Sat 24th Sept: SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/22 at 17:30

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

Makinson didn’t break any law the 80mins wasn’t up. What was wrong was the Leeds fans throwing bottles at him.
When Leeds scored their first try right in front of were i was sat, a few of their players turned to the Saints fans, and started celebrating, whooping. Not for one second did i think “they are goading me, and because of that i have the right to throw a bottle at them”. 

Thats probably because like most of us your a normal decent enough fan.  Sadly the same cant be said of   knuckledraggers at the other end of the stadium from you.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josef K said:

Is he a Salford lad SS ?. You’d have thought if he had an interest in RL, Salford would be a club he’d show an interest in. How rich is he ?. 

Yeah FD is born & bred in Ordsall and it's common knowledge he's a big Utd fan. I think it's fair to say his interest in RL is purely financially motivated (trying to corner the RL betting market) as I've never once seen him at either The Willows or the AJ Bell. 

Article here from a few months ago in the M.E.N.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/fred-done-salford-red-devils-23506530

Interesting quote below.... 

“Normally, to buy a sporting club as an investment is a waste of time.

“You can only do it when you’ve got comfort money – when you don’t need it."

I mean he's only worth an estimated £1.3b so I guess you can understand his lack of ability to purchase a sporting giant like Salford.😁

Ironically for someone whose main focus is increasing his wealth, he'd be able to purchase the stadium at a knockdown price and there are plenty of options for income streams from developing plots of land around the stadium.

Anyhow, moot point, he ain't interested so I'll park it there so as not to derail the thread.😊

Edited by SalfordSlim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Josef K said:

Makinson didn’t break any law the 80mins wasn’t up. What was wrong was the Leeds fans throwing bottles at him.
When Leeds scored their first try right in front of were i was sat, a few of their players turned to the Saints fans, and started celebrating, whooping. Not for one second did i think “they are goading me, and because of that i have the right to throw a bottle at them”. 

True those throwing bottles should be identified and banned for life.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Thats probably because like most of us your a normal decent enough fan.  Sadly the same cant be said of   knuckledraggers at the other end of the stadium from you.  

There was some idiots at the Saints end as well Raging. What i did find astounding at HT was women going into the men’s bogs. If fellas went into the women’s toilets they probably would’ve been hauled out the ground and arrested. But it seems ok for some women and they found it funny.
But what can you do with ###### up women. I did mention it to a steward but he just shrugged his shoulders. 

6 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Yeah FD is born & bred in Ordsall and it's common knowledge he's a big Utd fan. I think it's fair to say his interest in RL is purely financially motivated (trying to corner the RL betting market) as I've never once seen him at either The Willows or the AJ Bell. 

Article here from a few months ago in the M.E.N.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/fred-done-salford-red-devils-23506530

Interesting quote below.... 

“Normally, to buy a sporting club as an investment is a waste of time.

“You can only do it when you’ve got comfort money – when you don’t need it."

I mean he's only worth an estimated £1.3b so I guess you can understand his lack of ability to purchase a sporting giant like Salford.😁

Ironically for someone whose main focus is increasing his wealth, he'd be able to purchase the stadium at a knockdown price and there are plenty of options for income streams from developing plots of land around the stadium.

Anyhow, moot point, he ain't interested so I'll park it there so as not to derail the thread.😊

Very interesting article. 

4 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Everyone knows that he’s not that type of player.

I didn’t see the Knowles & LMS incidents, but i am pleased LMS has been banned if he made contact with the Ref. I would love to see the officials penalising players more for backchat & making contact with officials. Id keep penalising them until they got the message, 

9 minutes ago, Josef K said:

There was some idiots at the Saints end as well Raging. What i did find astounding at HT was women going into the men’s bogs. If fellas went into the women’s toilets they probably would’ve been hauled out the ground and arrested. But it seems ok for some women and they found it funny.
But what can you do with ###### up women. I did mention it to a steward but he just shrugged his shoulders. 

That always happens at big sports events. Night clubs too.