that French never touched a corner flag for any of his tries and was never in danger of doing so.

The "everything was better in the old days, regardless of evidence" argument is total and irrefutable.

You should know that by now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson