2023 Squad.

spanishknight

i wonder if Nick Rawsthorne has been tempted back as he isn't in Fax's plans, he had a couple of spells on loan with the Knights a few years ago and has abit of SL experience, might be ok short term to boost the numbers and at least he isn't still at school.  

Edited by Expatknight
typo

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

i wonder if Nick Rawsthorne has been tempted back as he isn't in Fax's plans, he had a couple of spells on loan with the Knights a few years ago and has abit of SL experience, might be ok short term to boost the numbers and at least he isn't still at school.  

Announced by Oldham this morning

On 16/06/2023 at 16:27, Cam varley said:

Jamie Ellis still in Swinton squad which suggests his loan has been extended from the initial one month.Baffling considering we are struggling for 17

Better off without him. He was dire yesterday for Swinton, unfit and overweight, he struggled.

16 minutes ago, BullyXL said:

Better off without him. He was dire yesterday for Swinton, unfit and overweight, he struggled.

Agent Ellis doing his thing. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• 3 weeks later...

I can't understand this Bass /Glover move. The only thing I can think of is that Sheffield wanted Glover, we wanted a fee and got Bass back instead. There's no way Hendersons gone out to get Bass and decided Glover is surplus to requirements. Very odd. Leaves us desperately short at centre again.

Strange one always rated Glover and will be a big loss and can kick goals that only leaves Harrison and Harris who aren't regular kickers unless Ellis is coming back to the knights.

Just now, rich f said:

I can't understand this Bass /Glover move. The only thing I can think of is that Sheffield wanted Glover, we wanted a fee and got Bass back instead. There's no way Hendersons gone out to get Bass and decided Glover is surplus to requirements. Very odd. Leaves us desperately short at centre again.

Looks like Bass will be in the centres

1 minute ago, spanishknight said:

Looks like Bass will be in the centres

Not sure he's as good as Glover and does pick up a few injuries when he was with the knights last time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rich f said:

Sounds like henderson has judging by glover’s interview with Sheffield on YouTube 

11 minutes ago, Cam varley said:

Sounds like henderson has judging by glover’s interview with Sheffield on YouTube 

Wow. Just watched that. He looks absolutely gutted. Really can't see the logic behind this at all. Hendos biggest call to date, hope it doesn't come back and bite him.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

with the two loan signings that gives us 9 players of the fit squad who are 21 or younger, I am sure there is a good reason for this but I think we are getting a bit light on experience, I can't see the logic unless they are part of a long term plan, it is unlikely Toby will stay beyond his loan period as he is under a 4 year contract at Leeds.

I am sure the boys will try their best as all our younger players have this season but there is no substitute for  experience when the going gets tough.

59 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

with the two loan signings that gives us 9 players of the fit squad who are 21 or younger, I am sure there is a good reason for this but I think we are getting a bit light on experience, I can't see the logic unless they are part of a long term plan, it is unlikely Toby will stay beyond his loan period as he is under a 4 year contract at Leeds.

I am sure the boys will try their best as all our younger players have this season but there is no substitute for  experience when the going gets tough.

At this stage of the season, I would rather loan in 2 young players who will be keen to make an impression rather than 2 journeymen who might only go through the motions and take the money. Leave that option to Bradford.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

At this stage of the season, I would rather loan in 2 young players who will be keen to make an impression rather than 2 journeymen who might only go through the motions and take the money. Leave that option to Bradford.

I agree the two loanees will be keen to impress especially Toby who will want to show how much he has improved.

Also who is actually available to compliment the squad on the market?

We needed a hooker as cover now Josh is injured so will give us more depth there I think it’s a positive move.

• Like 2