Klaxon time

Wiggyroad

IMG's proposals  are:

Category A clubs will be guaranteed participation in the top tier while Category B clubs will be reassessed annually with the highest-ranking occupying the remaining slots in the top tier , no mention of league position just where they rank in the stated criteria for that Category.

the only guaranteed promotion / relegation down to league position is berween league 1 and the Championship, as I understand it.

15 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

IMG's proposals  are:

Category A clubs will be guaranteed participation in the top tier while Category B clubs will be reassessed annually with the highest-ranking occupying the remaining slots in the top tier , no mention of league position just where they rank in the stated criteria for that Category.

the only guaranteed promotion / relegation down to league position is berween league 1 and the Championship, as I understand it.

No Championship clubs will be given a grade A. They can get promoted and then earn a grade A.

Promotion & relegation will remain until there are 12 grade A clubs (which is many years away) - at that point, the league will look to expand.

21 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Promotion & relegation will remain until there are 12 grade A clubs (which is many years away) - at that point, the league will look to expand.

Have you got a link to where that is explicitly stated Gav? Am not saying you are wrong btw just I can't find confirmation of it - in fact all I have been able to find is the suggestion that SL will consist of the highest-ranking clubs each year (eg as below in a Sky Sports report).

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/12719569/rfl-give-strong-support-to-radical-new-plans-from-img-to-scrap-super-league-relegation

Participation in the top tier to be based on a range of on and off field measures, delivered through a club grading system with the aim of supporting financial sustainability and encouraging investment into clubs. ‘Category A’ clubs will be guaranteed participation in the top tier whilst ‘Category B’ clubs will be re-assessed annually with the highest-ranking clubs occupying the remaining slots in the top tier. Promotion and relegation will continue on the field of play between the second and third tiers with tier two increasingly filled with strong Category B Clubs.

40 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Have you got a link to where that is explicitly stated Gav? Am not saying you are wrong btw just I can't find confirmation of it - in fact all I have been able to find is the suggestion that SL will consist of the highest-ranking clubs each year (eg as below in a Sky Sports report).

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/12719569/rfl-give-strong-support-to-radical-new-plans-from-img-to-scrap-super-league-relegation

Participation in the top tier to be based on a range of on and off field measures, delivered through a club grading system with the aim of supporting financial sustainability and encouraging investment into clubs. ‘Category A’ clubs will be guaranteed participation in the top tier whilst ‘Category B’ clubs will be re-assessed annually with the highest-ranking clubs occupying the remaining slots in the top tier. Promotion and relegation will continue on the field of play between the second and third tiers with tier two increasingly filled with strong Category B Clubs.

the clipping you have posted backs up what gavs said. catA is only for super league teams (not necessarily all of super league yet) and they can not be relegated. unless we get promoted by right we aint not never gonna be a catA team

im beginning to feel that the new owner does not have the ambition (or cash hes prepared to spend) to get the club promoted and thats why fordy walked. but personally i dont mind us being a solid championship side so i guess i share his lack of ambition (and i have no cash)

17 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

the clipping you have posted backs up what gavs said.

Really? Which bit? I specifically asked for evidence that promotion and relegation would continue between SL and Championship post-2025, where does it say that in the clipping?

Again, I am not saying Gav is wrong - in fact I think he's probably right - I'm just looking for confirming evidence.

18 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

im beginning to feel that the new owner does not have the ambition (or cash hes prepared to spend) to get the club promoted and thats why fordy walked. but personally i dont mind us being a solid championship side so i guess i share his lack of ambition (and i have no cash)

From the events I've been to I got the total opposite impression from him, he's stated he's planning to grow the business to be sustainable not just chuck cash at it until he's bored. We could try signing a few SL has beens & injury prone players like Bradford have but we tried that and it was a total waste of time & money, and we all complained.

Fordy "walked" cos he got a job at a club already in SL.

