Klaxon time

Wiggyroad

Last season we virtually limped into the playoffs, let's just suppose Hendo can improve our options, I feel the squad is capable of making the 6, IMHO josh Daley is our most important signing as jubby has never been pushed for the starting position since we had Andy Ellis.  Thoughts?, 

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Last season we virtually limped into the playoffs, let's just suppose Hendo can improve our options, I feel the squad is capable of making the 6, IMHO josh Daley is our most important signing as jubby has never been pushed for the starting position since we had Andy Ellis.  Thoughts?, 

Don’t think Ellis pushed him

• Thanks 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

8 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Don’t think Ellis pushed him

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

no point signing the wrong players , lets wait and get a gem

I'm hoping we've already signed 1 or2 gems George although I just wish it had been confirmed they were at the club, training hard, ready for the soon to begin 2023 season which is due to open with a friendly at Doncaster 3 weeks on Sunday! Not a mention in the Press. No photo of them at training. Nothing! I assume they ARE training! Come on York, get your act together and let people know we still have a semi pro Rugby League club in York! While I'm on here, a pal of mine told me tonight he picked his season ticket up at the club shop yesterday when he called in. When I asked how he knew they were ready he said it was on Facebook!  Facebook! What about we folk who don't do Facebook! I used to get emails from the club telling me things like that. What's happened to them!?

• Like 5

It certainly hasn't been the most exciting of pre-seasons that's for sure, we've kept a settled squad from last season, given some long contracts to players we want to build around and added a few unknown quantities that won't get the headlines until they step onto the field, so there's nothing really for the club to get excited about except for the gingerbread house making competition and the chocolate oranges.

Although I do remember pre-2021 season being great when we had that SL bid on the go and signed loads of players with tons of SL experience between them like Ryan Atkins, Adam Cuthbertson, Morgan Smith, Kieron Dixon & Ben Jones-Bishop. 2021 season was rubbish though cos they were all a total waste of money.

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

14 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

I'm hoping we've already signed 1 or2 gems George although I just wish it had been confirmed they were at the club, training hard, ready for the soon to begin 2023 season which is due to open with a friendly at Doncaster 3 weeks on Sunday! Not a mention in the Press. No photo of them at training. Nothing! I assume they ARE training! Come on York, get your act together and let people know we still have a semi pro Rugby League club in York! While I'm on here, a pal of mine told me tonight he picked his season ticket up at the club shop yesterday when he called in. When I asked how he knew they were ready he said it was on Facebook!  Facebook! What about we folk who don't do Facebook! I used to get emails from the club telling me things like that. What's happened to them!?

Spot on John, the new regime have some work to do to convince the diehards that they intend to continue the family ethos built up in recent years since the JG debacle. 

• Like 2

My main concern would be the 'skinny squad' and certain players recent injuries woes (both established players and incoming signings) and how we cope with that.

Reckon the media stuff might be a bit thin until Joe's successor hits his chair...

Not been too jealous of some other club's signings (and let's face it, there are only two or three who are spending big bucks) but would have liked to see McKenzie Yei in a York shirt.

21 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Had a email today to say season ticket is ready to pick up and supporters need to give Clint some slack he can't produce big name signings if the club haven't got the finances in place and we tried that a couple of seasons ago without much success hopefully by the beginning of season we will have added two or three players to the squad which at the moment is light in a couple of positions I'm sure Henderson will be talking to other clubs about bringing players in on short term loans or even season long loans,just need to stay positive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Puk said:

Had a email today to say season ticket is ready to pick up and supporters need to give Clint some slack he can't produce big name signings if the club haven't got the finances in place and we tried that a couple of seasons ago without much success hopefully by the beginning of season we will have added two or three players to the squad which at the moment is light in a couple of positions I'm sure Henderson will be talking to other clubs about bringing players in on short term loans or even season long loans,just need to stay positive.

I too received an email at teatime today saying season tickets were now available to pick up from the club shop. I wonder if my post on here yesterday had anything to do with it? No, maybe not. As for people complaining about a lack of big name signings, I never have because you can't spend what you haven't got. What I was complaining about was lack of comunication!

• Like 2

quite a few on a downer for this coming season , iam of the opposite , hingano, jordy thompson , matty marsh , ukuma tai, pauli pauli to name a few who would get in any championship squad , some great young potential plus the usual grafters , whats not to like , up the knights😃

• Like 3

5 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

quite a few on a downer for this coming season , iam of the opposite , hingano, jordy thompson , matty marsh , ukuma tai, pauli pauli to name a few who would get in any championship squad , some great young potential plus the usual grafters , whats not to like , up the knights😃

Not any championship squad G 

On 21/12/2022 at 12:20, andyacko said:

My main concern would be the 'skinny squad' and certain players recent injuries woes (both established players and incoming signings) and how we cope with that.

Reckon the media stuff might be a bit thin until Joe's successor hits his chair...

Not been too jealous of some other club's signings (and let's face it, there are only two or three who are spending big bucks) but would have liked to see McKenzie Yei in a York shirt.

SORRY A😃

8 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Please accept our commiserations on the signing of Riley Dean

Thank you R for your kind words regarding my club and may I take this opportunity to congratulate you on the fantastic squad you have assembled for 2023

• Thanks 1