• Like 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

IMG's proposals  are:

Actually, hold my question. Found what I was looking for, confirming Gav's comments.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/key-details-imgs-rugby-league-25256694

However, one of the key pieces of information to be clarified was around the mechanics of promotion and relegation. We now know that clubs will all be graded on unspecified criteria, with clubs to eventually be graded from A through to C. But what was unclear was what happens if a Grade B club finished bottom of Super League and a Grade B club won the Championship. Crucially, that has now been confirmed and, if that were to happen, the team finishing bottom of Super League will be relegated, and the team who wins the Championship will be promoted. In essence, promotion and relegation from Super League will still exist in its current guise on the basis the club coming up is the same grade as the clubs going down. Grade A clubs will be exempt from Super League relegation.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Actually, hold my question. Found what I was looking for, confirming Gav's comments.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/key-details-imgs-rugby-league-25256694

However, one of the key pieces of information to be clarified was around the mechanics of promotion and relegation. We now know that clubs will all be graded on unspecified criteria, with clubs to eventually be graded from A through to C. But what was unclear was what happens if a Grade B club finished bottom of Super League and a Grade B club won the Championship. Crucially, that has now been confirmed and, if that were to happen, the team finishing bottom of Super League will be relegated, and the team who wins the Championship will be promoted. In essence, promotion and relegation from Super League will still exist in its current guise on the basis the club coming up is the same grade as the clubs going down. Grade A clubs will be exempt from Super League relegation.

What this doesn't clarify though is what happens if a Cat A club finishes bottom of SL and a Cat B club finishes top of the championship, does this mean no P&R? Alternatively does the lowest placed Cat B club in SL get relegated instead?

If it is is the later (lowest placed Cat B club in SL gets relegated), consider the following scenario, a number of years in the future there are 11 Cat A clubs and 1 Cat B in SL and the Cat B club wins SL, but would still have to be relegated. No one in their right mind (other than the 11 Cat A SL club chairperson) would think this is the correct outcome.

And if it is the former (no P&R) then P&R does not exist as it does today.

For me there are still too many unanswered questions for this whole IMG process to decided what it all really means.

Personally I believe to restrict relegation based on based on categorization in this why is totally anti sport. I accept that you can have criteria to get promoted, For example to have £x turnover, a stadium that holds xxxxx spectators, etc. But having meet that criteria to be told you can't be promoted because the team at the bottom of the league above is not eligible for relegation is just wrong.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

15 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

What this doesn't clarify though is what happens if a Cat A club finishes bottom of SL and a Cat B club finishes top of the championship, does this mean no P&R? Alternatively does the lowest placed Cat B club in SL get relegated instead?

If it is is the later (lowest placed Cat B club in SL gets relegated), consider the following scenario, a number of years in the future there are 11 Cat A clubs and 1 Cat B in SL and the Cat B club wins SL, but would still have to be relegated. No one in their right mind (other than the 11 Cat A SL club chairperson) would think this is the correct outcome.

And if it is the former (no P&R) then P&R does not exist as it does today.

For me there are still too many unanswered questions for this whole IMG process to decided what it all really means.

Personally I believe to restrict relegation based on based on categorization in this why is totally anti sport. I accept that you can have criteria to get promoted, For example to have £x turnover, a stadium that holds xxxxx spectators, etc. But having meet that criteria to be told you can't be promoted because the team at the bottom of the league above is not eligible for relegation is just wrong.

Its a good job that will never happen then, isn't it? 

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Which bit do you think will never happen? A club denied promotion because they didn't fit the criteria? 

30 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Which bit do you think will never happen? A club denied promotion because they didn't fit the criteria? 

Yes. If a club wins the Championship and has a grade B rating, then they will replace the lowest finishing grade B rated club in Super League. 

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Err Bradford won super greed and could do so again but don’t think they would have or will be awarded a cat A

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Yes. If a club wins the Championship and has a grade B rating, then they will replace the lowest finishing grade B rated club in Super League. 

You might be right tho it does bring into play the scenario that the SL winners would be relegated if they are the only Cat B club in SL, which is just plain daft. However that isn’t what they have said, in the article Phantom Horseman references above it states if the bottom of SL is Cat B and championship winners are Cat B there will be Promotion and Relegation. Still lots of questions that need answering for me.

54 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

To bring the standards up of all the other clubs. 

Having criteria to be promoted is aimed at raising standards, which is lord able, but to safeguard certain clubs because they are deemed to be more “worthy” isn’t about raising standards, it is about protecting the boys in the “in club”.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think we need concern ourselves too much about Super League this coming season, with the signings that have been, and continue to be, made by all our rivals I can’t honestly see us being any more than mid table sadly, I hope I am wrong, we shall see.

58 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

I don’t think we need concern ourselves too much about Super League this coming season, with the signings that have been, and continue to be, made by all our rivals I can’t honestly see us being any more than mid table sadly, I hope I am wrong, we shall see.

I wasn’t concerning myself

• Haha 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward